Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser36559

I agree, when the opposition is a man down I don't tend to give away points and who knows they might end up winning the entire game if the other 2 players quit in my team. As for having a man down no-one has shown any mercy to me and I don't really expect them to, everyone plays to win, that's the nature of the game.

DeletedUser

I say why prolong their misery? End it quickly so that they can start another adventure quickly. I see no point in giving them a chance to scrape those extra 50 vet points and waste a lot of time in the process...

DeletedUser

there is not much adventure in doing the same thing over and over ~ why is there only one map still?
The game was popular to start with as you could level up very quickly, it killed general chat.
Why is the adventure on the daily list with VP bonus and fort fighting is not?

asdf124

I say why prolong their misery? End it quickly so that they can start another adventure quickly. I see no point in giving them a chance to scrape those extra 50 vet points and waste a lot of time in the process...

Wow, 2 minutes is considered a lot of time compared to 9 minutes.

The extra time you'd be playing to let the other team get 150/100 etc

somethings that I will point out to:

It is about doing fast thinking first and than setting all moves. Not just doing random silly clicks, as most of you read what i said..
Any type of pc configuration or connection speed, can't replace thinking first and knowing what to do.

One can also ask that question on having pc configuration or speed as advantage within team when people set actions.

My suggestion was to use how line of performing actions is formed within team (based on who sets what and when) to each player regardless of team... Each player has 2 actions, all perform action 1 and than all perform action 2, that is how within team things go.
Having all players in order like that pc config wont make difference. It would make huge difference if those 2 actions aren't divided in two turns.
But ok, most of you think it's stupid.. can live with that hahah

But honestly.. who gets to move or do any action first will make little difference in adventures until how teams are made is changed. That is much bigger problem.
And is reason why i don't play more adventures..
(taken from adventure changes)

I agree, it is about thinking fast, the connection helps, but it is still who thinks fast too. However, I disagree with the last part, there are games where you know being blue loses it for you, whereas if you were a red it is a win. At least that's what I find at the higher spectrum. I dont think I am necessarily wrong and I've certainly tested more than you can imagine
(taken from adventure changes)

I disagree completely with the part that lucky has said:"Hardware doesn't effect gameplay"

Hardware usually has a huge part with playing adventures, anyone who is into pc's knows it.

Adventures will freeze pc's if they are too slow or not recent.

I have a couple of pc's, the difference between the two is so dramatic that I simply know better than these statements.

If you got a 1.6 ghz pc, with 2-4 gb of ram, hard drive speed is neglected due to knowing that doesn't actually effect the gameplay overall and the minimum speed is usually 4.2k rpm.

Last edited:

foscock

Banned
I would still like to see any opened spots filled by players in the Queue. That could result in a shift in power, but if the game waited like 5 rounds before filling the empty spot to ensure the person who left is not reconnecting, very rarely would it actually effect the outcome.

It sounds nice in theory, but I don't see it working in practice.

First, nobody wants to join an in-progress game. It would take a bit of time to get your bearings and access the situation. Plus you may only be there for a few turns.

And considering how slow some are at setting their starting point, I would imagine the new guy would often stand idle for a few rounds before he realizes he's even in the game.

Waiting 5 rounds before filling the empty spot? Game would be decided in those 5 rounds in most cases.

DeletedUser35520

It sounds nice in theory, but I don't see it working in practice.

First, nobody wants to join an in-progress game. It would take a bit of time to get your bearings and access the situation. Plus you may only be there for a few turns.

And considering how slow some are at setting their starting point, I would imagine the new guy would often stand idle for a few rounds before he realizes he's even in the game.

Waiting 5 rounds before filling the empty spot? Game would be decided in those 5 rounds in most cases.

well no matter what you do there will be some consequences. my comment was in regards to handicap matches and i would much rather join a game for the last few rounds, loose, and get 100 veteran points or whatever the team gained, than wait in a lobby. Oters would not... But if players joined immediately there might be a shift in power, which will upset players, or the previous player might have just been dc'ed and unable to return. Any sort of greater team balancing will result in longer wait times... Its all just food for thought. Personally the main thing i would really like to have changed is a new map or the bear hunt, just some variation. The "new" shop items to buy with our VP's would be nice, but its hard to sit through and play the same thing over and over and over.

asdf124

is their a way to configure adventures strain on pc's?

If we could choose the resolution, we could have slower pc's playing easier with less lag issue and freezing.

I believe we should be able to choose what we'd like, ie, performance over quality.

DeletedUser36559

Anyone know what happened in the latest update for adventurers, it seems like I've lost some HP and I don't hit as hard as I used to?

DeletedUser35120

It wasn't a update specifically for adventures. It was a massive bug for level based set bonuses. I don't know if you realized this, but you were getting extra LP's for a week or so from level based gears. Suppose you're supposed to get +30 hiding for a dalton's coat, it will show +30 Hiding in the description, if you checked skills page, you were getting 31 or maybe even 32 hiding. (This is just an example). As for the AP's, you were getting at least 1 more AP. Your Outlaw gun was giving +3 AP's to all. But actually it was +4 if you checked skills page. And this +4 was effective in adventures as well. That's the reason for your harder hits and added hp. (I'm curious, didn't you realize you were suddenly having extra hp and doing better? This bug arrived a week or so ago). Now this bug is fixed - no extra LP for jobs, no extra bonuses (from bugs) which was affecting the adventures as well.

This is a bug report in beta: https://forum.beta.the-west.net/project.php?issueid=2178 ..somewhere along these lines, less detail.

So basically, we are just back to normal now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13176

After my team wins an adventure battle...and making the green progress bar all the way to the end...Why have I stopped getting a loot chest?

DeletedUser35120

Loot chests have 20% (or maybe 25%, not sure what the exact percentage is now) drop chance when you get 250 veteran Points from an adventure. So you can't be getting loot chests all the time. And sometimes you can go through a bad luck patch, where you didn't get a loot chest even after 20 winning times in a row. That happens to people more often that not.

DeletedUser33353

20% is still the official inno stance when you get a win. And as Anny said, sometimes it feels like forever before you get one....and then it is filled with clover or some such thing.

DeletedUser35533

any word one the best gear? any word on any scrips (like one that would keep the skills picked so you don't have to repick them every time)?

DeletedUser36559

After my team wins an adventure battle...and making the green progress bar all the way to the end...Why have I stopped getting a loot chest?

A win does not guarantee a loot chest for one player in the winning team, it's still 20% chance of getting it if you win, It's not a 100% chance one player in the winning team will receive one.