Get People back to Fort Fighting

DeletedUser27568

battle attendance

If you want to get ff attendance up, forget the extra bonds, and stupid worthless chests, that will go to the same few every battle. And really drop ff attendance, "why show up never get a chest" etc.etc.etc

Instead, Give us Cannons, it would take every craft to build, would take minimum of 2 players to operate. With damage done by cannon divided between the 2 operating it. I have all the basics for it' some where. ie; how many rnds to move it, how many cannon balls can it carry etc.etc.

Aiming and shooting the cannons would be just like now in ff's, you could sector aim, or aim a person or part of fort, or wall etc.etc. With each type of cannon having Max distance for shooting, and have max distance. farther away less damage. etc

When a cannon ball hits your square, your tower, or the wall directly in front of you, your dead regardless of hp or clothing set, everyone else 4 squares around get crits.

have 3 models available that were common during the civil war for attackers, and the defenders would have a smaller cannon, easier to move and position inside fort. And a med cannon inside fort.

If a cannon a is hit min. 2 max 4 squares cannon killed, crew critted. maybe even killed. Since I started playing, when fought nekid, before the ff killing tombola's + the gg..
ff was fun.

Now, it sucks, or is completely dead on some worlds, and if not dead it dying a slow painful death!! So Give Us Cannons, ( been suggesting this forever ) Or, reduce the amount of Tombola's and sets..

If ff dies, then I'm done with game.. only reason here playing still..the epic ff's

So THINK ABOUT IT!!

DeletedUser30224

If ff dies, then I'm done with game.. only reason here playing still..the epic ff's

So THINK ABOUT IT!!

While we all agree that something should be done with fort fighting, something should be done with everything else as well. I'm sure I do not need to tell you that duellers do not have it very merry either. But regardless of that, I just want to say that posts like yours will never be taken seriously by the community if you end them with "if it is not fixed, I'm outta here" + the caps lock never helps. Whatever argument you might have built in the previous sentences, it is ruined by your whine.

Regarding your cannons, no god no. How will you expect us to turn up for a fort battle when the cannon has a chance to wipe us with a single shot? I'm not opposed to the cannon idea, but anything that can kill you with one shot will never help with attendance. The cannon could have area (sector) damage, but nothing overpowered.

DeletedUser33342

So why don't we make a thread where we can work out different proposals together?
Instead of someone posting an idea on it's own, lets post it as a "team"?

DeletedUser27568

While we all agree that something should be done with fort fighting, something should be done with everything else as well. I'm sure I do not need to tell you that duellers do not have it very merry either. But regardless of that, I just want to say that posts like yours will never be taken seriously by the community if you end them with "if it is not fixed, I'm outta here" + the caps lock never helps. Whatever argument you might have built in the previous sentences, it is ruined by your whine.

Regarding your cannons, no god no. How will you expect us to turn up for a fort battle when the cannon has a chance to wipe us with a single shot? I'm not opposed to the cannon idea, but anything that can kill you with one shot will never help with attendance. The cannon could have area (sector) damage, but nothing overpowered.

It wasn't a whine, I meant for it to imply "if fort fighting dies completely than yes I will leave the game", as will a lot of players I'm sure, that just ff. Maybe I should have worded it differently.
As far as 1 shot being killed, by cannon, ok that was a bad idea, maybe crit. all 4 squares, or give defenders gatling gun, shows one inside. There are a lot of people bored, not just with ff, but also the clothing sets every holiday it seems. The last set making the sets before worthless.. The advent game, joke, it should go, bring back the poker game.

And duelers not being only one's to crit a player, if your with in 4 squares yeah they get a crit. after that damage goes down to your level skills etc. Soldiers should be able to crit, after all they get weapons 3 -6 levels before everyone else. You would think they could shoot.

And I seen it suggested, change the features or add defensive measures known only to the defenders, I like that, such as tunnels, or defenders throw dynamite from walls, And the gate los. Why are the gates open anyway? I'm sure even a severely mentally challenged general would have closed gates during a battle. And why is there no armory with weapons at the fort? That way if you forgot to equip a weapon, the fort had one, or needed an upgrade. it was there.

Here's a suggestion to make the game more exciting, allow towns banks to be robbed by gangs or other alliance.Then a posse is formed, and they go after them, other alliance towns could get a tele. and start looking for the robbers. When cornered you could shoot it out, get captured. Robbers get hung & 48 hr no rob/ duel ko. Put a max. $$ amount that can be taken. Would also need a way to protect the 1-2 person town.
That would be interesting, robbing stage coaches and town banks, running from a posse. shooting it out.

There are just as many way's to change game & make it more fun, interesting, exciting, as there are people playing. I have heard peeps say, "they ask us what's wrong, but they never fix it". After awhile players just don't care anymore. "I can say, I'll leave & quit game, I have tried twice, but I'm addicted, this game is like crack..

DeletedUser36559

We can come up with the best ideas in the world to improve fort battles but if people won't implement it's best if we don't try.

DeletedUser30224

Capt Red and Micky, you are both right, but alas there's close to nothing we (moderators) can do about it. We like the game and that is why we want to improve it, but the management is preoccupied with other things at the moment, they always seem to be busy with something else not what we are proposing. We can't say that nothing is being done with the game, that nothing ever changes, it does but quite slowly. I'm still waiting for the other adventure game...

DeletedUser25173

I'm still waiting for the other adventure game...
Well many of us are waiting for the damn bear :p.
Anyway I proposed this idea as to be as minor change as possible and to presever some equilibrium, by considering that inno was giving chests before worth today 175 bonds.

DeletedUser37168

What about giving 25/50 bonds letters as a random drop for small number of players in the winners team instead of the chests?

DeletedUser36559

I don't think bonds are the issue here, people can get a lot of bonds while fort fighting esp if you are a dueller.

DeletedUser35120

Yes exactly, if she meant more bonds.. it still won't be so attractive. Those that FF will still FF and just get more bonds. Bond-hoarders.

DeletedUser37168

I meant bonds letters in addition to the bonds we usually get as a reward.
I think it would be more attractive than getting steel linen chests since the drops are not that often something useful.

And if you really want to introduce the attractive reward, I'd suggest making a special chest just for the fort battles, similar to loot chests for the adventures and introduce some new set which can be obtained only through the FF chests.

That new set should be probably something very useful for everyone, not only FFers, for example a set which gives more labor points than the current sets so that everyone has a good reason to collect it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

I meant bonds letters in addition to the bonds we usually get as a reward.
I think it would be more attractive than getting steel linen chests since the drops are not that often something useful.

And if you really want to introduce the attractive reward, I'd suggest making a special chest just for the fort battles, similar to loot chests for the adventures and introduce some new set which can be obtained only through the FF chests.

That new set should be probably something very useful for everyone, not only FFers, for example a set which gives more labor points than the current sets so that everyone has a good reason to collect it.

I'd love an actually powerful set that's obtainable only by battles. That'd be really quite a draw to fort fight, but it'd have to be powerful enough to outstrip all the tombola gear enough to be worth that much of a time investment for most players.

DeletedUser30224

More bonds from battles will just not cut it anymore, we all know that the fastest way of getting more bonds is by playing fort battles and yet we still are not hoarding at the gates to get a piece of the action, which can only mean that we just don't care about bonds that much. The game must be fun, an activity must keep you entertained to keep doing it over and over. Fort battles became boring, more bonds will not change a thing. Rewards are short term fixes, more chests, more money, more bonds, more more more does not solve anything, just teaches the player base to get more greedy. We will not get more satisfied in the long term, we'll just be more hungry.

A powerful set that can only be obtained through fort battles is a short term solution, that would only serve as an advertisement to fort battles, it will not solve anything beyond that. Adventures are rarely filling up with 5 players per team, and that's a game that uses players from all EN servers mind you. It shows that once the short term goal has been achieved, people got their outlaw set, they stopped playing a boring activity. It is boring, demanding and many times annoying activity. I'm not saying that there are no reasons to play adventures anymore after you've got your outlaw set, there are plenty, but if you do not do it, it only means that that particular activity is as interesting to you as watching a game on TV to which you are indifferent one way or the other.

We can suggest as many reward-based motivational boosts to fort battles, but that will not solve the big picture, which is what the developers should by this time be aware of. We want more complexity to fort battle, we want different ways to play and win a battle, we want a challenge and most of all, I want fort battles to be addressed this year and not the next one.

DeletedUser

There are a lot of people who do FFs not for rewards but for the fun and since it has gotten repetitive with the only difference in battles being the number of participants and number of onliners in them (since even a lot of strategies are same now and most players know them well enough to lead themselves). We need some change in the FF concept itself.
I really liked the idea someone posted about a random feature generated in each battle like mud puddles or other obstacles. The feature can be generated randomly when someone digs so people have 24 hours to discuss the strategy before the battle begins. This will make the battles exciting. A lot of random features like mud puddles, cracks in walls making one (or more) wall sectors weaker than usual, holes in towers that change the current LoS aspects, etc.

DeletedUser36559

Yeah its always the same old same old, anything which makes it more complex or different strategies to win certain battles is what we need. We could have trees, barricades in the way, Attackers have to break open gates before LOS is found, make fort battle skills more efficient to allow a variety of builds, increase the xp limit of 4.5k according to how well you have done in battle- dodges, damage, hit ratio,

Sure we can have a new set but as we have seen in adventurers once people have got the set they won't bother playing anymore. Also I'm sure there's a 100% chance new sets will come and they won't release a set from FF's only and make it better than any new event sets. Steel lined chests contain nothing valuable nowadays thanks to sets.

DeletedUser25173

Well than what about changing the dynamics of a FF, with or without touching the current skill system.
Difference:
1. make the FF screening like the advetures maybe a littlebit smaller but 3D.
2. allow builders of the attacking side to build barricades/cannons/etc, in the 24 hours of the timer.
3. allow builders of the defensive side to build barricades/cannons/etc, in the 24 hours of the timer.
4. Cannons to be aimed before battle start and towers/walls/buildings to be even destroyed/damaged by the battle (in fact you win a Fort and it is immaculate like nothing happened).
5. Cannons can be reaimed but require 4 players to be in the sector and the highest ranked can reaim it (those players/or the aimer may not be allowed to move that round).
6. Allow moving barricades that require 6 people to move them and can be moved from the highest ranking player. People on the sector have 2X dodging possibility, avventurers 50% more (premium 100%).
6. Require mostly crafted materials for the building.
7. Allow two shots from near sector players (1 rifle and 1 pistol/dagger).
etc.

Changed the main idea using your great ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

1. make the FF screening like the advetures maybe a littlebit smaller but 3D.
2. allow builders of the attacking side to build barricades/cannons/etc, in the 24 hours of the timer.
3. allow builders of the defensive side to build barricades/cannons/etc, in the 24 hours of the timer.
4. Cannons to be aimed before battle start and towers/walls/buildings to be even destroyed/damaged by the battle (in fact you win a Fort and it is immaculate like nothing happened).
5. Cannons can be reaimed but require 4 players to be in the sector and the highest ranked can reaim it (those players/or the aimer may not be allowed to move that round).
6. Allow moving barricades that require 6 people to move them and can be moved from the highest ranking player. People on the sector have 2X dodging possibility, avventurers 50% more (premium 100%).
6. Require mostly crafted materials for the building.
7. Allow two shots from near sector players (1 rifle and 1 pistol/dagger).

If by 3d you mean 2d with better graphics I agree. I say that because even the adventurers are not really 3d, it's a 2d game like chess where you have tiles you can move on.

2 and 3 can be tried at least, it's not a bad concept but depending on whether you allow attackers to be seen through the gate or not, it will force the fort to always build barricades on left and right walls, while attackers will come from left or right side as usual.

4 constructing cannons that are fired before the battle starts at certain positions in the fort is not a bad idea either, but I'm unsure if the fort should be damaged. Instead you should lower the bonus of that particular spot on the wall or tower by a certain amount that is valid for the duration of the battle. Needless to say, you should not have many shots, maybe just one in total.

5 disagree here unless hiring a cannon makes relatively small damage, but it's an area damage instead. Again, I don't think there should be more than one cannon at any time.

6 if a cannon can fire during battle, you should be able to move the barricade as well, otherwise barricades should not be used.

6(again) any products could be used to build these contraptions just like building anything in the game.

7 More damage is not necessarily a good thing, but that might introduce the concept of not getting too close. However if you have to protect the flag, you are getting close all the time. A blocker is always close as well, so I do not really think it'd be a good idea.

I would also be ok with a bit of randomness on the starting positions of the attackers. In current setup you cannot start in the north sectors, I don't see why that should always be the case. That would also mean that the gate should be moved as well. It does not have to be random, the fort owners could be able to change the gate and the starting positions (moving gate would require rebuilding it, thus resources).

These little things could spice the battles up, and I don't think they would be very hard to implement either.

DeletedUser29082

cannon is a great idea, instant kills just suck, cannons if they could be introduced should only do wall, tower and gate damage allowing a earlier rush, but first of all balance for defences vs attacks would have to be restored.

As for cannons on the defense side could be used to block a sector maybe? nice idea though.

DeletedUser36559

cannon is a great idea, instant kills just suck, cannons if they could be introduced should only do wall, tower and gate damage allowing a earlier rush, but first of all balance for defences vs attacks would have to be restored.

As for cannons on the defense side could be used to block a sector maybe? nice idea though.

It's a nightmare trying to collect products for fort buildings I think it's best if no wall, gate and tower damage is done.