Black letter

DeletedUser33342

Hello

yesterday when i logged in, i recieved an item I have not seen before.
A screen appeared and i got this:

http://prntscr.com/77cg0x
77cg0x

are there more people who got that?

Best regards,

Allmar

DeletedUser33342

I don't even know why i got it :eek:
Something with "a lot of adventures you have gone through, for your trouble you recieve..."

asdf124

I don't even know why i got it :eek:
Something with "a lot of adventures you have gone through, for your trouble you recieve..."

which world?

It might be due to losing X number of adventures, highly unlikely though, but still possible.

DeletedUser

I believe these are randomly handed out to people on very rare occasions. I can't confirm as I only have a very vague memory, but I seem to remember either myself or one of my friends getting a free gift. (It was a loooong time ago.)

DeletedUser33342

which world?

It might be due to losing X number of adventures, highly unlikely though, but still possible.

It has nothing to do with adventures, that's for sure.

I believe these are randomly handed out to people on very rare occasions. I can't confirm as I only have a very vague memory, but I seem to remember either myself or one of my friends getting a free gift. (It was a loooong time ago.)

But man, I don't get it, why me? Or was I just a number out of the box?

DeletedUser33353

If I were you....I would go down to the corner store and buy a lotto ticket ;)
Grats to you.

Tom Robert

I got one too! Yesterday on EN world Dakota. I am only lvl6 and it's only a testing world for me. I'm not active there.
So it's random I suppose.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It's like the random pop-ups that occur in-game. I've so far seen Doctor Who and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. These too are random occurrences that not everyone will get. You were randomly selected for a great prize Allmar. As the old saying goes, 'Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth'. :)

DeletedUser22685

Actually, it's more likely that it's another inactivity campaign. No random events reward prizes.

DeletedUser

Nah. Whichever one of us got the prize, I can confirm that I/they weren't inactive when I/they got it. Logging in every day.

DeletedUser35101

This is what.. 3rd or 4th time inactive players get rewarded?! Bond letters, unique items that can't be sold on market...
Nice to see presents be given.. but really don't think it will make them active on those worlds..

But it would also be nice to see presents given to those that ARE active too! Or those that are active have to become inactive to get something?!

How about little something for each person (character) be given something on their registration date to each server?! That's not much.. and would be nice from Inno's side.. kinda like Bday present :p

DeletedUser35533

It's like the random pop-ups that occur in-game. I've so far seen Doctor Who and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. These too are random occurrences that not everyone will get. You were randomly selected for a great prize Allmar. As the old saying goes, 'Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth'. :)
3+ years playing and only saw "you got lost in a cave"
Nah. Whichever one of us got the prize, I can confirm that I/they weren't inactive when I/they got it. Logging in every day.
have not missed a day since logging in became a thing. no letter for me

DeletedUser35120

Jeez. Some people are just lucky and they randomly got a black letter. Let's just congratulate them and not be upset about the fact that we didn't get one.

Fyi: No, I never got a black letter or any sort of cool gift out of the blues being that lucky person... if you think I got one and do not belong to that "unlucky" group. :)

DeletedUser35520

as already mentioned, i believe it was an inactivity return item, which my only issue with is they don't really work. No one says, "I stopped playing this world a year ago, but thanks to this veteran horse or 500 bonds I am going to come back and play and buy nuggets!" They are lucky to continue another week, then the items are essentially wasted and nothing is truly gained from either party. Why not offer a variation of the All purpose travel bag that certain items are unlocked based upon days played consecutively. day 1, day 5, day 10, day 15, etc then at the 30 mark give them 500 bonds and hopefully they stick around. Offer free premiums, something, just a different tactic than welcome back, take this, and they leave again. There should also be more of a effort to bring i new players, not just bring back the old ones.

Instead or in addition too, I would much rather see rewards for those who actively play multiple worlds daily. Seems like an item called the Veteran horse should go to veteran players, not those who quit and happen to return out of curiosity. Yes we get daily sign in bonuses, but those players are the ones that keep the game going.

DeletedUser

But if they truly are an inactive gift, how did a truly active player gain one?

DeletedUser35520

But if they truly are an inactive gift, how did a truly active player gain one?

it does not mean that some prizes are not randomly given to active players but certainly the number of items given away over the years has been much greater or at least greater documented for the inactives. I've seen screen shots of nuggets, veteran horses, and a few black letters. All of those were for players who had been inactive and came back. If you or anyone else got one and actively play, then awesome and congrats to you.

Pankreas PorFavor

I am here almost every day since 2009, even if just to queue sleep because I don't have time for anything else... I have never even seen these random pop-ups, let alone get a gift.
Actually, it seems to me that active players are the ones who get all the frustration of dealing with bugs and errors, but veeeeeery rarely do we get any rewards, and some people never do. I was lucky to catch the event with codes once, and I won 2 chests. In 6 years, that's all... And that's much much more than most active players got.

DeletedUser

Rick - I think you may be right. My friend was inactive for a while and - when Halloween came - he got an E-mail for a free 'Witches Hat'. The berk went and restarted after he got it though and lost it. Heh heh. :D