Pint-West

• Thread starter DeletedUser10095
  • Start date

DeletedUser10095

Proposal
I propose that we can "pin" any item or gear to the "New" section of the inventory.

Current Workaround
Currently, once new items have populated the "New" section, you must scroll through or search for the item that you want, made especially tedious when the item (like a buff) is not searchable.

Details
The idea seems simple. At the bottom of the "New" section there could be a "Pin/Unpin" button. Once pressed, or checked, or activated in some way, the next item that you selected becomes "pinned" to the "new" section until you unpin it.

Abuse Prevention
Can't think of an abuse

Visual Aids
There could just be a pin, or something more West-ish if necessary, indicating that an item is pinned.

Summary
I have repeatedly had to search for frequently used buffs which is cumbersome when an inventory is large. I would very much enjoy having frequently used items more readily accessible. This could also be very helpful in reminding players to use the flowerpot or valentines bag or any similar upcoming event item.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser34295

I don't see any negative aspects of this - meaning it would only improve the game for those who want it and do nothing for those who might not use it! So, it's a +1 from me :)

DeletedUser

Desperately needed this. There is some stuff that cannot be equipped so difficult to save them in Equipment sets, and it becomes a pain to use search bar repeatedly. Big thumbs up

DeletedUser10095

It seems that the idea is well received, pun and all.

Unless you need more input, go ahead and put it up for voting. I haven't thought of anything I'd add.

DeletedUser36559

It seems that the idea is well received, pun and all.

Unless you need more input, go ahead and put it up for voting. I haven't thought of anything I'd add.

Maybe instead of adding it to the new list add it in a separate list of 'pinned' items.

DeletedUser

Maybe instead of adding it to the new list add it in a separate list of 'pinned' items.

I like this version a little more than the original. There could be a separate tab where you can bookmark or pin items instead of having them take up the space in the 'new' tab.

DeletedUser22685

I agree, the New tab is often useful for its intended purpose. Trying to find room for another inventory tab icon might be difficult, though.

MFRavenhawk

I agree, the New tab is often useful for its intended purpose. Trying to find room for another inventory tab icon might be difficult, though.

Assuming that the icons at the top of this pic are the result of a script and not something intrinsic to the window itself (http://prntscr.com/53iefy), then it would be a simple matter to add two new boxes.

First box would separate 'consumables' (buffs, chests, recipes, etc) from the rest of the products.

Second box would be the 'pint-west' field....otherwise, adding the pinning (either as a script or as an in-screen icon if these are inno items) with the dollar, cookie, recipe, and shirt at the top shouldnt be too difficult (where clicking that icon shows all pinned items with no need for a new tab on the window).

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

Ah, I forgot about that script. I never re-installed it after Chrome disabled non-web store extensions and I had to download Tampermonkey.

Those buttons look decidedly script-like, but I suppose it should be easy for Inno to come up with something better looking in their place.

DeletedUser

Yea that script already does the function which we're trying to achieve here; it has a separate tab that shows consumables, separate tab for recipes and another where you can select any set in the game from a drop down box (as long as you have an item of that set in your inventory) and it will show you only items of that set. But I guess we can't ask every player to depend on an outside script to achieve this.

DeletedUser22685

I don't like the fact that we have to depend on scripts for anything. If I were the devs, I'd be paying attention to the popular scripts that people rely on daily and implementing all of their features into the game itself. That wouldn't be very time consuming, and would be quite useful as players have already demonstrated a need for those features to exist.

DeletedUser32991

what about making those stuff searchable :D
Nice idea anyways