Duel Changes

DeletedUser22685

I think there should be something addressed about allowing the same dueler to obnoxiously follow someone from place to place and dueling the same person over and over 5 and 6 times per day. Then sending the losing dueler taunting telegrams because of what is happening. There should be a way to stop this.

Actually, it was only made possible to follow someone around the map to prevent duellers from sitting in a player's town and using their saloon to duel them no matter where they were on the map, which is how the original duelling system worked. The system as it is has already been altered to partially address your problem, although I won't try and claim that back-to-back duellers aren't still annoying.

DeletedUser

Sooooo...no-one actually knows where best to put the points then?
I read the Dev-Blog and it was as clear as mud. :tumble:
You'd think that with such a major overhaul, They'd release an official statement in-game and on the forum saying something like, "Okay, instead of Dodging, you need to put your points into xxx" or something like that.
This is insane!!! :mad:

jarograv

Forcing people to figure out the new system themselves and test what builds work best so that it actually takes some skill and effort to be the best dueler?! This is insanity!
/s

DeletedUser

Hmmm. Fair point. :)
I myself don't care too much as every point went into HP for FFs, but I'm sure my friends will appreciate figuring it out the hard way. ;)

Snr Sarg

Very good point jarograv.

The thing is, Inno have never released info about the way duel results are calculated, nor which skills are more important.

Whilst frustrating, I see it that Inno have tried to make it so that there is more variety in duel builds, that one build will never be an over-powering beat all type of build, though they might want to have a look at resistance builds if they want to stop that :)

This is the way it's always been, rock beats scissors beat paper beats rock and so on and so forth

DeletedUser36559

Well all I know is I lose against players who are pure FF'ers with scout gear and I've got full dueling gear, that's all I need to know about dueling and any formulas involved.

jarograv

Ok I asked for clarification in a Support ticket and was pointed to this..

http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=1476

To me I am somewhat lost..

So what can we gather....
Resistance is now somewhere between 25 and 50% of the secondary skill - this can easily be tested to find the exact values by dueling people and recording the difference between your shooting/vigor and their toughness/reflex and working out the math. Essentially all we can gather until more testing is done is that resistance is more powerful.

Stance now plays less of a role in calculating if a shot will land than it did before. So you may want to adjust your stance and consider the bonuses given by standing straight up, aiming head, or aiming shoulders. The bonus given to dodging L-R-L-R may be outclassed by the added aim you get from standing up straight and shooting for the head.

Appear and tactics are now more of a factor. Therefor you may want to adjust your old build to include more appearance and tactics.

DeletedUser928

So when we click on this new quest it resets
shooting/vigor/toughness/reflex/appearance/tactics

and aim and dodging too...

DeletedUser34408

Stance now plays less of a role in calculating if a shot will land than it did before. So you may want to adjust your stance and consider the bonuses given by standing straight up, aiming head, or aiming shoulders. The bonus given to dodging L-R-L-R may be outclassed by the added aim you get from standing up straight and shooting for the head.

Appear and tactics are now more of a factor. Therefor you may want to adjust your old build to include more appearance and tactics.

I beg to differ that stance plays less of a role than the previous formula, why are shoulder or headshots attracting a aim bonus as they already attract a damage bonus? Surely headshots are a higher skilled shot and should be reflected in your skill/attribute point distribution. A player who has less aim/dodge and app/tactics than his opponent shouldn't be landing headshots in my opinion regardless if he aims correctly, he hasn't got the skills to pull it off so why reward a aim bonus? Silly in my opinion. Like I have stated previously in this thread the luck on dodge has been replaced with luck on aim between the previous formula and the current formula.

DeletedUser

I am new to the game like 4 or 5 days new OK, as i look around I see all these "Duelists" that Level 150 and Duel Level450 I think ""WoW!!That guy must be a Bad Ass" and then as a I am "working" picking Cotton in what I believe to be clothes to make WORK go faster Because 3 or 4 days into this and around 20k in game money I now have "Riding or Traveling" outfit Construction or Diggers outfit and My Most Prized of all "My Gun Sling'n Gear" I been dueling NPC's with great outcomes practicing and dialing my Dodges my aiming points an am ready for some PvP action Knowing if I am to beat it'll be by someone 3 or 4 levels ahead of me Well In was right, as I was "Working" somebody sporting a Duel level of 37 and being level 27 beat me I never stood a chance against him Why in fact I didnt even know he had picked a fight with me I just seen my Health take a drastic drop WTF the Coward had me anyway what kinda crap is this I mean I can go around all day taking out little 16 through 20 and get my duel level up Is there no Honor Integrity I dont about Y'all but I take PRIDE in everythijng I accomplish Maybe that is what needs to change Maybe We players should Allow Cowards and thier School Yard Bully tactics to Flourish and prosper because this is a Whole from understanding This is what they do Whatever

DeletedUser35120

C'mon now guys, he's a new player. We tell Inno to advertise the game and we ourselves can't be such :donkey:es to new players :p

It's just how the game rolls CycoDawg, you just have to be prepared to get dueled at any moment. Those duelers are always lurking around to steal your money and kill you. It's not about bragging for the duelers, it's just the fun that they get from this. Robbery is fun in-game, killing too :laugh:

DeletedUser22685

I'll just quote what I said in the other thread you opened.

There's really not much to say apart from that you're in for a rude awakening if you're expecting duels to work like that. Sure, your way is more honourable and it would be great if it were possible for a system like that to work, but if you plan on being a dueller, you're better off just accepting it or you'll find it hard to compete or enjoy the game.

DeletedUser35120

Yeah I can totally imagine, whoever moans will get REKT in seconds lol. But this ain't call of duty, right? :laugh:

Pankreas PorFavor

"blabla cowards, blabla bullies"
"I don't know about you, but I have honor and pride blabla"
"this needs to change"
that kind of attitude in his first forum post, after just 4-5 days of playing? nope, he doesn't deserve a better response.
answering questions and helping new players? sure, I've done that a million times, but not when someone starts with this kind of attitude.

DeletedUser

Well I dont know But Hey If ever anyone of ya wanna play a Mans Game come to world of warplanes and Look me up or say ya wanna learn to sail Ya got my screen name Sissy Pants id be happy to show any one of you Young Ladies here the Ocean floor But Yeah and whatever excuse ya need to to run and hide from what I said in here Just remember You should have stood up did something Anything other then what you did Only reason someone would get this upset about what i said would be why Unresolved Ass Beatin Issues or worse you were not even Brave enough to get your ass whipped You did Nothing but let it go down Well glad you can get some resolve by growing a pair in here this game Good For You Boy Lifes too Short to sit in front of this Box and put in the hours to take to level up I just wanted to delete my account and wipe My personal info off Bit Now This coul be the funnest game yet throw few words around and sees Who cries the loudest LOL

DeletedUser35120

Ok seriously, I thought you were new here and didn't know how the game works and etc.

But you're still whining like a baby and asking other players to come to other games and you'll show them how big are you there and what not. Fine then go play that game where you're own the place. Don't come here. If you can play here then play, if you can't, then don't. The more you whine the more of a bigger sore loser you become.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

Well I dont know
Who cries the loudest LOL

This post was GREAT!! I hope there are many more to come, because this is very entertaining.

moar_30.jpg