Changes in Auto-Ranking

• Thread starter DeletedUser35120
  • Start date

DeletedUser35120

Idea title: Make Councillors of town captains instead of generals in ATTACKS, same as Defenses.

Details of idea: At the moment whenever a fort battle is initiated, all the hats of the attacking town get a General rank. Could be better if it's the same system as in defenses. Founders getting general ranks and councillors getting captains. So even the non-deserving captain can be deranked to a private.

Visual Aid: Councillors of the town get bars beside their name instead of four stars in the attack...

Reasons for submitting: Attacks initiated by a town having enormous amounts of hats of cause problems in movement and with their enormous amount of generals. This often becomes an alliance issue. Our town for example has 14 hats, all of them deserving, but not just because of fort-fights. They deal with other aspects of the game and look after those areas. But just when they sign up for the Attack they get a general rank which often is seen a biased ranking towards the town. I am sure many other towns have the same problem.. and many other towns complain about other towns as well. And I don't see a reason why councillors of the town will get general ranks in attacks and captain ranks in defenses.

DeletedUser33342

I can't see any contras, but I don't know the reason why they get general rank in attacks.

DeletedUser22685

The reason is to balance out the fact that in defences there will be more than one town with their founders getting general ranks. In an attack, it's presumed that there will be roughly the same amount of black and grey hats in a single attacking town as there are black hats in 2-4 defending towns.

Personally I don't like towns with a bunch of grey hats, partially for this reason but partially for others as well. Fourteen is a lot, but nothing compared to those njub towns who assign a hat to every non-visiting member or every member above level 100 (one njub Colorado town in particular came to mind, but it looks like they've fixed it now).

Honestly I'd have to vote in favour of this idea. There's nothing worse than an offline level 20 general with a rusty musket and 800 HP (people who go out of their way to ask for a captain rank might be worse, but that's a different story). Generally, the problem of no online black hats is more pronounced in defences, as it's entirely possible for a town or two to be inactive.

Attacking is different since a hat has to make the conscious decision to dig a battle. It's fairly likely that if a battle has been planned by a town's leaders, a black hat has set time out of their day to be there and rank. As such I can't really see this having a negative effect on the ranking of attacks.

DeletedUser29831

Plus one from me. But will there be a possibility for giving someone general rank if all generals are online? Let's say 10 minutes before battle, if no general is online, the highest-level capt from defending towns get general rank? Then he can adjust offline ranks as needed.

DeletedUser35120

Plus one from me. But will there be a possibility for giving someone general rank if all generals are online? Let's say 10 minutes before battle, if no general is online, the highest-level capt from defending towns get general rank? Then he can adjust offline ranks as needed.

I can include that in my idea. But I think it can only makes things a bit more complicated. If the Attacking town dug and has no rankers for the FF when it's time.. it's really their fault and they have to endure a bit of trash talk ( :p ) while the captain ranks them privates for the day.

DeletedUser29831

Oh yes, attackers are on their own. I meant defending towns, since they didn't call the attack, so they might not be able to get a general there. Also they might be hald way dead, etc, etc.

DeletedUser35120

I see your point there. Don't know if it's always best to judge the rank by the player's level - but there isn't a alternative either. But yea, your idea is good. I'm yet to think about if it's abusable though. But it's got nothing to do with my idea about the attack's auto-ranking.

DeletedUser22685

Like I said earlier though it's not really a huge problem for defending towns since there's always more than one of them. The chances are at least one of the generals will be online, and if not that town isn't active enough to be an owner/member of a fort anyway.

DeletedUser35120

The chances are at least one of the generals will be online, and if not that town isn't active enough to be an owner/member of a fort anyway.

Yes exactly. Gotta agree with that futu. I was thinking the same actually..

DeletedUser29831

Well, I guess you don't play Briscoe, futu, but I'll make another tread about this later. For now, let's stick with the original one, and as I said, I think it is a good idea.

DeletedUser36559

Yeah good idea last thing we want is a bunch of low levels with rusties.

DeletedUser22685

Well, I guess you don't play Briscoe, futu, but I'll make another tread about this later. For now, let's stick with the original one, and as I said, I think it is a good idea.

You're right, I don't, but I've played on several worlds in the past that were far more inactive than Briscoe. I'm not against your suggestion, but what I said is what came to my mind when I read it.

DeletedUser35120

zd, can you please proceed on this.. i.e a poll or something?