International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser37822

So it is a definitive no on the build reset for this tournament?
that is quite of a bummer for many (me included) since I would like to represent my country with a Full-HP advent, although my char is currently a pure trader - and I have no plans to change that until after the christmas event :(
and quite a huge no on spending nuggs and/or money for this...

WanderingStranger

If someone needs a reward as incentive to enter an event like this, they don't understand what an enormous opportunity they're missing out on. This tournament will be the absolute pinnacle of fort fighting in the modern era, if not the game's entire existence.

I feel the exact same way. It was almost enough to pull me out of retirement. I am excited for it and I am not even planning to participate.

DeletedUser29831

Just to clarify, I don't have to reskill right now, but if I get chosen, I can reskill before the magic copy macine thingy does it tricks?

neel shah

I will be away from 6th - 12th November.

So what if I get selected, but confirm my entry a bit late, like on 12th, am I still in or do you get another FF'er in place of me ?

DeletedUser37029

Can we spectate, or watch replays of the battles we're not part of, or if we don't get picked?

DeletedUser35455

Can we spectate, or watch replays of the battles we're not part of, or if we don't get picked?

If you want to watch me in action, I'll personally send you the video. I'll annihilate every opponent with my shirt off, just so you can see the my ripped body in action. :shootout:

DeletedUser35241

If you want to watch me in action, I'll personally send you the video. I'll annihilate every opponent with my shirt off, just so you can see the my ripped body in action. :shootout:

Oh please, stop being a quack. The chicks dig money more than muscles...

DeletedUser

Chao you have been in retirement for two years, I am afraid proof will be needed that you are still ripped.

djogani

Fort Battles may still take place in normal servers but I don't know about the numbers, It's great to finally see an event like this !

My oppinion is that FF is going to die after all active players go to that "world cup", unless INNO do something about us mortals who will not participate.

DeletedUser33353

My oppinion is that FF is going to die after all active players go to that "world cup", unless INNO do something about us mortals who will not participate.

Not following your logic here dj....how is ff going to die?
The so called World Cup is just an event.......One that all are able to attend.

foscock

Banned
Not following your logic here dj....how is ff going to die?
The so called World Cup is just an event.......One that all are able to attend.

Indeed. There are not that many battles on the event world, and since many of the alliance leaders from all worlds will be there, it wouldn't take much to coordinate battle times on the normal worlds so they don't interfere with each other.

DeletedUser26820

Just to clarify, I don't have to reskill right now, but if I get chosen, I can reskill before the magic copy macine thingy does it tricks?

That's exactly my plan, TR... wait to be chosen before reskilling.

Recruitment runs until Nov 9th, upon which, I'm assuming, the 150-toon ENIT will be selected, upon which the 150 team members will be notified, upon which we have time to reskill and notify the GM Team which (30) gear items we want copied over, upon which we're copied over to the event world, with action beginning Nov 25th.

The more I think about it, with all of us being 0 level crafters and having no recipes and whatnot, this IS going to be more about what we do outside of and between FF's that will contribute to our FF success.
The coordination, consolidation and cooperation.

A skilled and well equipped dueling posse.... If we start off with zero buffs, the "other" teams start off with zero buffs. If we start a FF and every member on "their" team is at half hp because of our dueling posse, that's halfway to a win at that FF before it even starts.

A small, concentrated handful, say (5), clearly designated teammates in each crafting guild to catch their guild's recipes and explode on leveling up those (20) teammates as crafters. Quick consolidation and most efficient use of the recipes the entire team finds.

If not on the ENIT Dueling Posse, then part of one of the guild's farming team. Can easily have (25) teammates farming for each guild.

Obviously, FF buffs will be a premium, but so will health, energy and dueling buffs.

But, if in one week, we've filled a FF at full hp because we have health buffs, and are equipped with bayo's or modern armor or hush puppies or whatever, and our ENIT Dueling Posse is running around with sharpies or stones on EVERY duel....

Well, that's going to be BIG in a FF challenge.

Dang it, dang it, dang it !!!!!

I forgot that DaTwista posted that there's already spies checking in on us here in this forum :mad:

They need to, and they should be afraid.... very afraid.

Which leads to:

If you're selected and you're skilled as a dueler, you'll want to bring your best dueling gear as it might be your best contribution to the ENIT winning this thing....

If you're selected and you're an advent, you'll want to bring your best farming gear for the same reason.

And remember you heard if from me first:

"Cinderella's slipper of First Place never fit on the foot of the runner up."
~ deiben

If it's ok with everyone else, I'm in it for the prizes... well, along with a lot of other reasons. Wyn Rider of FoD told me I'd get booted from FoD after about 4 years if I didn't participate....

That First Place Prize of "Master of Forts" for our ENIT already has my name on it..... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37822

Alright, modesty apart, huge and very smart thought/question here:
what if one reset his/her build (WITHOUT asignning the AP/SP on the original server aka everything, without bonus, will be at 0).
then the character gets copied over (with the 0 stats) BUT, and here is my question: will the unnasigned AP/SP be possible to assign in the Tournament server? 'cuz if so... that's a brilliant thought i would say (and saves a load of cash/nuggs).

Any idea on this? [I'ld assume that it would be a valid option, but better safe than sorry]

DeletedUser8627

Alright, modesty apart, huge and very smart thought/question here:
what if one reset his/her build (WITHOUT asignning the AP/SP on the original server aka everything, without bonus, will be at 0).
then the character gets copied over (with the 0 stats) BUT, and here is my question: will the unnasigned AP/SP be possible to assign in the Tournament server? 'cuz if so... that's a brilliant thought i would say (and saves a load of cash/nuggs).

Any idea on this? [I'ld assume that it would be a valid option, but better safe than sorry]

I'll give you a gold medal for this post.

Two birds with one stone here. Assigned SP/AP will be copied across which means one reskill can actually reskill two characters.

The downfall here is that you might have to wait a couple of days not skilled until your character is copied over. The migration process can be a lengthy one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if you signed up for this and want out, how do you remove your entry ?

DeletedUser26820

Hey, soulsick...

You will be forever a genius and my hero.

If it's possible, could a GM take a Potion of New Beginning from my donkey sack and put into soul's inventory?
I'm serious. I'm authorizing the GM Team to take a Potion of New Beginning out my inventory on Briscoe and put into the inventory of whatever world or inventory soul plays in.
We're standing in the presence of genius.... stop staring at me and just transfer the damn Potion.

Recruitment ends Nov 9th...
Take a Potion of New Beginning and clear yourself a day or so prior to that.

Wait for your toon to be copied over to the Event world...

Find your toon on the Event server then skill him for the event.
Find your toon on your permanent, Host server, skill him as you desire for future play.

DaTwisa --

Give soul a Potion of New Beginning for thinking of this.
Take it from my inventory if required.
It won't be a game changer, but he's come up with with something that gives the ENIT a head start.

Pure genius, soul.

DeletedUser

I was wondering...many of us won't be able to participate, so are there any means by which we can spectate? And I don't mean westforts replays, but livestreaming the matches or something like that? Maybe someone can set up a twitch channel like Jaro said.

rohith4444

Hello all
I have been slacking from a long time in The West , but checking forums here and then ;)
is there still any entry spots available for this event ? :)