Here's an Idea: Stop changing the rules!!!

• Thread starter Jebedobidiah Johnstonson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35277

I take exception to the original posters calling Adventurers whiners. Don't lump us all
together like that. I am an adventurer, by choice, by profession and I accept dueling is part of the game. Sometimes you win , sometimes you lose. Inno will do what they want to do, so in my opinion, you are the whiner. Happy dueling.

DeletedUser

The bottom line is the new duel changes are going to drive away more duelers...I dont want to play this game for questing and building and fort fighting. I play this game to duel. And i dont want a 250 duel lvl. Then what i duel the same 10 people every day, no thanks.

Again, INNO thanks for ruining the game for low xp duelers. I've supported this game with nugget purchases long enough. No more money from me if you make these changes. And i'm sure many more duelers will feel the same. And playing the game without premium just isn't fun. I watched longtime duelers leave en masse after the 3-mot update. You will see many more leave that have supported you for years.
The West is turning into a glorified Chat Room and crummy adventurer game.

All you whiney adventurer/builders can have it...enjoy...you should rename the game The Westville and promote it as a leisurely quest game to be enjoyed by pre-teens and their grandparents.

DeletedUser35120

I play this game to duel. And i dont want a 250 duel lvl. Then what i duel the same 10 people every day, no thanks.

Care to dare face the duelers skilled for dueling? I'm sure your answer is no.

I've supported this game with nugget purchases long enough. No more money from me if you make these changes. And i'm sure many more duelers will feel the same.

Same old threats.. all we see here is whining.

And playing the game without premium just isn't fun.

Then, I think you don't know how to play. There are several people here who have played the game without investing real money and they actually enjoy the game. yes, nuggets purchases give you an advantage, but don't tell people that this game isn't fun without premium, geez... that is just such a big lie.

I watched longtime duelers leave en masse after the 3-mot update.

You mean those that didn't know to duel and picked on the people who just weren't skilled for duels left in numbers after the 3-mot update? Oh good then, cause they didn't know how to play. Or rather I should say, they didn't how to man up and adjust.

You will see many more leave that have supported you for years.

Threats and whining again.

All you whiney adventurer/builders can have it...enjoy...

It's you who is only whining here. We are not, we are putting up logical explanations of things here, and you don't even have words to reply to those.

you should rename the game The Westville

The west is purely owned by Innogames, that's the fundamental thing you should learn first. It's not owned by you. They can name it whatever they wish to, and they are not asking for your suggestion.

promote it as a leisurely quest game to be enjoyed by pre-teens and their grandparents.

You're starting to disrespect a mass of the community, which is not really well accepted here.

There are ways to put your views here, whining won't help you. If you disagree with certain changes you can of course voice it out in the forums, no one's barring you from that right. But a constructive discussion is more healthy than what you're doing. Yes, the 7-day thing (where people will be hidden from the duel list will affect the duelers big time in a bad way), but the developers and mods are ready to hear you and make changes if there's a majority of the community who feel that way, provided you put up constructive discussions. Everything that has arrived in beta can change before it arrives here.

DeletedUser

Anny I have not responded to you because this forum is not the place for flame wars.
I will continue to not respond directly to your personal attacks because this forum is not intended for that kind of discussion.

DeletedUser35120

Anny I have not responded to you because this forum is not the place for flame wars.
I will continue to not respond directly to your personal attacks because this forum is not intended for that kind of discussion.

You have not responded to anyone here, I'm not talking about myself here either. This isn't a place for flaming, this is the first thing I think you something meaningful, and correct. I agree on that. But if my responses to you is flaming, personal attacks, or whatever then again.. you need to re-read the definition of those words again. In fact, I can rather say you started a personal attack on me when you said:

You're in El Dorado...to bad you're languishing down in the lvl 60's...I'd ask you to reskill and give me a go... ;-)

And I know you can't even show me whether I launched a personal attack on you, quote me if you can. Anyways, as always you're whining again. Come back when you have something constructive to say. I have said what I needed to already before, and I won't respond to your whines anymore.

DeletedUser

Response from INNO to my support tickets:

Da Twista 2015-08-05 09:19:49

Perhaps duelling is not the only big feature in this game, did you ever consider that? Not everyone duels, not everyone even likes duelling - we have catered for the population in general.

And judging by the responses in your thread, a lot of players have already welcomed these changes.

But I would suggest you actually test these features out before complaining about them. You don't seem to know what is all involved in the new changes and therefore should not be providing such an opinion publically. I don't mean to be rude but irrational postings both here on our forum and support system won't be taken seriously.

Respectfully,

Da Twista
Community Manager

Evidently player opinions are not highly regarded by INNO.

DeletedUser

1) The minimum duel motivation will increase to 10%.

I'm fine with this part.

2) Town rankings will now be influenced by dueling experience.

I'm fine with this as well. With the current system of using wins/loss and knock outs, it encourages duelers in dueling towns to be risk adverse as gaining losses hurts the town ranking.

3) Morticians will show an 'honour value' reflecting the skill of opponents you challenge.
When a town member completes a duel against another player, the stats of both players are compared. If the challenger has significantly stronger skills than the defender, their town loses an honour point, otherwise one is gained.

Idea is o.k. Implementation needs work. You do not have any way of knowing your opponents dueling skills in advance, so can not predict how honorable a duel is in advance even if you go out looking for good duels. At the minimum, the duel interfaces should be updated to show whether or not a duel is honorable when selecting the duel. Maybe green button = honorable, yellow = neutral, red = dishonorable. Also needs to consider all dueling skills and not just aim/dodge as there are a lot of jacked up resistance duelers out there as well.

4) Players who have not initiated a duel in the past seven days will be hidden from the dueling menu. Non-duellers will be hidden as if they were under duel protection, sleeping or inactive. They may still be challenged as normal from player profiles, town saloons, map locations and the sheriff building.

Not a fan of this idea. Just making more searching around. May as well take away the upcoming fort battle option away from fort battles and make players search every fort to see if a battle is scheduled. Basically, this is all this option is doing.

5) Further, as mentioned above, we have made substantial changes to the dueling calculations and formulas.

Definitely needed. At a minimum, the calculations have not kept up with the introduction of leveled equipment sets and the ability to enhance equipment by upgrading individual items.

DeletedUser35101

And i duel for money also not just braggin rights. Adventures/builders/FFers carry money, they dont like being dueled? Go townless.

Think you said everything with this line.. whom you duel mainly and why!

Instead of putting some effort and working on jobs to get cash.. you go and bully duel those that cannot really defend against pure skilled dueler..

Only way this bully dueling will end is by making reward depend on duel motivation! Same as it does for jobs.

Bring back ZMD.. but for 0 motivation in dueling they get no exp and NO MONEY as reward... than we will see who duels cause of loving duels and how many will be against having at least 10 % motivation as cap..

As i remember.. main reason for setting cap on 3 % and now 10 % was to get more those who duel into higher lvls (real lvl and duel lvl) so they keep on having targets... we can call it "duelers vs. duelers"
That part wont work so well till we have ability of lowering duel lvl..

MAYBE.. cut down everyone's duel lvl, set it to some min.. remove ability of lowering duel lvl, leave some % on motivation, make reward depend on that motivation.. make that for each duel lvl to go up more duel exp is needed (so duel lvl goes slower up)

That way.. for very long time many duelers will have very large pool of targets.
Many do like exp dueling, many do like getting max on rewards.. All will go up in duel lvl, some faster, some slower.. BUT all will go up and will have targets.

Most of those that love dueling as for dueling love challenge they get out of it, love going after those same as them! Go after other duelers! THEY DO NOT CARE how much cash they "earn" from those they duel..
Only those that are into bully dueling care about cash.. and that is only reason why they whine about this.. and for them change on reward is needed!
Those that chose having low mot will get less on their rewards.. and i bet not many will do that haha

Do that with reward..

DeletedUser

Again, all of you attacking me have no clue.
I have completed over 60k jobs in 6 months. 2900 duels, and 1000 prayers.

And I said I duel for money ALSO NOT JUST BRAGGING rights.

and 2 Fort fights. forgot about that for obvious reasons...

And over 600 quests.

I am an active player that plays all aspects of the game...except FFing.
Why? Because the Fort Fighting on here is terrible.

Gotta wait 24 hours to fight? Can only FF if some town digs on a fort?
You have to get a 'rank' to fight in a fort Battle?
Forts are owned by Towns?

Fort Fighting is what is broken. Fix Fort fighting.

1) Run fort fighting more like adventures, you get 20 people on each side, start the battle in 15 mins. Then more can join if they want.

2) Change number 1 would eliminate the 'digging' on a fort.

3) eliminate ranking as a requirement to FF.
This is an elitist attitude and I have been denied a chance to Fort Fight by players who then laughed at me and told me to go duel.

4)Forts owned by towns? Why? Because of the building?
Maybe have forts owned by counties, and instead of losing the fort just have a Win/Loss record posted for the fort. Then each county will have a some incentive to keep their forts protected.

Just a couple of thoughts on how to REALLY fix the problem with FFing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35101

And over 600 quests.

I am an active player that plays all aspects of the game...except FFing.
Why? Because the Fort Fighting on here is terrible.

Gotta wait 24 hours to fight? Can only FF if some town digs on a fort?
You have to get a 'rank' to fight in a fort Battle?
Forts are owned by Towns?

Fort Fighting is what is broken. Fix Fort fighting.

1) Run fort fighting more like adventures, you get 20 people on each side, start the battle in 15 mins. Then more can join if they want.

2) Change number 1 would eliminate the 'digging' on a fort.

3) eliminate ranking as a requirement to FF.
This is an elitist attitude and I have been denied a chance to Fort Fight by players who then laughed at me and told me to go duel.

4)Forts owned by towns? Why? Because of the building?
Maybe have forts owned by counties, and instead of losing the fort just have a Win/Loss record posted for the fort. Then each county will have a some incentive to keep their forts protected.

Just a couple of thoughts on how to REALLY fix the problem with FFing.

Don't know about others... but i'm confused... Didn't you title this thread: Stop changing rules?!
And now you want fort battles to be changed?! WHY? Only cause you didn't get spot in FF..
hahahha

DeletedUser

Wow...just wow...
That's what you took out of that Cro?
So this isn't about why the West is dying and how to REALLY fix it...this is a Flame Jeb thread.
Nice buddy.

DeletedUser35101

I do have clue, Jeb... and is that all you took out of all I and others said here?!

And this thread isn't about you.. you gave no valid points on why.. you didn't give any reply to what others said, to points they made.. but you are only one who is making this thread only about you.. and how things fit for you and what you don't like........

You have no idea to how many changes this game has been since start.. some better than others.. some very much welcomed, others not.. but all of us got used to them, changed our style of play fitting each and every change made.

If you want game that is completely fitting for you.. go and make one for yourself!

I can't say i like everything that was changed since i started to play or that i like everything that will be part of this dueling changes.. but for most things i do understand why..

While you only whine.. instead of whining.. reread those changes and make suggestion on how to improve those.. as others have! But seems you only know how to give red rep to things others say hahha

What i want to see next as your reply, since you still haven't given any suggestion on it... is HOW TO REALLY FIX DUELING by Jeb?
But do make it full one.. motivation, energy, protection (for both those that get KO and those that want to avoid dueling but still be part of town), ranking (player and town points), experience / duel points, rewards, duel formula / skills... am sure i forgot something, but leave it for you to complete the list of changes..

Thanks!

DeletedUser

I have always wondered how someone armed with a razor can beat someone with a gun - used to make me laugh - I learned tho that its part of the game and got on with (i became townless) what i will never understand is why everyone keeps mentioning Farmville is it the only other online game?

DeletedUser

i will never understand is why everyone keeps mentioning Farmville is it the only other online game?

Must be what they play when they are not playing The West. :)

My game feels like that at the moment, Pick Tomatoes, Clear Forest, Harvest Pumpkins, Mine Granite, Cowboy, click Craft button and hope I actually get a crafting point for a change, rest, repeat. I may have to mix in praying at the church before clicking the crafting point and see if the mysterious benefit helps with green level crafting.

DeletedUser

Fix dueling? This post was bout leaving dueling alone. There is nothing wrong with dueling. So in my OPINION there is nothing to fix about dueling.

Fix Fort Fighting. Fort Fighters are leaving the game because they are bored.
Duelers are leaving the game because of the 'updates'.

And I mention Farmville from time to time because everyone knows Farmville is a game with absolutely no griefing. Everyone understands what that means when you compare a game to Farmville.

I was hoping this could have been a serious discussion about fixing The West. Instead it has deteriorated into flame Jeb. Can you seriously read the posts here and not see that?

I did provide some thoughts on fixing Fort Fighting. And what was your response Cro? You said i want to change FF because I didn't get a spot in a FF...that is the most mature response you have?

We can all sit here and bash each other and talk about dueling...when the elephant in the room is Fort Fighting and Fort Fighters leaving the game.

And if you would look at those stats and step back from the fact that it is me saying it, for whatever reason I guess my remarks have induced strong feelings in some, but just step back and look at the stats objectively.

If you saw this:
Player X Stats
Jobs: 60k+
Duels: 2900+
Quests: 600+
Prayer: 1000+
Fort Fights: 2

If I saw those stats I would think, huh...that player participates in every aspect of the game except Fort Fighting. I wonder why that is. That player must think Fort Fighting is really dull, or not user friendly, or he has some other issue with Fort Fighting that is not apparent in the numbers.

For me the reasons are; Fort Fighting is boring, and it is not user friendly. There are no other reasons why I do not FF.

Again, just one hyper-active players OPINION here.
Bash if you must but know it is not contributing to the discussion.

And before I see the "That is just you though, others dont feel that way"

The last fort fight in El Dorado was on Aug 1st. So it appears the Fort Fighters on that server share the same aversion to Fort Fighting I do...they may have different reasons...but the fact is Fort Fighting is dying.

And to just hammer it home one more time...Why does anyone feel that changing the duel formula, and hiding players in the duel screen, and ranking towns based on some 'honor system' is going to fix Fort Fighting?
It baffles me...but perhaps this is just beyond my small brain and minuscule I.Q.

And the reason Fort Fighters are leaving the game is NOT because they get dueled. They have always gotten dueled. Any other reasons Fort Fighting is dying? Or is that all we can come up with, fort fighting is dying because they get dueled? Smh...I dont think so.

So continue to look to plug holes that are not there and watch the ship that is The West continue to sink.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

The last fort fight in El Dorado was on Aug 1st. So it appears the Fort Fighters on that server share the same aversion to Fort Fighting I do...they may have different reasons...but the fact is Fort Fighting is dying.

Man, it's been 12 hours with this non-stop whining and you haven't got tired yet. Fella, your world is dead FF wise. Don't think every other world is like yours, go play in other worlds, and get an idea of the broader aspect of the game.

Here's Colorado's current FF overview: http://prntscr.com/81ais1

Dakota: http://prntscr.com/81aj1o

I don't have time to respond to the rest of your whines where you keep saying illogical stuffs about fort-fighting. And this thread didn't start with fort-fighting either. You're actually right, now we don't have a clue about what you're upto.

Keep whining... see you next time.

DeletedUser

Okay, let me type as plainly as possible.

This thread was intended as a discussion on ways to stem the tide of players leaving the game.

My OPINION is that making all these changes to dueling is not going to help.

I have given my thoughts on what I perceive the problem to be.
I can only assume everyone else believes the problem is dueling...which hey I could be wrong.
But again, I participate in all other aspects of the game...so an objective person would think I may have an idea what I'm talking about here.

DeletedUser33353

I for one appreciate the effort that you are making. Perhaps one of the devs will pop on and read this thread.

DeletedUser35101

And how about you use a bit of search on this forum and look up how many times since The-West was launched as game, dueling was changed and what those were.. or just ask some old-time duelers to inform you a bit..

Or ask for explanation on this changes... why they are made, since you cannot see it for yourself

Have you ever asked how many players left game cause they were bully dueled by people like you? None can keep motivation on min by just dueling other pure duelers.. so out of those 2900 duels most likely 2000 were against those who cannot defend themselves.. ofc excuse is "i need to keep my mot down" and "need to hit those so i don't lose much hp".
Did you ever stop to think you aren't only one in that hr / day to be dueling cause of that "reason" that same person?! OFC NOT! Cause you don't care.. you care only about yourself and your play-style and what is good for you..

Adjust.. same as many others have..

Reason why you whine about this is cause now your lvl will go up faster and you will be picked more by those that are higher than you are and ofc lose more.. ofc they will do it to keep their motivation low..

If you cannot see that it is closed circle.. is your problem..

Or as i said before.. bring back ZMD, but lets have that 0 mot = 0 reward (no exp, no cash..). How do you like that, Jeb?

DeletedUser

Well As a matter of fact Cro I have been playing the West since 2010 on briscoe. I've had characters on Dakota, Arizona, El Do, and a neglected low lvl on Fairbank at the moment.

Again, you are talking about my playing style like you know who I duel everyday?

I'll type it again here: I duel anyone in the duel screen, if I lose I lose, if I win i love it.

And you are right, I was a 0-mot dueler back when the game was lively and nobody seemed to care that 0-mot dueling existed. I mean I was 0-mot dueling for 5years before this 3-mot update in Feb. and The West was winning game of the year.

I remember when they divided the duel-mot between NPC and Player dueling, that ticked me off, but I kept playing. The 3-mot dueling update ticked me off again...but hey, I'll try it out. Turns out you can lower your duel lvl too, so that update wasn't so bad, in fact I like it.

But how many times are we gonna kick this dueling dog? Every update now there is some initiative to change dueling...
to reiterate, it was not like that when The West was winning game of the year.

I hope this will end the discussion about me for good now? You and Anny know about what kind of player I am and where I come from, so can we move on now to the problem of The West hemorrhaging players faster than Princess Di's arteries in that Paris ambulance? (Too soon?) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.