Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser35120

The reward system sucked before and it sucks just as much now, but at least it's no longer bordering on abuse. Inno needs to do some serious work on it.

And I hope they start their serious work soon.. really.

Tbh, I kind of suspected this was coming (Not so hard to guess with the top rank players complaining, and rightly so). But see, as usual, a large base of players will really stop adventuring now.. just probably waiting for the event to end, cause it's a good source of flowers. I just hope they add something considerable to the VP shop before it turns out to be the same as poker/FF maneuver. Yes people are still playing to gather the Outlaw pieces.. but how long till they actually get the full set and lose interest?

Zuluski

FYI, there have been some changes made to the UPS items available to players using veteran points - http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=729495#post729495

Lets face it, eventhough i was not a fan of an xp potion from the start being available in the shop, especially for 500 vet points, right now you may as well get rid of vet points alltogether. We all know how many people buy mojo with vet points and as far as loot chest for 5000 points, it was a tempting proposition when people did not have any of the adventure set items and they bought loots from the shop or from the market in hope of getting those outlaw items.

Right now most people that play or played the adventures regularly, have all or at least most of the outlaw set items in their inventories so the appeal of a loot chest for them has gone down considerably. In other words, loot chest is not worth 5000 vet points anymore since if i have to play on average around 25 games to be able to buy a loot and run the possibility of getting a tax refund of $720, clover leaf or any other boosts, it simply does not compute anymore.

My suggestion would be to either decrease the price of the loot chest considerably, bring back the xp potion but offer it at much higher price or add another item or items that could be purchased with vet points and provide an interesting alternative to mojo and a loot chest.

Right now, you have decreased the choice of available items that can be purchased with vet points by a third, leaving us with mojo which nobody wanted and very few bought and a loot chest that loses its value with every passing day.

Adventures were a cool alternative to other The West activities. Now, at least for me in its present form, with the products on offer for vet points, adventures have become a total waste of time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8627

More items will eventually be made available for veteran points. At this point I cannot say when, but it will happen soon enough.

DeletedUser35120

More items will eventually be made available for veteran points. At this point I cannot say when, but it will happen soon enough.

Hope they are not the boosts we get from loot chests..... or any other item we get from loot chests, really.

Zuluski

let's be perfectly honest here. Inno made a huge mistake by offering the xp potion especially at such a low price and we all got spoiled by it.

Most people played adventures not because they love this one available map so much, they did not play adventures because they loved people that quit during the game, they played it because of a huge carrot available to them in the form of a cheap 1% xp.

It's not a players mistake that we were given a cheap xp potion. It's Inno's mistake so let's see what Inno comes up with as an equally attractive alternative to an xp potion that may be interesting enough to keep the adventures alive.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3853873

Ill be honest,I only played the game for last few weeks because of the potions. Since i can not win any chest anymore or my horse it was the only reason to play it.I see no reason to play it now ,like 25 wins to buy a chest and get a mojo or tax refund.i dont use mojos at all and if there isnt going to bea exp potion maybe they could add like 50 exp or something to a game when you play,atm you get no exp for doing it.
I am sure the new policy will make all the whiners very happy and some of us really sad lol.Wish I bought more of the potions lol.

DeletedUser

Yes people are still playing to gather the Outlaw pieces.. but how long till they actually get the full set and lose interest?

Not very long for me. Finally got the horse and finished my set and am cutting way back now. Will probably do a couple a day.

I am glad they removed the potions of minor wisdom. Never bought any as I just saved for the chests. I think they were a bad idea. They do need to add something to replace it soon though. Adventure buffs would be good, so that fort buffs can go back to being for forts only.

Also, the 'Rush on Tombstone' adventure gets old pretty quick when you are the low level guy ( just reached lvl 60 ) and spend a lot of time running around the bank / saloon because all the level 100 players will ko you on the mill in a few turns. As level plays such a big role in your skills, and leveled weapons add on top of that, it is not so fun that way. With the full Outlaw set ( minus the rifle as it does so much less damage than a precise weapon ) at least I seem to dodge quite a few more shots, so it is not as bad as it was in the beginning.

Hopefully, the next adventure will be a co-operative one like the 'bear hunt' they have talked about, and that will at least add something that is more fun for lower level people.

DeletedUser36559

I'm very sad to see this.. http://prntscr.com/56afwn, 13 mins now as we speak.

It was coming, It's pretty obvious the majority of high level players play it solely because of those xp potions nothing to do with interaction with players or loot chests. Well I don't see any reason to play adventurers now in terms of the rewards currently available and I didn't even bother trying to get outlaw set because it was inevitable Inno were going to remove those xp potions one way or the other but by doing this you have another game which will die like poker.

asdf124

that shows exactly why people played adventures whether one likes it or not and it also shows how difficult it may be to replace the potions and get the adventure numbers up again.

Well than, why remove them when you can raise the points needed?

Just raise the cost, if you think about it, time is being spent on em. The only reason now people would play is either for raising the vp's for whatever imaginary item/items it is going to be.

Have it 10k for a potion than :p.

Honestly, the potions needed to go. It's ridiculous that it was possible to level so rapidly whilst going about your other actions as normal and not expending any energy or HP. It was basically as though they'd added an exp reward to fort manoeuvres.

You could make it like ff's but instead, you just can't change gear.

The risk factor would be being dueled or you would be in an ff.

As other suggested and that refreshing wouldn't get you out of it.

Removing an item recklessly shouldn't be a solution.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well than, why remove them when you can raise the points needed?

Just raise the cost, if you think about it, time is being spent on em. The only reason now people would play is either for raising the vp's for whatever imaginary item/items it is going to be.

Have it 10k for a potion than :p.

Removing an item recklessly shouldn't be a solution.

As mentioned in the announcement post linked by Da Twista, the xp potions were removed from the VP shop because they were only available in EN and ZZ and not available in other markets. To keep markets unbiased and at par with one another is a good reason. Inno's mistake was not that they removed the potions, it was making them available in the first place. They added it to the VP shop to lure more players so mass balance testing could be done in EN and now that most of the opinions are voiced and a lot of kinks are sorted, they've removed the bait.

asdf124

As mentioned in the announcement post linked by Da Twista, the xp potions were removed from the VP shop because they were only available in EN and ZZ and not available in other markets. To keep markets unbiased and at par with one another is a good reason. Inno's mistake was not that they removed the potions, it was making them available in the first place. They added it to the VP shop to lure more players so mass balance testing could be done in EN and now that most of the opinions are voiced and a lot of kinks are sorted, they've removed the bait.

I see, well, than why not just make em available everywhere than?

Have it priced high as well.

Ripwise

I see, well, than why not just make em available everywhere than?

Have it priced high as well.

Because xp potions shouldnt be in adventures in the first place. Adventures are a side game, it doesnt take energy and it can be played while performing other activities ingame so getting so much xp in couple of adventures is just to big of a reward.

DeletedUser8627

I think some may be confused by this situation we have dearly found ourselves in.

'Recklessly' removing an item from the shop may not be a solution, nor was it reckless, but it did remove a problem. I spent a considerable amount of time - more time than I usually give up for trivial issues like these. I have also followed this thread very closely reading through all the feedback we received, some very good and some bad but both are always appreciated since we want to make this game better for you!

XP potions turned out to be a menace at the end. First off it messes around with those players who actually earned the right to be at level 150, players continuously AFK a game to get veteran points to buy potions. I found that XP potions are not really a problem for lower level players under 100 but a massive problem for those between level 130 - 150. A player at that level gains a huge advantage and can quite quickly race through levels that were supposed to be the longest part of their game.

Something you may want to consider as well, you have had the opportunity to play adventures for just over a month now, yet adventures was only officially released on all The West a few days back. But with the EN launch, we didn't bait players to play adventures with XP potions, we are able to suck as much feedback out our playerbase by just releasing the feature that everyone was waiting for. We did quite a bit of advertising and it was a well anticipated feature to begin with.

Already there were quite a few complaints about the 20% drop rate on loot chests. Now do you see why it's lowered from the 100% it was initially on beta? Players don't want to play anymore because they gain 'nothing' of value since they own the full item set already. But this is still the very early stages of probably one of the biggest features this game will ever see. InnoGames is following the same route they followed with other larger features that were previously released - the core elements are installed, players play them, provide feedback and we work on that to upgrade the feature into something bigger. With more upgrades, we can see a lot more maps - a lot more features within adventures and of course a lot more prizes. This takes time obviously.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue a point. As the Community Manager I've made the decision to remove an item that was causing problems. Many are unhappy about this decision but it's for the greater good of the community and not just those individual players wanting to take a quick advantage while abusing adventures for an item.

Just to mention again, in the near future we will see a lot more items being made available using veteran points. I cannot at this point say what items or when, but I do have some influence in those decision and will certainly voice my opinions. Furthermore, since Adventures are a global feature, myself and the GM admin team will be discussing a new GM event which can include all players from all worlds. With my GM events - you must know, there will be some hot prizes up for grabs.

DeletedUser30032

Booo!!!

I usually read and NEVER post, but this high handedness forces me to do so.

I am a non paying customer of innogames as I only invest my TIME and not real life money.
I will be including my thoughts in the following quote as I see fit.

I think some may be confused by this situation we have dearly found ourselves in.

'Recklessly' removing an item from the shop may not be a solution, nor was it reckless, but it did remove a problem. I spent a considerable amount of time - more time than I usually give up for trivial issues like these. I have also followed this thread very closely reading through all the feedback we received, some very good and some bad but both are always appreciated since we want to make this game better for you!
The move to remove XP potions all of a sudden WAS reckless as was the addition, you might word it differently but the proper way would have been an advance notice or a replacement which was equally rewarding to the majority of the players. Accept it, that a mistake has been made, not once but twice.

XP potions turned out to be a menace at the end. First off it messes around with those players who actually earned the right to be at level 150, players continuously AFK a game to get veteran points to buy potions.( Who gave you the idea that all those AFK players were after the potion, IMO most of them were after loot chests to collect gear.) I found that XP potions are not really a problem for lower level players under 100 but a massive problem for those between level 130 - 150. A player at that level gains a huge advantage and can quite quickly race through levels that were supposed to be the longest part of their game.

Something you may want to consider as well, you have had the opportunity to play adventures for just over a month now, yet adventures was only officially released on all The West a few days back. But with the EN launch, we didn't bait players to play adventures with XP potions, we are able to suck as much feedback out our playerbase by just releasing the feature that everyone was waiting for. We did quite a bit of advertising and it was a well anticipated feature to begin with. (So basically you are openly stating that English servers were used as experimental rats to test out the game and we have to be thankful for that.)

Already there were quite a few complaints about the 20% drop rate on loot chests. Now do you see why it's lowered from the 100% it was initially on beta? Players don't want to play anymore because they gain 'nothing' of value since they own the full item set already.
Having the full set is NOT the main issue, the repetitive nature of the game and the inability to sell the multiples IS.But this is still the very early stages of probably one of the biggest features this game will ever see. InnoGames is following the same route they followed with other larger features that were previously released - the core elements are installed, players play them, provide feedback and we work on that to upgrade the feature into something bigger. With more upgrades, we can see a lot more maps - a lot more features within adventures and of course a lot more prizes. This takes time obviously.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue a point. As the Community Manager I've made the decision to remove an item that was causing problems. Many are unhappy about this decision but it's for the greater good of the community and not just those individual players wanting to take a quick advantage while abusing adventures for an item.

No one is arguing, it is a discussion which usually falls on deaf ears. And if there is no choice to speak even, maybe an ambiguous announcement would have sufficed.And spending more time clicking is NOT abusing in any way. Players were given a choice and some took it.Kindly do not blame your customers (paying or not), without them this game will cease to exist.

Just to mention again, in the near future we will see a lot more items being made available using veteran points. I cannot at this point say what items or when, but I do have some influence in those decision and will certainly voice my opinions. Furthermore, since Adventures are a global feature, myself and the GM admin team will be discussing a new GM event which can include all players from all worlds. With my GM events - you must know, there will be some hot prizes up for grabs.

Hot prizes for top 3 or 5, LMAO, you forgot the hundreds or maybe thousands who used to get a little something everytime they played.

I foresee a massive decline in adventure playing, the moment the current event is finished. Right now the most rewarding feature is the extra flowers one receives via them.
Anyways, i have bared my thoughts and feel free to blame me , issue negative rep or warnings or consider it as a rant.
I just hope that the game will grow and official looking persons get off their high horses, atleast occasionally.

DeletedUser

i think there should be a level limit to be able to play adventures, like at least a level you can get a left handed weapon, instead of players only at level 4 only able to get a pebble, its not fair to the rest of the team to have that weak of a link.

Deleted User - 1693871

I agree with Ashuji. The 1% experience potions were put into the VP shop by Inno, and would have better been left out altogether. It was completely foreseeable that players would make use of them. They were not abusing anything doing so.

DeletedUser36559

There is always a reason why they even put those 1% xp potions in VP shop. At least if you are gonna put them, then remove them don't accuse players of abusing the system while they were still available. If it's abuse what was the point of placing them in the VP shop in the first place?

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise what 'abuse' meant in the context of the text.

Last edited by a moderator: