Dropping the flower bouquets

DeletedUser6752

So ... basically, they fixed everything about the bug except for the REAL bug?
Unless they actually DID intend for people to get screwed by inconsiderate players.
Originally - equip bouquet, queue duel, cancel duel, get SP. Done in 5 to 10 seconds.
Now - equip bouquet, wait 10 minutes. Hope nobody comes along in those 10 minutes and steals your bouquet. YAY, celebrate!

Where's the "fix" in that?

DeletedUser22685

It was always that way - If you're attacked by any other weapon whilst equipped with the bouquet, you will lose the bouquet. And that is why you shouldn't wander around with a bouquet offline.

I agree with Dis and Pank. It was also always true that you could initiate and cancel a bouquet duel and it would still count, but it's not anymore. "Fixing" that issue and leaving the other one has unnecessarily increased the risk of losing your bouquet. I always thought it was strange in the first place for an event to include the possibility of one player messing it up for another, but now it's even worse.

Pankreas PorFavor

It was always that way - If you're attacked by any other weapon whilst equipped with the bouquet, you will lose the bouquet. And that is why you shouldn't wander around with a bouquet offline.

"It was always that way" - this argument was ignored by Inno too many times.
Job KO = duel protection > It was always that way, but Inno fixed it.
NPC duel motivation = regular duel motivation > It was always that way, Inno fixed it.
Get dueled when you're holding a bouquet = lose a chance for a SP > It was always that way, Inno did NOT fix it. Because that would actually be welcomed by the whole player base?! :blink: :hmf:

DeletedUser35120

I just said that it has been that way for years and it's nothing new. Not interested to debate whether it's right or wrong, whether it should be changed or not. Doesn't bother me really if it stays the same way as it has been for years, or even if it changes.

Pankreas PorFavor

I just said that it has been that way for years and it's nothing new.

to summarize - we asked if something else was changed with this "bug fix", and you felt the urge to notify us that it was like that for years? ummm.. yeah, we know, that's why we asked if it was changed in the first place?!
valuable contribution to the conversation, Anny, almost as valuable as what I am doing right now :D ;) :laugh:
just kidding, of course, no hard feelings I hope?

DeletedUser

So ... basically, they fixed everything about the bug except for the REAL bug?
Unless they actually DID intend for people to get screwed by inconsiderate players.
Originally - equip bouquet, queue duel, cancel duel, get SP. Done in 5 to 10 seconds.
Now - equip bouquet, wait 10 minutes. Hope nobody comes along in those 10 minutes and steals your bouquet. YAY, celebrate!

Where's the "fix" in that?

If you equip the bouquet and start the duel, the other player needs to equip the bouquet and keep doing whatever he wants... NOBODY "can steal the bouquet". Since it needs to go over the 10 minutes of the duel... only if you know some way to complete duels in less than 10 minutes... (Duellers can make the duels without any travel time, if they are on the same region than the friend... if not, everyone needs to travel to meet the other and start the duel.)
When it was equip-declare-cancel there where too many players messing around to get experience for free, penalizing other players. And without any chance of been caught.

The main change is that the duel protection is lost if you start a duel with the bouquet... losing 12 energy and getting the need to get another ko to reactivate the 72h protection. With the old system, the protection would stay in place.

Pankreas PorFavor

If you equip the bouquet and start the duel, the other player needs to equip the bouquet and keep doing whatever he wants... NOBODY "can steal the bouquet".

Explain that to Snr Sarg:

I can confirm that if attacked by any other weapon whilst equipped with the bouquet, you will lose the bouquet.

Yes, now it takes more time, both players being online etc. to mitigate the risk of losing a bouquet. Generally, I am in favor of making things harder and more challenging, but I am against it being implemented like this - when the chance for someone to ruin your chance to get a skill point is increased.

DeletedUser35120

It's been known to happen that people would see someone wear a bouquet, duel them with a normal weapon, get an easy win and in the process destroy the other player's bouquet and a chance to get a HP.

to summarize - we asked if something else was changed with this "bug fix", and you felt the urge to notify us that it was like that for years? ummm.. yeah, we know, that's why we asked if it was changed in the first place?!
valuable contribution to the conversation, Anny, almost as valuable as what I am doing right now :D ;) :laugh:
just kidding, of course, no hard feelings I hope?

To summarize - I just said the same thing as you did before I posted my first comment in this thread to confirm what you posted your reply as to Dissapoint's post. Show me where Dissapoint asked "if something something else was changed with this bug fix" acc. to you in his first post. Here's his first post:

I'm guessing, though, that you can still get dueled by someone without a bouquet and lose yours, as well as the chance to get that SP from it?

And you felt the urge to start up a so called forum fight with someone who's not even interested? Umm.. yeah, we know, you're bored. Good try though.

Interesting how a simple post of mine can hurt someone where the sun doesn't shine. Just kidding, of course :D No hard feelings I hope?

Pankreas PorFavor

I'll admit to this - for someone not interested, you did some beautiful selective quoting and pulling stuff out of their context. But hey, this is the forum, it was always that way :D

Show me where Dissapoint asked "if something something else was changed with this bug fix" acc. to you in his first post.

You're kidding, right? At the time we already knew you now need to walk to the same location and spend 12 energy on a flower duel, and he asks "you can still get dueled by someone without a bouquet and lose yours, as well as the chance to get that SP from it?"
And you don't see in this sentence a question if this thing (to which I referred as "something else" (except travel and energy) to keep it short) changed too? It was that hard to understand? I apologize, I'll try to be more specific next time. Or maybe it's the fact he asked if it stayed the same, he didn't ask if it changed? Yeah, that makes a difference :D

Last edited:

Snr Sarg

Explain that to Snr Sarg:

Appreciate the concern PPF but I was the aggressor, not the one losing a bouquet.

And before anyone send me to prison for this heinous crime, I just clicked duel on the duel tab, nearest player, didn't check their equipment, didn't realise until I got the 'duel' report, which I think cost me 12 energy for nothing, no money, no XP, no damage, just the lost bouquet for the defender.

Pankreas PorFavor

Appreciate the concern PPF but I was the aggressor, not the one losing a bouquet.

It doesn't matter which side you were on, the point is - it can be done.
Sure, the odds increase significantly if you are just wandering around offline with flowers in your hand, but even then - maybe Inno should have handled it differently (if they really want the flower duels to work like regular duels).