2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

DeletedUser

Skulls of Sugar receipts.

In the Day of the Dead Skulls of Sugar quest, Henry says:
Barkeeper Henry Walker
How do you do? Soon there’s this Day of the Dead festival and I expect a lot of customers. I’ve asked Maya’s friend Isabel to help me out and she gave me some receipts. How about this? Sugar skulls! Isn’t that great? I've already borrowed the mold. If you could get the two main ingredients, I’ll prepare everything else

Is receipts supposed to be recipes?

DeletedUser

The whole tutorial at the beginning of the game needs translating. After one of the updates, many quests (especially those) reverted to German rather then English. Apparently they know about it and are working on it. The thing is, how long does it take to revert quests back to English? This was reported weeks ago. :(

DeletedUser

in one of the low level quest where a player needs to return a blue (black? i forgot the color) headband. And the hint says it can be found in a town s general store

guess what, it is in the tailor

DeletedUser34084

5e8fabe712.png

We have a Multiplayer Games button that opens a Multiplayer Worlds window, where you can choose between two Multiplayer Modes. Is it just me or that doesn't make any sense? :p

jarograv

[17:57] Henry: lulumcnoob has become the first to gain the achievement Knowing all the tricks in the book..

Two periods at the end. pls fix

DeletedUser22685

Damn Jaro, back at it again with the game breaking bugs..

The achievement title has a period at the end for some reason, easily fixed..

DeletedUser13607

Up-date Version 2.37

Sheriff is spelt S H E R I F F, not S H E R R I F. Is it too much to expect correct spelling of western titles in a game about the West?! Mortician, for example is not spelt M O T I C I A N.

DeletedUser22685

Sheriff is spelt S H E R I F F, not S H E R R I F. Is it too much to expect correct spelling of western titles in a game about the West?! Mortician, for example is not spelt M O T I C I A N.

It might help if you mention where exactly you found those typos so that they can be fixed. They're both spelt correctly in all the obvious places that I checked. In fact, the only time I ever recall seeing mortician spelt as "motician" was in a five year old YouTube ad which is not only in the very distant past but is also irrelevant to this thread. We've all had a good laugh about it by now, but at least it's better than its predecessor :p (and at least they were advertising The West in 2011).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13607

I actually started a new thread relating to update 2.37. But some kind soul moved the post here. Given the "Motician" was never corrected I suppose the Gulf of Mexico will freeze over before "Sherrif" gets changed.

DeletedUser37191

Hi futu, the only place I saw it spelt wrongly is in the announcement for Version 2.37:
New quest-line: "Detective needed"
Your detective skills are needed! Can you figure out how to solve all quests and to arrest the bank robber?
A new quest-line containing 12 quests is now available for all players level 128 or higher.
For finishing the final quest the achievement "Sherrif's Spy" which will grant you the title "Sherrif's Spy" as a reward.
Seems to be correct in-game:
7da47d4153374400a24a0ddeb56b33e9.png

DeletedUser22685

Hi futu, the only place I saw it spelt wrongly is in the announcement for Version 2.37:
Seems to be correct in-game:
7da47d4153374400a24a0ddeb56b33e9.png

I sincerely hope this isn't relating to the forum thread, though given the lack of response as to where it can be found in-game I'm guessing you're right... That can easily be edited, but if we were to use this thread to report every typo we found in the forum there'd be dozens of posts here every day. That's nitpicking in the extreme.

DeletedUser38371

When you leave an adventure, it says you have left "he" adventure instead of "the."

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 16

DeletedUser35277

the Westerner [item=2522000] ok, that reads "embroided" and even though spelled wrong, that is not what needs fixing. You can't 'embroider' a gun. But you can
"engrave' it. So, it should read 'beautifully engraved" instead.

DeletedUser35533

maybe it was said before, maybe its as its supposed to be but one of the titles for players says "sunjgmanitu thanjka Ob'wachi" or something like that. also "Samuel Clemens' wild leather hat" should not it be "Samuel Clemen's wild leather hat"?

Slygoxx

The title is correct, it's Indian :)
The item is also correct, as it is named after Samuel Clemens and not Samuel Clemen.