Buy Multiple Items from the Town Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I love that we can craft one reptilian items at one time. There's an achievement for having 1,337 Level 3 items in your inventory. Sounds crazy, but it's there. This requires the purchase of 36,099 items (probably Grey Rags) from the store. That's about one brazilion clicks on the server. I think rather than having a handful of achievement chasing players rack up 10 godzilian clicks against the server, it might be a good idea to allow players to select the number of a particular product they'd like to purchase from the store. I hope this idea gets 5 textilian Yes votes.

DeletedUser33353

No, as I have just finished that achievement.....and yes, I did click 33k+ times for the gray rags.
Can not have everything easy ;)

DeletedUser36559

No from me since the achievement would be ridiculously easy to get then....

DeletedUser22685

what about we exclude whatever achievement needed from being able to be bought this way?

Then if those achievements were specifically cited as being the reason behind suggesting the change, what would this possibly be used for if they're excluded?

asdf124

A lot of players would be smarter if they didn't buy it for achievements imo.

I would either buy x number of precise single shot rifle for example, would love to buy it with an easier way.

or the precise pepper gun etc.

Other items would be for dueling and other things.

Pankreas PorFavor

People that purchased 36k of grey rags will tell you that buying 243 of whatever for a level 5 upgrade is a piece of cake ;) 81 for level 4, 27 for level 3 - don't even mention that. and it's something you would only do a few times (IMO most players wouldn't do it even once), therefore I think it is not necessary to implement such a feature. it is a few minutes of clicking - we both spent more time just on this forum topic ;)
the developers of this game should spend their time on more important things, IMO.

DeletedUser22685

A lot of players would be smarter if they didn't buy it for achievements imo.

I would either buy x number of precise single shot rifle for example, would love to buy it with an easier way.

or the precise pepper gun etc.

Other items would be for dueling and other things.

If anyone is so lazy that they can't put in a few minutes' work clicking a button a couple of hundred times, they don't deserve the bonus they'll get for doing so. Like Pank said, there's a huge difference between 36k and 243 items. This would be utterly useless if it couldn't be used for those high end achievements for all but the laziest of njubs.

DeletedUser36979

Indeed, like changing Trading with Indians to Dealing with Indians.

That was very important :blink: Good they dropped everything to change that.... :laugh:

Back on subject though, this does make some sense, escpecially considering that if you press a little too fast, you will be locked out for around 10 minutes, which makes it an annoying task to buy 243 things for a level 5 upgrade. Something needs to be done, either allow us to click faster (40+ clicks a second without autoclicker is easy) or give us an opportunity to buy mulitiply items at once.
A lot of the achievements are silly easy to get already, so one more wouldn't make much of a difference.... or they could just change it to click a million times or something equally pointless as 1337 level 3 items... all those items will just make the cloth calculations even slower anyways

Pankreas PorFavor

A lot of the achievements are silly easy to get already,

the whole game is silly easy, compared to how it was previously

so one more wouldn't make much of a difference....

you miss the point. it's not about keeping one achievement hard to get, it's about trying to stop the trend. I know, it will never happen, but that shouldn't prevent me (or you, or anyone else) from stating my opinion.

want 500 achievement points for 3 clicks and 1 minute of "work"? want to reach level 120 in 2 weeks? want to play a game that requires no thought, strategy, planning on your side? want a game without challenges? a game for 5-year-olds? good. this is where it's been going for the last few years, we're almost there.

EDIT: why not expand the original idea? buy multiple items, but why not buy them already upgraded? it will save you even more clicks. just go to the shop, click an item, and in one box type the level of the item you want (e.g. 3), in the other box type the amount (e.g. 1337), the game shows you how much that would cost you and you click OK - TA-DA!!! just imagine the time/click savings! ;)

Indeed, like changing Trading with Indians to Dealing with Indians.

in other words, they are already wasting time on useless stuff nobody asked them to do, let's not start asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

People that purchased 36k of grey rags will tell you that buying 243 of whatever for a level 5 upgrade is a piece of cake ;) 81 for level 4, 27 for level 3 - don't even mention that. and it's something you would only do a few times (IMO most players wouldn't do it even once), therefore I think it is not necessary to implement such a feature. it is a few minutes of clicking - we both spent more time just on this forum topic ;)
the developers of this game should spend their time on more important things, IMO.

What about the future??

You do realize that rank 5 is the current highest for a reason, so I will not be surprised if they raise the cap.

Hmm, your right about more important things such as bugs and other improvements for the game.

asdf124

let me see - IF they change something in the FUTURE, we need to have something NOW? :blink:

Do you even realize how much time you'd need to wait to see any changes by ideas posted here be implemented into the game?

It takes a damn long time, your gonna forget that it ever existed in the "FUTURE"

Pankreas PorFavor

Do you even realize the "IF" part of your theory? You said it yourself - level 5 limitation is there for a reason. So what is your theory? This reason will maybe disappear, and maybe the upgrade level limit will be raised to level 6 (729 items) or 7 (2187 items) or even higher? To upgrade a precise single shot rifle to level 5 it costs over 12M (I think, I didn't crunch the numbers) - someone will spend 36M on level 6? And if all that happens - why should it be easy to buy hundreds or thousands of those items at once? Will you earn 20M at once and decide to buy all those items at once? Or will you buy them a few at a time anyway?

There are too many IFs in your theory to justify the implementation of this now or in the foreseeable future. There is only one reason to ask for this in this point in time - buying thousands of grey rags easily. The hypothetical, fictional reasons you mention are only that - not realistic, and IMO, do not justify the request for such a feature.

DeletedUser26820

Do you even realize how much time you'd need to wait to see any changes by ideas posted here be implemented into the game?

It takes a damn long time, your gonna forget that it ever existed in the "FUTURE"

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=56063
Suggested April 7th. Rolled out with 2.24 update a few days ago.
Depending on perspective, that's not "a damn long time."
Haley's comet hasn't even flown overhead more than once yet from suggestion to implementation.

So about 6 weeks to realize a suggestion to implementation, at least in this instance.

But on topic, I'd vote in favor of this proposal, to buy multiple items from town store.
Not to discount the investment of time that others have put into the click click clicking in a town store, but because you were doing that, you weren't at a FF or adventure or dueling or any other dynamic of the game that really should have been more worthy of your time.

Pankreas PorFavor

Not to discount the investment of time that others have put into the click click clicking in a town store, but because you were doing that, you weren't at a FF or adventure or dueling or any other dynamic of the game that really should have been more worthy of your time.

or maybe people were doing that when they were sleeping in the hotel anyway?
and anyway, it's not up to you or me to tell others what is more worthy of their time.

DeletedUser33353

I would have thought that zd would have closed this thread by now? Not enough positives to warrant a vote, so I would consider it a moot point. Have a great weekend everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.