Adventure changes

foscock

Proposal
I suggest a few minor changes to make adventure more fair and enjoyable.

Details
Red moves first:
The red team has move priority, giving them a huge advantage. The move priority should alternate. Turn 1 should be decided randomly, and each team should get priority on alternate turns following that.

Highest level player is red:
If the top 2 players in the queue are level 150 and 149, the 150 will be on the red team. I'm not picking on Ptyltd, but as a level 150 with event gun, he doesn't really need move priority every time this situation occurs :p Of course, if the move priority was changed this wouldn't matter.

The daily quest:
This quest merely requires a player to join an adventure. Many seem to join and do little or nothing just to complete the quest. Change the quest so you need to win an adventure to encourage active participation.

Abuse Prevention
Don't think there is any opportunity for abuse here.

Summary
These seem like relatively easy changes to implement to increase enjoyment.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Not that I have seen.

asdf124

I agree but now you can compete way more due to upgraded outlaw set.

The only problem which might occur on a newbie is that they might lose multiple times and get scarred for life about it.

I think that it should be switched (red team moves first on first round and than switch it to blue team)

DeletedUser36011

I agree but now you can compete way more due to upgraded outlaw set.

The only problem which might occur on a newbie is that they might lose multiple times and get scarred for life about it.

I think that it should be switched (red team moves first on first round and than switch it to blue team)

The ability to compete or not compete has nothing to do with the upgrade ability of a player. It's about the whole fairness of the interaction between the two teams and how red and moving first is an advantage 90% of the time.

As for the highest level being red, that is alleviated from the first. As it is many newbies are repeatedly killed because of people with higher weapons, it is up to us as players in the adventures to try to help them from this possible eventuality. Just like with duels or fort battles etc. of course, this would require most people to actually think in adventures instead of randomly click. The former tends to happen more than the latter which would hinder helping the lower level players getting into such situations.

foscock

I disagree. This would mean the red team always has move priority for the 1st turn on the mill (turn 3) which can be a crucial turn. This is why I suggested the priority should be random for the first turn.

asdf124

I disagree. This would mean the red team always has move priority for the 1st turn on the mill (turn 3) which can be a crucial turn. This is why I suggested the priority should be random for the first turn.

I ain't sure if it should be random (if it was random, it would be a 50/50 unless it was a virtual coint, it would be 1/3 a chance to win/tie/lose)

How about you deem it on circumstances, for example, if they were even teams but the highest rank is the other team, it would let the other team first.

DeletedUser22685

I ain't sure if it should be random (if it was random, it would be a 50/50 unless it was a virtual coint, it would be 1/3 a chance to win/tie/lose)

How about you deem it on circumstances, for example, if they were even teams but the highest rank is the other team, it would let the other team first.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make or on what basis you're objecting to a random system. It is easily the fairest way, complicating things won't help in the long run.

I approve of all three suggested changes.

asdf124

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make or on what basis you're objecting to a random system. It is easily the fairest way, complicating things won't help in the long run.

I approve of all three suggested changes.

A random system would make it possible for higher levels be able to move and easily get lower levels,.

I am saying that the higher levels should get handicaps such as the right to move first as it would be a fairer and more challenging that way.

DeletedUser36979

Biggest problem as I see it with adventures: BORING and predictable

Shouldn't alternate between red/blue team to move first, I think it should be everyone at the same time, or completely randomized between the players, which would make adventures more chaotic and fun, since it will become unpredictable.

Also, a way to make adventures more fair (and fun): tone down the clothes/weapon effect on it, best would be everyone getting same stats and health, which would make the adventures more about skill (and luck), not about having the best clothes.
(I know it won't happen, The West is all about the clothes by now :()

DeletedUser36559

Biggest problem as I see it with adventures: BORING and predictable

Shouldn't alternate between red/blue team to move first, I think it should be everyone at the same time, or completely randomized between the players, which would make adventures more chaotic and fun, since it will become unpredictable.

Also, a way to make adventures more fair (and fun): tone down the clothes/weapon effect on it, best would be everyone getting same stats and health, which would make the adventures more about skill (and luck), not about having the best clothes.
(I know it won't happen, The West is all about the clothes by now :()

It's true adventurers are boring and predictable, about 95% of the time you can tell whether your team is going to win or lose just from looking at the starting screen and the weapons everyone has. I'm not sure how everyone is going to move at the same time someone always has to hit first. The problem with everyone having same stats and health is if one player in your team is one round too late or early you lose the game.

But yes Reds always have the advantage and they always tend to win the majority of the games. The move order should be randomized to help prevent this.

DeletedUser

1st move -I think that not only for the 1st move, but for every round the 1st move have to be calculated randomly. It will make the adventure less boring and predictable especially when running around a building.
The colour of the player with highest level is will not be so important then.

The daily quest:
I think that as foscock said, the daily quest has to require not only joining an adventure but winning.
Joining a team means responsibility also. Not only waiting others to do the job.

DeletedUser35101

There is a way to make this completely random and not depending on teams.. and red team always having the first move..

Make ALL actions player setting depending.. if we have 8 players and each can do 2 actions.. 16 in total.. all 16 actions go from 1 to 16 based on how fast each player does his "clicking" (setting his 2 actions), taking spot (for each action) in that 1 to 16 que.. regardless from which team each player is.. and each round has new que to be set based on how fast players click.

Deleted User - 1693871

Except the problem with that is it will always favour the better internet connections, faster computers. Randomised at the server end would be fairer.

DeletedUser35101

Yes.. and we see how server makes up even teams... :hmf:
With red team often having so much higher hp, that it is like they have one more player in team..

So if server would make same "type of random" for this.. i would rather have me beaten in clicking by those that have faster connection than mine is..

foscock

Fastest click is probably the least fair, it is too dependent on the players computer equipment.

DeletedUser34315

I think an alternating move priority after a random start would be perfect, as in the original suggestion. Knowing that no matter how fast you click you will still get shot is very frustrating.

DeletedUser26820

I agree with foscock's original proposal:

"The move priority should alternate. Turn 1 should be decided randomly, and each team should get priority on alternate turns following that."

Regardless of team or highest ranked player on a team or weapon or gear or whatnot, there's a red team and a blue team. The team that moves first is a coin flip, unknown at the start, with each subsequent round's first moves alternating between the teams.

So if the red team wins the coin flip to move first round 1, they move first on the odd # rounds and the blue team moves first on the even # rounds.

Also, I'm against speed clicking to set actions...
Experience in them, via Pty, has shown me that the quickest or first move is not always the best move.
So I'd suggest maintaining the strategy in not only team movement sequence but round sequence.
I've learned the hard way, and am still learning, there is a strategy to a sequence of moves within a team itself.

But I do like the coin flip to start it off and alternating rounds after that.

asdf124

I agree with foscock's original proposal:

"The move priority should alternate. Turn 1 should be decided randomly, and each team should get priority on alternate turns following that."

Regardless of team or highest ranked player on a team or weapon or gear or whatnot, there's a red team and a blue team. The team that moves first is a coin flip, unknown at the start, with each subsequent round's first moves alternating between the teams.

So if the red team wins the coin flip to move first round 1, they move first on the odd # rounds and the blue team moves first on the even # rounds.

Also, I'm against speed clicking to set actions...
Experience in them, via Pty, has shown me that the quickest or first move is not always the best move.
So I'd suggest maintaining the strategy in not only team movement sequence but round sequence.
I've learned the hard way, and am still learning, there is a strategy to a sequence of moves within a team itself.

But I do like the coin flip to start it off and alternating rounds after that.

More like a slim coin with no tip, if you think about it, it could fall on its tip(the edge) since it is electronic :p.

I agree that something should be done and maybe this is one of the right ways to go.

Deleted User - 1693871

Except the problem with that is it will always favour the better internet connections, faster computers. Randomised at the server end would be fairer.

I love the red rep for this post, with the comment:

"Adventure changes 13.04.15 22:38 this supposed to be constructive for topic?!"

Yes, it was a reply to a post above mine, pointing out a problem with what was suggested. It's therefore constructive.

Can we please bring in automatic signing of red rep so at least we know which people are just plain idiots?

DeletedUser36559

I'm very much against speed clicking aswell, my internet is pretty fast but no matter how fast I click if I'm in the blue team it makes no difference at all. To make adventurers more fair and enjoyable the teams itself should be even. Picking teams based entirely on player level rather than HP or gun damage is the problem.

DeletedUser35101

It is about doing fast thinking first and than setting all moves. Not just doing random silly clicks, as most of you read what i said..
Any type of pc configuration or connection speed, can't replace thinking first and knowing what to do.

One can also ask that question on having pc configuration or speed as advantage within team when people set actions.

My suggestion was to use how line of performing actions is formed within team (based on who sets what and when) to each player regardless of team... Each player has 2 actions, all perform action 1 and than all perform action 2, that is how within team things go.
Having all players in order like that pc config wont make difference. It would make huge difference if those 2 actions aren't divided in two turns.
But ok, most of you think it's stupid.. can live with that hahah

But honestly.. who gets to move or do any action first will make little difference in adventures until how teams are made is changed. That is much bigger problem.
And is reason why i don't play more adventures..