Regarding Keno

Nisa

So is the event inter-world? i.e The prizes are chosen from all the entries in every world?
Did not expect that.
That brings a question tho.
The Keno 2 is limited to one entry per player. So that means if one enters from say w16, he/she cannot enter from w19?

It will be changed in Week # 2 and there is no limit on entries.

Can be either way. There are two options, one.. which you said, and two.. make better prizes available for 1st and 2nd place. Not Shop Items. Please. In fact shop items shouldn't even be in a lotto imo. Lotto is where you pay little and win big. This is like pay little and get equal amount of stuff. Why would anyone play the lotto anyway then?

10 donkeys in Keno 2 cracks me up, The lotto which we used to have years ago was wayyyy better.

Again , we are limited with items we can give away . We said we keep some surprises for later weeks, you don't see the best offer in Week 1 .

Pay little and win big ?

we have prizes 1 and 2. that can't be won easily and prize pool is getting bigger. In Week 4 you have option to pay $15000 and win all nr1 rewards from previous weeks. If that is not pay little win big then nobody will ever be pleased.

Care to explain how was Lotto way better 2 years ago? Keep in mind once again there are players out there that dont have all items yet , nor achievements etc and some actually enjoy if they win something and have fun.

2 years ago someone would kill for Natty's rifle while today precise single shot rifle lvl 4 is so close yet so far for many players with lower bank account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

I don't want to sound too impatient (although I am, very much so :D) - but when will the prizes be handed out? I have materials in stock, I'd like to start making honey wine...

Prizes will be handed out very soon. Stay tuned!

On another note, for those of you posting in this thread, please remember that whilst the GM event team are more than happy to receive constructive criticism about this event, the way it is run and the value of the prizes, please be aware that they are not going to be able to accommodate the wishes of each player that demands or expresses a desire for a particular change. Running an event such as this requires a lot more hard work and planning than the vast majority of players will be able to comprehend, and as such what may seem to you to be a small change can in fact be a rather large alteration which requires some hefty work on the side of the GM event team. Please, offer suggestions and feedback, but be aware that "whining" and/or "demanding" posts are not going to be considered. Otherwise, make the most of this event and enjoy it while it is around!

DeletedUser26820

Can it be shared/divulged how many entries there were in each Keno category?

For example, in DaTwista's announcement of the winning numbers, it be shared, "For Keno 1, we had xxxxx entries and for Keno 2 we had xxxxx entries."

Just curious but can understand why it wouldn't be.
The number of entries has no bearing whatsoever on the Top 3 prizes of Keno 1, but does have a bearing and impact on the "odds to win" on the 4-10 prizes of Keno 1 and all of Keno 2.

If there's a concern that an after the fact sharing of the number of entries in each category might discourage participation in the next or future ones, such as a toon thinking, "I just shelled out $10k for a drawing and there were 1M entries, odds aren't so good so I'm going to keep my cash and not participate the following week", I can understand that concern by the GM Team.

On the other hand, as Nisa stated above that entries will unlimited beginning Week #2, you might see some participants submitting multiple entries to increase their odds in the random drawings, thereby offsetting the decrease of participants but still maintaining a somewhat level total number of entries.

Again, I'm just curious what the GM Team thinks about it.

Congrats to the winners.....

Wait.... I'm one of them ;)

DeletedUser35120

First of all, I don't understand why mods get so riled up when I'm wanting to discuss something. Clearly understand it's a discussion thread, where we can discuss about the event. All I said was the first prize should be the best prize and the 2nd, 3rd and remaining of the prizes should not be better than the 1st prize. It's just the most approved logic of the world which you're denying. Still it's upto you what you bring as prizes, and it's up to me whether I play or not. Simple as that, right? It doesn't matter whether you accept or reject my suggestions, but don't mark these posts as whining/demanding posts. That shows the lack of patience and inability to accept suggestions or accept criticism.

Again , we are limited with items we can give away . We said we keep some surprises for later weeks, you don't see the best offer in Week 1 .

I know week 1 and 2 are on a trial run.. but just saying.

Didn't I already say that?

Pay little and win big ?

we have prizes 1 and 2. that can't be won easily and prize pool is getting bigger. In Week 4 you have option to pay $15000 and win all nr1 rewards from previous weeks. If that is not pay little win big then nobody will ever be pleased.

I don't know why you keep saying that in Week 4 we get the first prizes all the time. Does that mean the whole event is set up this way that no one wins in the first prize in week 1, 2, or 3.. no matter how hard you try? And what happens when you win the first prize before week 4? Then your whole logic there is just shattered into pieces?

Care to explain how was Lotto way better 2 years ago? Keep in mind once again there are players out there that dont have all items yet , nor achievements etc and some actually enjoy if they win something and have fun.

I'll use your logic here.. achievements, all items.. things like that, right? Well great then, go ahead and offer shiny stuffs, no one's complaining or upset about that. People would like that more instead of some shop stuff which is readily available.

10 Donkeys. Are you kidding me? That's worse than a consolation prize even.

How it was better 2 years? That above ^ ^ ^ says how it was better.

2 years ago someone would kill for Natty's rifle while today precise single shot rifle lvl 4 is so close yet so far for many players with lower bank account.

Suuuure, I would kill for a Natty Rifle 2 years back. I may also kill for today's precise single shot rifle level 4 even.. (Although no one takes the game that seriously anymore). But a precise single shot rifle level 4. That's not what you're offering anywhere, you're offering 3 precise single shot rifles. Now again, you'll repeat your broken record of "hey you can win everything in week 4". I'll consider your best scenario that you offer precise single shot rifles every week, which you haven't anyways. But still if that had happened, it would have summed up to 12 Precise Single shot rifles which do no good either. It's no where close to a level 4 Precise single shot rifle. If you had offered Precise Single shot rifle level 3 instead of Precise Single Rifle x 3, it would have been close to a natty rifle one would say.

That being said, I was hoping mods are here to listen with patience and think about the suggestions instead of just bashing out at people who are offering suggestions and declining the suggestions right away. I/We are not here to destroy your/our fun event. Just trying to offer suggestions which would make it a bit more attractive so people don't lose enthusiasm after a few weeks.

I'll play as long as its attractive. I'm actually glad I won the 8th prize instead of the 1st or 2nd prize. Thank you for that. I don't deny the fact that you guys are trying, it's good that your brought a GM event. I appreciate that. But anyways, I will not comment any further on this and not provide any suggestions either, since there's no point when you don't listen.

DeletedUser33353

I actually do listen...and everyone's points have merit. The feedback is useful for tweaking of this event. Thank you for the comments.

DeletedUser26820

Gotta understand troopers, this is a voluntary event.
No one is forced to participate.
Pay in or don't. Simple as that.
I've had to learn this not the hard way but with a few bumps and bruises.

Don't like the prizes or how they're structured, don't participate.
Want to take a chance, pay the $15k and/or $10k.
It's up to you whether or not you participate, not the GM Team hosting the event.

Anny --
I love and admire your spirit and enthusiasm, but this is somewhat like going to donate blood.
If you're going to walk in under your own power, lay down on the bed, accept that some blood is going to be drawn and that you'll feel a bit of pain, you're there under your own choosing and then at some point, the vampire drawing your blood is running the show. Let the blood be drawn or get up and walk out. Either way, the vampire is still drawing blood from others.
This might not be the best analogy, but it's Halloween.
But you are one spirited toon... don't ever let anyone take that away from you.

Otherwise, don't walk into the blood bank....

And no, Kidd.... you don't listen....
I told you to use a 6-iron on Hole 13 at Sunny Pine Meadows and you went with an 8 and banana sliced it right thru the window of a house. I took off with the golf cart... You still there writing a check for the damages?

Nisa

Suuuure, I would kill for a Natty Rifle 2 years back. I may also kill for today's precise single shot rifle level 4 even.. (Although no one takes the game that seriously anymore). But a precise single shot rifle level 4. That's not what you're offering anywhere, you're offering 3 precise single shot rifles. Now again, you'll repeat your broken record of "hey you can win everything in week 4".

Since prize 1 and 2 are harder to get and prize pool will get bigger, so one lucky player ( or more ) will get nice bundle of Precise shot rifles + other prizes in the end of week 4 , unless someone gets it sooner.

It was in my first reply to you about prizes and I didnt think I would have to repeat it every time , just to not sound like a broken record, thought once was enough when we are following the conversation.

It's very simple. It is harder to win 5 correct numbers out of 20 than 3.

Thanks for explanation about Lotto 2 years ago. It was better cause rewards offered were new and players didnt have them yet. Unfortunately I can't make up new items and offer something certain amout of players dont have already. 2 years ago we did'nt have upgrading feature and donkey achievement. Believe it or not someone will like that reward. Seriously or not this is a game.

Now why would you say we don't listen? As per your suggestion I will move recipe reward to Reward nr 1 then we can talk again after we see players feedback.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8627

I am intrigued - so much passion in this thread lately :)

Thank you everyone who posted here, feedback is most welcome and it will allow us to created a lotto system that you would enjoy participating in. As I've mentioned in my announcement, the first two weeks are going to be trial runs so we can better understand the community - their demands and what we can offer versus how many players participate and how many entries we receive.

The prizes on offer in the first two weeks are lacking in value and purposely done so. It has been quite some time since we did run a lotto system on this language server and we need to check the stats once again. Speaking of stats, we will also be providing some periodically as requested but understand that the inner mechanics and how we manage the lotto is not publically known - again purposely done so. We will of course provide what we can.

Alterations to our existing structure will be done in the next few weeks to tweak the system so it is both beneficial to you and us. And then we will tweak it again and again so it continues to thrive among the masses!

Some further alterations that will be done soon will include things like the prize pool, incentives for entering, price changes and perhaps discounts, and maybe even another lotto - each lotto created to suit all types of players in the game. But please be patient, all these things are under discussion and we need to test everything before we go live. The GM team is working hard to make this as valuable for you as possible.

Stay tuned!

DeletedUser36979

... 2 years ago we did'nt have upgrading feature and donkey achievement. Believe it or not someone will like that reward...

I think that people going for the donkey achievements will just buy the donkeys in town, for $125 each, instead of putting in a nummer in the keno with a chance to win 10 for 10k.

Buy them: 80 for 10k
Win them: 10 for 10K

Fails on both prized and availability :no:

DeletedUser35101

Positive criticism, suggestion and comments are always good when something new is brought into game.. even if it just some silly lotto mods organize for us. Some should really think about what GM team has to do in running event like this before giving nothing but negative feedback..

GM team made few changes on how this will run.. how we submit tickets, making just one for both Keno, with multiple entries.. While they chose to have it easier for players, they also brought up much more work on themselves! Everyone should also keep in mind that GM team are also RL people, who also have RL things to handle.. that they are people who also have jobs, family and many other things to deal with, everyday.. AND not that moderating things for game is only thing they do in life.

Just try to imagine how all those tickets have to be sorted!! How much work is needed for that! GMs could of made it much more easier for themselves.. like only 1 ticket for Keno1 and Keno2 (separate tickets) with no multiple entries and with no few lines of numbers one can give.. but they haven't!! Appreciate at least that before you even think about sending out complaint of any sort..
It is GM team good will to run this to give us players something.. and definitely not something they needed to do..

I'm very much happy that we have this back.. and this time there are much more prizes that can be won. I for one like this lottery more than old one hahah and see it as GMs doing max on how many prizes they will give out, how many people will win "something".. really huge pool of prizes.

Great part is to make new "hard to find" recipe as no3 spot win.. to guess 3 out of 5 winning numbers has higher chance than to win 5 out of 5 winning numbers (out of 20 in total) and means more people actually do have chance on winning it in other words someone will almost always win that recipe, shall we do stats for all of it hahha)!!! Which leads to more 9k recipes will be out on worlds (up on market or for trades).. pls Nisa, don't change this part!!!

Prizes... anyone that wants to complain about prizes should think twice and for start keep in mind IT IS LOTTERY... IF you want to take part in it, you pay to HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN SOMETHING!
Nothing more, there is no sure win on any prize.. if it was sure win, one could just send ticked to mods saying "i want this item" and no lottery of any sort needed for that.. hm...

Don't like chance to win 10 donkey.. don't enter that week! Why even look at prizes and go with one you don't like and complain about that one?! Some other person can have in inv all other offered prizes, but only thing they will want is something 99 % of others will call crap prize...
Even those 10 donkeys one wins.. later can be either sold to merchant, upgraded (those that haven't done this part in achievements) or given to friend for lower price and he/she can upgrade them or do whatever with them..

Would you rather pay 10 of 15 k and win nothing?! Pay and win nothing VS. pay and win something... :hmf:
For start ask yourself question.. do you want A chance to win SOMETHING?! hahha

Must say.. after all this i would be amazed if GM team ever again runs an event like this!

But also :up: for doing it!! Thanks! :)

DeletedUser36026

Great part is to make new "hard to find" recipe as no3 spot win.. to guess 3 out of 5 winning numbers has higher chance than to win 5 out of 5 winning numbers (out of 20 in total) and means more people actually do have chance on winning it in other words someone will almost always win that recipe, shall we do stats for all of it hahha)!!! Which leads to more 9k recipes will be out on worlds (up on market or for trades).. pls Nisa, don't change this part!!!

I agree with Lucky Cro on this. I was thrilled when I saw one of the new recipes was available as a prize in the 3rd slot. Been farming those higher luck jobs with out any luck.
Nevertheless, I am happy to see this event and look forward to participating in it.

DeletedUser33353

I think that people going for the donkey achievements will just buy the donkeys in town, for $125 each, instead of putting in a nummer in the keno with a chance to win 10 for 10k.

Buy them: 80 for 10k
Win them: 10 for 10K

Fails on both prized and availability :no:

As all prizes will be shifted each event..perhaps do not enter for that one with all of the donkey's?

An easy thing to do imo.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep commenting.

DeletedUser36979

As all prizes will be shifted each event..perhaps do not enter for that one with all of the donkey's?

An easy thing to do imo.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep commenting.

Don't worry, I won't enter. I wouldn't enter any kind of competition or luck of the draw where the prize is widely available and cheaper than coupon-price. I would just buy the thing.
Would you enter a luck of the draw where the coupon-price is 8 times the prize-value, and the prize available in every store?

Prizes in a luck of the draw like this should either be worth more than the coupon prize, or have a low availability, preferably both for main prizes.

Nothing wrong with the effort from the GM-team here, it is nice with a bit of activity. Keep up the good work, and maybe check value and availability of future prizes, and this keno might last longer than a few months.

DeletedUser36559

Yes the items could be better but it's our choice whether we want to enter each week and if we don't like the prizes for one week we can always roll on to the next one.

Nisa

Thanks for your words Lucky Cro and xalita42, happy to be at service as long as players are having fun. I'm afraid it's little too late now to keep that recipe on 3rd place but let's see what happens. I tried to offer something good and easier to win .

I think we found out the use of magnifying glass.

@Anzian
I am not sure I can take your posts as constructive criticism as you did not enter the week without donkeys either so I take it you dislike the Keno in general , with donkeys as a prize or without and you surely spending alot of time on something you don't like.

@deiben
I believe DT answered that, it's a info for devs so I can't comment on that.

DeletedUser36979

@Anzian
I am not sure I can take your posts as constructive criticism as you did not enter the week without donkeys either so I take it you dislike the Keno in general , with donkeys as a prize or without and you surely spending alot of time on something you don't like.

Ohhh, so because I don't use my money on this, my cristism can't be constructive? :huh: And where did I express that I don't like Keno? :( And where did it say the I'd have to enter to be considered constructive? :blink:

And now that you have divulged information about me, please divulge the numbers Deiben have been asking for. Or do you only divulge information about single persons? :eek:

Nisa

Ohhh, so because I don't use my money on this, my cristism can't be constructive? :huh: And where did I express that I don't like Keno? :( And where did it say the I'd have to enter to be considered constructive? :blink:

And now that you have divulged information about me, please divulge the numbers Deiben have been asking for. Or do you only divulge information about single persons? :eek:

You dont play and don't use your money but you will say what is 'better' in your opinion for other players money ? Players that are playing the Keno can speak for themselves and say what they would like changed ( or not ), dont you think?

DeletedUser33797

To be honest i really don`t get it.
It`s a GAME.
A game should bring fun.If can no longer find the fun in it then quit
Nobody is forcing you to get in this type of game.In RL is anyone telling you to play the Lotto?No.
So you are either in or out.It`s is a simple as that.You don`t like the prizes ?. Don`t enter.You don`t like the entering fee?. Don`t enter
Nobody will point a gun at your head :)
Just try and have fun with what they have to offer cause there is not much left in this game anyway.
Is this thing looking like 80 years old grandpa`s around a table playing for crackers game?
Maybe but as long as 80 years old John is enjoying it why taking away his fun :)
This game need something to be kept alive and maybe this is one thing that will do it along with the other GM events.
Just check the rankings on your world to see how many player this game has.And the numbers are dropping every day.So every thing that will try to keep this game alive is welcome.
And yes i played the old lottery thing almost every week (i missed 2 or 3 i think) and i won once some minor price can`t remember right now (I am old and i do forget to take my memory pills sometimes ) but it was fun to wait to see if you are the lucky one.
In other words if you like this ,play it ,if you don`t ,then find something else that suites your play style.
At least the GM are trying to keep this game alive ,something that the dev`s are not
Have FUN