International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser36559

So this means that will be almost no fort battles on servers during this event? I can finally reskill to trader :D

Fort Battles may still take place in normal servers but I don't know about the numbers, It's great to finally see an event like this !

DeletedUser26820

I think some confusion is being created by saying that each participant will be copied over to the event world with (3) sets, when after carefully reading one of DaTwista's posts, it references that each participant will be able to transfer over (3) headgear, (3) neckbands, (3) riding animals.... (3) of each of the (10) gear slots.

Won't have to be a set. Just (3) of each is what we can take with us, at a maximum, as a participant. A total of (30) pieces of gear with no more than (3) from each product slot. Can this be confirmed as I understand it??

Which leads to the question, can I transfer over a 1000 bond letter as one of the (3) product slot items? I doubt I will, but just curious....

In reading the prizes for First Place, Second Place and Third Place, and assuming that everyone that's posting here and can read this forum will be part of the "EN International Team" or whatever we'll be called, if selected to participate....

Each participant of the First Place team will get the first place prize, and so on?

If all this the case, we have some strategizing to do, EN International Team....

I don't want to put the cart before the horse as none of us have been selected to participate yet, but once we see the "Team Roster" around Nov 9th, let's give this consideration....

For example, if I'm selected, I'll take best FF gear and best regen gear, but do I take my best farming gear as an advent for the EN Team if we can get a few duelers to take their best dueling gear to keep me farming for team buffs?

You keep the other teams off my back while we're not in a FF so I can farm..... I get bayos or whatnot on market....

I'm putting the cart before the horse.... Ain't even on the team yet :(

But Cinderella's slipper of First Place never fit on the foot of the Runner Up.

I'm seeing that this is being set up as a max cooperation event...

Who can farm the most efficient contributing to the team that has the best buffs?
Of course, there will be a plethora of other variables, just like in any Fort Fight, but the way I'm reading this, the 150-member team that's well skilled and works together the most efficient as a 150-member team has a good chance of winning a prize for all 150 members of the team.

fos: Will be good to know my $200k bounty will stay there, if I'm selected to participate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

deiben has the idea here, nice show!

The only way we are going to be successful in this event is if we work as a team. If we have players participating in specific roles, such as farming product for crafting - the market is there to be used and you should be supplying your team with crafted buffs.
Duelling is permitted, and it would be a good idea that our good duelers bring along their duelling set. We can remove some HP from some players before each battle.

At the end this is not about whose the best fort fighters, it boils down to tactics and co-operation. We won't only choose the best fort fighters but also players that duel regularly, that can farm products properly, crafters (Eventhough they need to gain all recipes again. The aim of the game is to outsmart the other teams.

Your text regarding the item transfer is correct. However, anything that can be used will not be able to transfer and the bond letter falls within this category.

There are a lot of tactics I've already come up with but won't be sharing to the public since I know some of the other CMs are visiting this thread and reading feedback (Yes BAR, I can see you reading this). But remember, you lose the copied character in the end so whatever you want duplicated across will be lost while it will remain on your original character. If you have an free slot for a weapon someone else can use for upgrading, bring it - it'll help another player in our team.

Prizes I believe will be handed out to everyone in the winning teams.

DeletedUser35120

I've been reading through this thread and most of my questions has been answered. But when I saw the following..

At the end this is not about whose the best fort fighters, it boils down to tactics and co-operation. We won't only choose the best fort fighters but also players that duel regularly, that can farm products properly, crafters (Even though they need to gain all recipes again)

I wonder, will our crafting level not be copied over? Will that be reset to 1 and and will we have to start over from scratch again when it comes to crafting?

DeletedUser8627

I've been reading through this thread and most of my questions has been answered. But when I saw the following..

I wonder, will our crafting level not be copied over? Will that be reset to 1 and and will we have to start over from scratch again when it comes to crafting?

Crafting level does not copy over - all players will start at 0 again.

Just a quick bit of more information - you will be able to choose your profession again on the event world. Your profession also won't copy over.

Sorry but I only received this information earlier today and haven't had time to share it yet.

DeletedUser34408

Reading through Fort chat yesterday on Arizona, it seems many players are reluctant to enter because of what they feel is a bad or non-incentive prize pool (I entered regardless).

DeletedUser35120

Crafting level does not copy over - all players will start at 0 again.

Just a quick bit of more information - you will be able to choose your profession again on the event world. Your profession also won't copy over.

Sorry but I only received this information earlier today and haven't had time to share it yet.

Hmm, okay. I guess we all need to look for one very active person for every craft. So total 4 highly active persons, who would craft the buffs for us. And we all will have to supply materials to them so they can reach the craft levels of crafting westerners, hushpuppies, bayonets, veg. dumplings, etc.

Reading through Fort chat yesterday on Arizona, it seems many players are reluctant to enter because of what they feel is a bad or non-incentive prize pool (I entered regardless).

I agree on that bit somewhat, but I guess this competition is more about fun and bragging rights.. :)

DeletedUser20054

Well, if we win, they will be giving away 150X100 = 15000 nugs, plus can you put a price on kicking the enemies bottoms? :D

Edit: Too many misspells

DeletedUser

It makes zero sense to me that duelling will be allowed in the battle server, but I'll roll with it, of course.

But why is it allowed, though?

DeletedUser

Look on the bright side Ugly Duckling, duelling can be used tactically to put a dent in the other team's HP before battle. As health buffs will be a precious commodity this could severely hurt the other team.

DeletedUser33353

Look on the bright side Ugly Duckling, duelling can be used tactically to put a dent in the other team's HP before battle. As health buffs will be a precious commodity this could severely hurt the other team.

Very true, this is like old school forting. I am sure y'all remember those glory days. Just pack a duel set in your kit on the new world, and have some fun dueling them.

DeletedUser22685

If someone needs a reward as incentive to enter an event like this, they don't understand what an enormous opportunity they're missing out on. This tournament will be the absolute pinnacle of fort fighting in the modern era, if not the game's entire existence.

As if it isn't enough of a reward to be able to participate in a large fort battle that is not only full, but full of onliners. It's been years since most players can say they've done that, and that's the least extraordinary part of this whole thing. It's a one time chance to fight alongside, talk with and learn from the very best fighters on our server, many of whom you'd never have a reason to interact with otherwise beyond cursing when they crit you. It's a chance to challenge yourself, learn and improve by taking on the game's elite.

A group of players who feel like the rewards aren't worth their time are missing the point IMO. Personally, you could take away the rewards altogether and add an entry fee and it'd still be the most exciting thing that's happened to the game in ages. Clearly many others feel the same way or there wouldn't be hundreds of players registered already, so I'm fairly confident any complaints about prizes will fall on deaf ears. I only wish this had happened when I was still active and the suggestion first arose, but kudos to the CM who has taken the initiative to organise it. I hope it meets its potential.

DeletedUser37822

If someone needs a reward as incentive to enter an event like this, they don't understand what an enormous opportunity they're missing out on. This tournament will be the absolute pinnacle of fort fighting in the modern era, if not the game's entire existence.

As if it isn't enough of a reward to be able to participate in a large fort battle that is not only full, but full of onliners. It's been years since most players can say they've done that, and that's the least extraordinary thing about this whole thing. It's a one time chance to fight alongside, talk with and learn from the very best fighters on our server, many of whom you'd never have a reason to interact with beyond cursing when they crit you. It's a chance to challenge yourself, learn and improve by taking on the game's elite.

A group of players who feel like the rewards aren't worth their time are missing the point IMO. Personally, you could take away the rewards altogether and add an entry fee and it'd still be the most exciting thing that's happened to the game in ages. Clearly many others feel the same way or there wouldn't be hundreds of players registered already, so I'm fairly confident any complaints about prizes will fall on deaf ears. I only wish this had happened when I was still active and the suggestion first arose, but kudos to the CM who has taken the initiative to organise it. I hope it meets its potential.

I've had chills reading this. spot on :D

DeletedUser8627

Excellent post futu - really enjoyed reading that!

Now while I have you here, where do we stand on that town profile image you promised? It was said you will be able to draw up a town profile image (220 x 150) which will include all the faces of the 150 participants. :p

DeletedUser36559

Prizes don't matter (to me anyway) even if there were no prizes I would still take part just for the enjoyment of it. This is probably the best thing that will happen on this game after a long while so better to take part rather than regret it later.

On another note, do we get 15 nuggets every 5 days or that only happens on normal worlds? I say this because I'm sure many players who wish to participate are non-prem and they might not be able to activate character bonus without nuggets.

DeletedUser22685

Excellent post futu - really enjoyed reading that!

Now while I have you here, where do we stand on that town profile image you promised? It was said you will be able to draw up a town profile image (220 x 150) which will include all the faces of the 150 participants. :p

My fees are normally pretty hefty for single portraits. I think it would take a whole tombola to fund 150 of them :p

DeletedUser8627

My fees are normally pretty hefty for single portraits. I think it would take a whole tombola to fund 150 of them :p

Rumor has it, you were seen in the 'count to 10000' thread earlier - doing them a favor.

This one is much easier since you need only count to 150.

But jokes aside, the heritage of the EN server is at stake and to truely portray our team - it can only be done at your hands. Of course the brown tie should make an appearance...

@Micky: the answer is yes, it's still a normal world we're going to. Same options available.

Pankreas PorFavor

dear CMs,
help me choose from which world to apply - I want to use my Arizona character because it's level 150, has most AP/SP compared to my characters in other worlds, and also has the best gear.
BUT - it's not skilled for fort battles. I want to reskill for this event, and I want to keep my current AZ character as-is. I don't want to be dismissed because hundreds of players have applied already, and my application with a pure trader will not be considered.
and if I do get selected with this character - how do I reskill? will my bank account be transferred too and I can pay to the shaman? will I be required to reskill in AZ? will we be given a free potion in the new world? will we have to buy it there in the UPB shop? or will I be able to bring a potion with me from AZ?
sorry if I make this more complicated than it has to be :)
thanks!

DeletedUser8627

dear CMs,
help me choose from which world to apply - I want to use my Arizona character because it's level 150, has most AP/SP compared to my characters in other worlds, and also has the best gear.
BUT - it's not skilled for fort battles. I want to reskill for this event, and I want to keep my current AZ character as-is. I don't want to be dismissed because hundreds of players have applied already, and my application with a pure trader will not be considered.
and if I do get selected with this character - how do I reskill? will my bank account be transferred too and I can pay to the shaman? will I be required to reskill in AZ? will we be given a free potion in the new world? will we have to buy it there in the UPB shop? or will I be able to bring a potion with me from AZ?
sorry if I make this more complicated than it has to be :)
thanks!

It appears you have some life changing alterations to go through. Quite honestly, there is no easy way to sort this out. But you have two options:

1. Reskill now: You have funds, perhaps bonds, in-game cash, maybe nuggets to sort this out but seems a little bit of a hassle for you since you will need to reskill back after your character has been duplicated.

2. Reskill after the copy: This at least leaves your original character the way it is now. But you will not have any dollars in the new world until you do jobs and gather some - bonds neither. Alternately using the UPS to get a potion would be ideal.

In your application you can indicate to us what your plan is with the character. We will not penalize you because you prefer waiting until you are in the new world to sort your character out.