Recommended Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser37168
  • Start date

DeletedUser37168

Is there any chance to have El Dorado as recommended server any time soon?

The total number of players is less then 3000 which is quite bad for the youngest server.

The fort fights are hardly filled, there are not that many active duelers and the total activity is very low.

Also, some GM event might help us too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

Yup I would definitely love some new GM event to stir up some activity.

DeletedUser22685

Almost every new world has requested to be made the recommended server in recent times. Judging by the recent trend, we're close to having a new world opened anyway, which would make this entire point moot as recently opened worlds are almost always recommended for a couple of months after their creation.

To be fair, El Dorado had the shortest lifespan of any new world since 2009. The lack of advertising is the only thing that can really be blamed. Until that's fixed, we're left with very few options.

Snr Sarg

The lack of advertising is the only thing that can really be blamed. Until that's fixed, we're left with very few options.

We could start with blaming lack of advertising.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, however, that believes that it more to do with the almost constant special events and tombolas that, in order to be successful at them, require a significant investment in nuggets.

In particular if you play multiple worlds, it gets too expensive.

Personally, I decided a long time ago to 'pay' for this game the same amount I might spend on a Playstation franchise game each 12 months, so say 40-50 Euros per annum.

I could not possibly compete on multiple worlds with that relatively low payment, and yet at the same time, I also feel that it should be enough and it frustrates me that it isn't.

How many players are put off spending anything on nuggets because they simply can't compete with the big spenders? I know I do.

Personally I would be more inclined to spend more on nuggets if the maximum amount you could buy was capped, so that the big spenders could not run away with it.

Now, commercially, Inno might lose some income from those handful of big payers, but if that encouraged 100 regular players to spend, say, 25 Euros per annum, would that not more than make up for it? Net result would be a higher income for Inno and a happier player population, which in turns leads to more investment from those players and more recommendations/referrals to new players?

Makes sense to me, am I wrong?

PS Sorry for going off the original topic.

DeletedUser

We could start with blaming lack of advertising.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, however, that believes that it more to do with the almost constant special events and tombolas that, in order to be successful at them, require a significant investment in nuggets.

In particular if you play multiple worlds, it gets too expensive.

Personally, I decided a long time ago to 'pay' for this game the same amount I might spend on a Playstation franchise game each 12 months, so say 40-50 Euros per annum.

I could not possibly compete on multiple worlds with that relatively low payment, and yet at the same time, I also feel that it should be enough and it frustrates me that it isn't.

How many players are put off spending anything on nuggets because they simply can't compete with the big spenders? I know I do.

Personally I would be more inclined to spend more on nuggets if the maximum amount you could buy was capped, so that the big spenders could not run away with it.

Now, commercially, Inno might lose some income from those handful of big payers, but if that encouraged 100 regular players to spend, say, 25 Euros per annum, would that not more than make up for it? Net result would be a higher income for Inno and a happier player population, which in turns leads to more investment from those players and more recommendations/referrals to new players?

Makes sense to me, am I wrong?

PS Sorry for going off the original topic.

I used to use many more nuggets than I now do. I have cut right back on events as some items have a ridiculously low drop rate compared to the early sets (Natty etc). I am not willing to be throwing away 1500 - 4500 nuggets just to get an item like Cullen coat when it is in the same bracket as the boots/belts.

I think these events need more price brackets to mirror the price/value of the items, where coats/pants could be worth 400 nuggets instead of 150.

I think these costs and these drop rates are putting more and more people off the game, especailly those who don't want to throw a lot of RL money at an event.