Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

Wonder if they would ever change it so you could pray for other people in the game.

When you go to pray you can have the option to pray for others. :)

Lord please look into that big bad dueler that keeps coming after my worker bubba. Thanks and I'll leave the light on for you and the tooth fairy. Cheers.

DeletedUser

Well at some point, I'm going to have to start praying, just to get the 'Bishop' achievement. I won't hold my breath for any other effects though.

DeletedUser26820

Wonder if they would ever change it so you could pray for other people in the game.

When you go to pray you can have the option to pray for others. :)

Lord please look into that big bad dueler that keeps coming after my worker bubba. Thanks and I'll leave the light on for you and the tooth fairy. Cheers.

I do believe you're on to something here, Good Feather....

15 minutes in a church that could be dedicated towards:
A "positive" prayer bestowing +1 whatever fortune or luck or riches on behalf of a toon....
A "negative" prayer bestowing -1 whatever dueling capability or loss of fortune, luck and/or riches of a toon.

But I'm only in if new achievement points can be gained from it.
It's what I pray for :D

DeletedUser

I do believe you're on to something here, Good Feather....

15 minutes in a church that could be dedicated towards:
A "positive" prayer bestowing +1 whatever fortune or luck or riches on behalf of a toon....
A "negative" prayer bestowing -1 whatever dueling capability or loss of fortune, luck and/or riches of a toon.
Wow. I can only imagine the abuse that would come from that. Either 1 person praying 100 times to really screw someone over, or someone getting their entire alliance to pray negatively to screw someone over. :no:

DeletedUser36559

Wow. I can only imagine the abuse that would come from that. Either 1 person praying 100 times to really screw someone over, or someone getting their entire alliance to pray negatively to screw someone over. :no:

It's all luck based anyway so praying 100 times doesn't mean you will get +1 Bonus ( or +100 for that matter) and you can't choose a positive or negative prayer, it will just be 50/50.

DeletedUser

It's all luck based anyway so praying 100 times doesn't mean you will get +1 Bonus ( or +100 for that matter) and you can't choose a positive or negative prayer, it will just be 50/50.
No, my reply was in response to the suggestion that it could be made to be +1 or -1 for or against a player if someone prayed for or against another player. That would leave it open to mass-abuse. :)

DeletedUser26820

Valid point, Big John. I hadn't considered that.

DeletedUser36192

Prayer

I know this has been brought up before, but last post was in 2010.

What exactly does it mean by the sleepyhead set having +2 Prayer? It doesn't get counted into 2 extra prayers when you do one (for achievement) so i was wondering if it's just the same as praying and means nothing overall?

DeletedUser37191

What exactly does it mean by the sleepyhead set having +2 Prayer? It doesn't get counted into 2 extra prayers when you do one (for achievement) so i was wondering if it's just the same as praying and means nothing overall?

What do you mean, it means nothing? :blink:

Anyway, it's like 2 more Labor Points, but for praying. You like more LP when you're doing jobs and construction, right? So, when praying it's the same. You become more efficient at it.

DeletedUser22685

Last post was in 2010? The exact same questions get asked at least a couple of times every year without fail. In fact, I've merged your posts into a thread that continues to be resurrected regularly, despite being created after most people had accepted that praying had no noticeable effect. Not that I really mind since a good prayer joke every now and then is always fun, but we really don't need more threads opening up about it. If you have a question about praying, ask it here. Better yet, search through this thread because you'll likely find that it's been discussed already.

To answer this question specifically, both you and Pnevma are both more or less correct. Pnevma in that it technically makes you "better" at praying, and you in that it's useless. I can't really believe that people continue to show any interest in praying beyond earning achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36192

Oh sorry, i searched up praying in the topic box and it showed last post from 2010 - i was in disbelief so guess my hunch was right!

Anyways, yeah I was going to start going for the 1k pray achievement so was really hoping it wasn't just LPs and was like some nice little hack where +2prayer meant praying once with set = 3 prayers haha (like the optimist I am) but sadly, no :p

DeletedUser26820

Nice try, Crooked :)
In that case, you'd go to a level 200+ church that is like +20 praying and have the 1000 prayers knocked out in a little over 12 hours. Imagine the anger from all those, including me, that dropped to our knees 1000 times and invested 250 hours for the achievement. There'd be a riot..... LOL.

DeletedUser37191

[...]
To answer this question specifically, both you and Pnevma are both more or less correct. Pnevma in that it technically makes you "better" at praying, and you in that it's useless. I can't really believe that people continue to show any interest in praying beyond earning achievements.

Why was I "more or less" correct? It does make you more efficient at praying! About 50%, by my own calculation, and I'm sure most here will agree with me! :D

DeletedUser26820

And the value added to the game by gaining efficiency at praying is.....?

DeletedUser36192

Nice try, Crooked :)
In that case, you'd go to a level 200+ church that is like +20 praying and have the 1000 prayers knocked out in a little over 12 hours. Imagine the anger from all those, including me, that dropped to our knees 1000 times and invested 250 hours for the achievement. There'd be a riot..... LOL.

yeeaahh you got on your knees :p haha okay sorry that was inappropriate ><

DeletedUser26820

yeeaahh you got on your knees :p haha okay sorry that was inappropriate ><

Oh, Crooked...

I've been on my knees.... you're the one that's to be doing the kneeling for 1000 ;)

Good fun, bro. Please never take my posts personally. After 5 years, I'm jaded, and had to get down on my knees a lot more than 1000 times.....

Rack 'em up, bro. It's an achievement. 15 minutes at a time. Give it hell :)