Bring Back Migration of Servers

• Thread starter DeletedUser36192
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

in my opinion, migration/merging worlds is a quick and painful fix that doesn't solve anything in the long run.
with this approach worlds can merge over and over again until we have only one world left. for the last few years Inno is just milking their existing customers without any serious attempts to attract new players. to keep this game running, they need to restore balance between old players leaving and new players joining, or even better, have a surplus of new incoming players. if you have two worlds that are played by 70% of the same people, you're not doing anything positive by merging them together.

Those statistics would be taken into account if they were to ever consider merging worlds again. As for the rest of your post, if I had a dollar for every time I've mentioned that the lack of advertising is the only reason the game is less active now than it was in 2010 I'd be able to fund an ad campaign myself.

1Big Chief

As for my signature.. I was Born World 1 .. I will Die World 1 - - - Town Pic http://prntscr.com/84rpgs

I will now proceed to KILL ALL MY TOONS on ALL Worlds Except W1
From today.. I will NOT be spending a cent more on this game
If Anyone is looking for Sets I PAID Good $$$ for.. give me a shout or Tele on those worlds
But as for Inno.. they don't care if you spend $$$ on this game
They don't care if you gave them the answers to a better game..

This has been raised before and I still say no to this idea. A lot of people have said World 1 is dead and yet I can confirm that there are a lot of players in World 1 that are very active.
I took part in a FF last night and we had a whole load of people took part in the battle and we all had a good laugh in the chat beforehand.
I have invested a lot of time and effort into World 1 and both my character and my town. If W1 was merged and all my work was lost, then Inno would lose me forever and my money would go with me.
Sometimes worlds might seem 'dead', but a lot of the time this is only because either a lot of people are on holiday, there just isn't a lot going on in that world at that time, but it will pick up later, or there aren't that many active-players in that world - but even worlds that have very few active players will - at some point - begin to pull in new players. People are joining and leaving The West all the time. Not all of them will choose the same world.
My 2-cents? Leave the worlds alone and stop talking about merging them.
Correct ... World 1 is active... surviving other worlds .. 2-10 .. Ari.. Dak.. El-D ... will the rest too
Colorado is the Only world that has thrived better than the rest

You're kidding yourself if you think World 1 has been active at any time over the last four years. In fact, the only time you could argue in it's favour was in the period following the original migration, funnily enough. I'm not sure whether you played at all during the game's heyday, but almost all the worlds right now are barely shadows of what they were in the past. Merging worlds means lost town data, but you'll keep all the work you put into the character itself. Migration has happened before and it breathed new life into the game. The only place I can think of where it had a detrimental effect was World 12, and that came about as a result of the players who chose to migrate to that world rather than migration itself.

Your beloved World 1 would be an absolute ghost town right now if it wasn't for the arrival of several large alliances from worlds 7, 8, 9 and 10. Think about that.
Thats your opinion.. you left it... most stayed.. more arrived yes.. but just as active as the rest
Inno follows this path.. the game will DIE... where they should be creating new aspects to the game
Like better dueling challenges.. but all Inno has on its Brains in Nuggets & Fort Fighting
Maybe they finally have lost the plot.. and should rather save us $$$ & SHUT the West DOWN

in my opinion, migration/merging worlds is a quick and painful fix that doesn't solve anything in the long run.
with this approach worlds can merge over and over again until we have only one world left. for the last few years Inno is just milking their existing customers without any serious attempts to attract new players. to keep this game running, they need to restore balance between old players leaving and new players joining, or even better, have a surplus of new incoming players. if you have two worlds that are played by 70% of the same people, you're not doing anything positive by merging them together.
I will agree with you... no merging... and STOP opening new worlds.. just improve the Game

Those statistics would be taken into account if they were to ever consider merging worlds again. As for the rest of your post, if I had a dollar for every time I've mentioned that the lack of advertising is the only reason the game is less active now than it was in 2010 I'd be able to fund an ad campaign myself.
Advertise... that I CAN agree with... they faulted big time there.. there are cheap ways of doing it

Sorry... My Rant is over ..
Thanks to all you players out there... was great playing, Forting & Dueling you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Ranting..ranting..ranting..

Correct ... World 1 is active... surviving other worlds .. 2-10 .. Ari.. Dak.. El-D ... will the rest too
Colorado is the Only world that has thrived better than the rest

...ranting.. ranting.. ranting...

Don't compare Dakota or Colorado with any other world at least. Dakota is still pretty active and so is Colorado, maybe just a bit more. But when you start categorizing Dakota in the same category as Eldorado, it's just way too wrong and had to be spoken against. Idk which dead town or alliance you're in Big Chief, Dakota certainly isn't dead as Eldorado/Briscoe/w12. Geez.

DeletedUser22685

Thats your opinion.. you left it... most stayed.. more arrived yes.. but just as active as the rest

I'm not going to argue with you there. All but perhaps two worlds are almost as dead as some of the older worlds were when they were closed. My comments regarding inactivity were not directed at World 1 specifically, but were merely in response to claims that World 1 is currently active. No one who has seen a truly active world can take that claim seriously.

DeletedUser26820

I've played on Briscoe and Briscoe alone for 5 years as a premium, nugget gorging, event winning, toon.
I'm married to this one world. But if I were given the opportunity to divorce her, I'd consider it.

DeletedUser36559

Correct ... World 1 is active... surviving other worlds .. 2-10 .. Ari.. Dak.. El-D ... will the rest too Colorado is the Only world that has thrived better than the rest

Apart from Colorado and Dakota on that list all those other worlds are dead. Sure World 1 may seem active to you because you might be in a town or alliance with full of active players who are dedicated there but for the most part it's not as active as you think it is and as for for Arizona, Eldorado, W12 well they have been long dead for a while.

1Big Chief

Don't compare Dakota or Colorado with any other world at least. Dakota is still pretty active and so is Colorado, maybe just a bit more. But when you start categorizing Dakota in the same category as Eldorado, it's just way too wrong and had to be spoken against. Idk which dead town or alliance you're in Big Chief, Dakota certainly isn't dead as Eldorado/Briscoe/w12. Geez.
Yeah.. looking at those figures on page 1 .. I can agree with you on Colorado & Dakota
I just am more active on Colorado... as FF's are very good there.. though myself less active of late

As everyone has friends they like to communicate with.. mine are on W1
So should Inno close it.. thats it for me on the west.. likely for many others too

Reyne

Futu, they may not be at the levels they were in their heyday, but they are not dead. Inno should not have opened new worlds. They should have promoted the worlds they currently had, but they are not dead. AZ sure isn't. We have active battles (and please for goodness' sake, don't base activity on fort battles). Allowing migration out of a world would be a death knell for those who want them to continue.

I play on 4 worlds so I can have each character type; worker, adventurer, soldier, and dueler. If I was forced to delete toons I've spent nuggets on, I would insist that all the gear, achievements, quest completed data, experience etc, be given to the surviving toons.

DeletedUser35520

this does interest me because I've given thought of letting my El Dorado character go. But deleting 200k, golden colt and sabre, lots of bonds not to mention level 93 is hard to do.

well cash and items only go so far. On El Dorado, i am nearing 350 mil deposited in the bank lifetime, still have a ton of items to sell, and I think about stopping way more than i will admit. Its a bad world and that's what is scary about fairbanks, pretty sure its on the exact same path. You can point to a number of possible reasons: cost of playing going up, changes to the game, many of the players and spenders deciding not to start or continue for various reasons, not enough excitement and variation to justify it, etc etc but the atmosphere it creates becomes toxic and result is more players leaving. So those older worlds that need a shot of adrenaline, beg for a merge, because it will be worth it in the long run. Until then, I would like to see the server name of El Dorado changed to something a little more appropriate like "The Sum of all Turds"

DeletedUser

world 1 does not have to merge into Colorado only. It can merge anywhere. Then, the nugget munchers can buy up their skills in the first hour if they want. If you don't want us to quit, let us merge to new worlds.

DeletedUser36192

world 1 does not have to merge into Colorado only. It can merge anywhere. Then, the nugget munchers can buy up their skills in the first hour if they want. If you don't want us to quit, let us merge to new worlds.

I think it was just to keep the non-premium worlds separate from the non-prem, but i suppose that could be countered by allowing w1 to merge into any server of choice that way providing the allowance for non-prem to those who wish to maintain it.

DeletedUser

For sure allow w1 to migrate to colorado, but no reason to stop players from migrating to premium worlds too.

DeletedUser35089

They finally opened migration on world 1, problem is only options are world 11, 12, arizona, and briscoe. Now i have to wait another 3 years to migrate out of one of those to something hopefully decent. They could of at least gave dakota or colorado for an option :hmf: