Bring Back Migration of Servers

• Thread starter DeletedUser36192
  • Start date

DeletedUser36192

No one can say the worlds are as lively and fun as they used to be, so without posting an entire layout of Ideas and whatnot, i just wanted to see what people were thinking about closing down a few servers and allowing for player migration again.

Please just leave some thoughts about the idea, cause if we can get enough views i'll make a proper posting of this thread.

DeletedUser37168

Here are the numbers of level 10+ players on remaining servers (as of 5.8.2015.):

w1 1201 players
w11 1246 players
w12 1148 players
Arizona 1374 players
Brisco 1103 players
Colorado 1963 players
Dakota 1961 players
El Dorado 1879 players
Fairbank 3639 players

While I can´t know if it´s profitable for Inno to maintain so many worlds, I know that the low player base is a main reason why some of the players are getting bored and quit this game.

DeletedUser35120

I agree some worlds like w12 and eldorado are pretty much doomed at this moment, and there's hardly any major activity.. I reckon migration should be allowed of course. But then again, Inno will have a tough time "merging" these worlds (especially cause there were suggestions about closing down worlds above). It's for the fact that there are players playing both worlds. And maybe they are nugget buyers too, so merging them would mean the player has to sacrifice one of the toons and that in turn decreases the nugget purchase by those players, which affects Inno in a negative way. Inno will of course do what's more profitable for them.. but as a player as I said, migration should be allowed now.

DeletedUser36192

I agree some worlds like w12 and eldorado are pretty much doomed at this moment, and there's hardly any major activity.. I reckon migration should be allowed of course. But then again, Inno will have a tough time "merging" these worlds (especially cause there were suggestions about closing down worlds above). It's for the fact that there are players playing both worlds. And maybe they are nugget buyers too, so merging them would mean the player has to sacrifice one of the toons and that in turn decreases the nugget purchase by those players, which affects Inno in a negative way. Inno will of course do what's more profitable for them.. but as a player as I said, migration should be allowed now.

I for one can understand this because i have a toon in both 12 and el dorado but w12 died out and i quickly let it go. To be honest the more dead a world the less likely the nugget spending on the server will be anyways. Yes there can be increased spending on nuggets maybe during the events cause more worlds = more people fighting to win the #1 spot in the event, but if the spending is low on a dead server they aren't going to win that much more.

Idk Inno will end up doing whatever they want, but i for one would love to see migration occur to help bring back these dying servers.

DeletedUser

Agreed, INNO needs to do something to quell the flood of people giving up the game. Merging the servers sounds like a great way to infuse some vitality back into the game.

DeletedUser36192

Agreed, INNO needs to do something to quell the flood of people giving up the game. Merging the servers sounds like a great way to infuse some vitality back into the game.

It was done before but the issue i think that might arise is people not wanting to give up their old servers. Cause sometimes you'll have to choose which character to keep and which to give up which can be rough but overall i don't know what else they can do because we don't have enough active players on each server to keep them entertaining at the moment.

DeletedUser36559

There's hardly any activity in El Dorado atm, no duel challenges, one-sided FF's, hardly any saloon chats we need more active players to fill up worlds but that would mean deleting toons in order to merge and some players would like to keep their character in 'x' world.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if it would help or not as there are usually a bunch of restrictions ( for good reasons ) on worlds you can move to due to differences in premium level of the servers and newness of servers. So they are unlikely to let you move to world 1, Colorado, or Fairbank. Closing worlds is usually pretty unpopular as well.

I would like to see some sort of migration option before they open any more worlds though as it seems quite a few more players go idle after a new world opens and they seem to add a world about every year. Also, should probably close 1 world for every one they add at this point.

DeletedUser33353

Simple solution really. Merge w1 with Colorado....both are non premie worlds. Then merge a couple for the premie ones together. Of course, from a business standpoint, this may not fly for Inno. As always, just my opinion.

DeletedUser36192

Simple solution really. Merge w1 with Colorado....both are non premie worlds. Then merge a couple for the premie ones together. Of course, from a business standpoint, this may not fly for Inno. As always, just my opinion.

The merge of 1 & Colo is the only fair way to do that.
and yeah, inno may not like it but if enough people are concerned about it then maybe they'll listen.

DeletedUser

This has been raised before and I still say no to this idea. A lot of people have said World 1 is dead and yet I can confirm that there are a lot of players in World 1 that are very active.
I took part in a FF last night and we had a whole load of people took part in the battle and we all had a good laugh in the chat beforehand.
I have invested a lot of time and effort into World 1 and both my character and my town. If W1 was merged and all my work was lost, then Inno would lose me forever and my money would go with me.
Sometimes worlds might seem 'dead', but a lot of the time this is only because either a lot of people are on holiday, there just isn't a lot going on in that world at that time, but it will pick up later, or there aren't that many active-players in that world - but even worlds that have very few active players will - at some point - begin to pull in new players. People are joining and leaving The West all the time. Not all of them will choose the same world.
My 2-cents? Leave the worlds alone and stop talking about merging them.

DeletedUser22685

This has been raised before and I still say no to this idea. A lot of people have said World 1 is dead and yet I can confirm that there are a lot of players in World 1 that are very active.
I took part in a FF last night and we had a whole load of people took part in the battle and we all had a good laugh in the chat beforehand.
I have invested a lot of time and effort into World 1 and both my character and my town. If W1 was merged and all my work was lost, then Inno would lose me forever and my money would go with me.
Sometimes worlds might seem 'dead', but a lot of the time this is only because either a lot of people are on holiday, there just isn't a lot going on in that world at that time, but it will pick up later, or there aren't that many active-players in that world - but even worlds that have very few active players will - at some point - begin to pull in new players. People are joining and leaving The West all the time. Not all of them will choose the same world.
My 2-cents? Leave the worlds alone and stop talking about merging them.

You're kidding yourself if you think World 1 has been active at any time over the last four years. In fact, the only time you could argue in it's favour was in the period following the original migration, funnily enough. I'm not sure whether you played at all during the game's heyday, but almost all the worlds right now are barely shadows of what they were in the past. Merging worlds means lost town data, but you'll keep all the work you put into the character itself. Migration has happened before and it breathed new life into the game. The only place I can think of where it had a detrimental effect was World 12, and that came about as a result of the players who chose to migrate to that world rather than migration itself.

Your beloved World 1 would be an absolute ghost town right now if it wasn't for the arrival of several large alliances from worlds 7, 8, 9 and 10. Think about that.

DeletedUser36192

You're kidding yourself if you think World 1 has been active at any time over the last four years. In fact, the only time you could argue in it's favour was in the period following the original migration, funnily enough. I'm not sure whether you played at all during the game's heyday, but almost all the worlds right now are barely shadows of what they were in the past. Merging worlds means lost town data, but you'll keep all the work you put into the character itself. Migration has happened before and it breathed new life into the game. The only place I can think of where it had a detrimental effect was World 12, and that came about as a result of the players who chose to migrate to that world rather than migration itself.

Your beloved World 1 would be an absolute ghost town right now if it wasn't for the arrival of several large alliances from worlds 7, 8, 9 and 10. Think about that.

*Drops Mic*

DeletedUser35120

Colorado is still very Active Kidd, and if you have plans to fort-fight there - getting a spot would be a very tough thing to do. I don't think Colorado itself wants to combine with some other world at this moment either...

DeletedUser33353

Me a forter Anny? LOL, good one. As I said, just my opinion on this idea here.

DeletedUser36192

So lets say it causes issues on one server or something, I feel a lot of other servers could really benefit from a merge.

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm just being selfish because I've put a lot of effort into building my town single-handed and don't want to lose that, but - in my opinion - Worlds do have their ups and downs.
As for my being here in the heydey, I was here shortly after the game launched a la v1.0, but then I dropped out for a long, long time, so I may have missed the time you are talking about. I do remember when the discussion about v2.0 was raised and I was one of the more vocal against it. Then I dropped out again and only came back again a few years back. But this time I am here to stay and I am investing a lot in W1.
But that's just my 2-cents.

DeletedUser22685

All the time that everyone has invested in their characters is being put to waste the longer worlds remain shells, and if things continue in the same manner it'll all be gone for good. A short term sacrifice often proves to be exactly what was needed in the long run. Hundreds of players went through much worse last time because we had to delete entire characters, not just towns. I doubt any of those players will deny now that it was for the greater good.

DeletedUser23252

this does interest me because I've given thought of letting my El Dorado character go. But deleting 200k, golden colt and sabre, lots of bonds not to mention level 93 is hard to do.

Pankreas PorFavor

in my opinion, migration/merging worlds is a quick and painful fix that doesn't solve anything in the long run.
with this approach worlds can merge over and over again until we have only one world left. for the last few years Inno is just milking their existing customers without any serious attempts to attract new players. to keep this game running, they need to restore balance between old players leaving and new players joining, or even better, have a surplus of new incoming players. if you have two worlds that are played by 70% of the same people, you're not doing anything positive by merging them together.