Nugget Price Change

DeletedUser

Am I being stupid, or am I missing something?
This is what the post says...
Some good news for EN players - from today prices for nugget packages have been revised on all markets and I'm happy to announce that we can see a decrease in price for our nugget packages here on EN.

GBP
Before After
£3.99 £2.49
£4.99 £2.99
£9.99
£7.49
£18.99 £15.49
£44.99 £37.99
£69.99 £59.99
I have highlighted the one I am interested in. According to this, I should have been charged £7.49, and yet I was charged £9.99
The post was created yesterday and I bought my nuggets today.
It's not a huge deal, but I would like to know what has gone wrong, just to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.

DeletedUser22685

The prices are being changed on the 6th, as far as I know.

Deleted User - 3853873

The way I am reading the whole post,nothing is really changing,cause you pay less but also get less nuggets.If you got to bottom of post that shows the change on how many nuggets you get, so why even change it lol. I paid 69.99 for 2750 yesterday new price is 54.99 for 2600. so might save a little but not really much since they also lowered the nuggets you get. We should all just play on beta where they are lot cheaper and so is stuff in bond shop lol.

DeletedUser

In the new packages the per nugget prices are lower. The decrease in nuggets is lower than the proportional decrease in prices.

Beta is a test server and not an actual gameplay server. Theoretically it could be reset anytime, and I wish it was reset atleast once every year.

DeletedUser

The way I am reading the whole post,nothing is really changing,cause you pay less but also get less nuggets.If you got to bottom of post that shows the change on how many nuggets you get, so why even change it lol. I paid 69.99 for 2750 yesterday new price is 54.99 for 2600. so might save a little but not really much since they also lowered the nuggets you get. We should all just play on beta where they are lot cheaper and so is stuff in bond shop lol.

Even with the lower amount of nuggets there is about 17% fall in prices (in the case you gave) which is a significant reduction.

Deleted User - 3853873

In the new packages the per nugget prices are lower. The decrease in nuggets is lower than the proportional decrease in prices.

Beta is a test server and not an actual gameplay server. Theoretically it could be reset anytime, and I wish it was reset atleast once every year.

You are correct, I think the price is much lower on beta so people will spend a little money and with it being lower there new stuff gets tested more.I am surprised really they charge anything on beta , if it was free the new stuff would get tested even more lol.
I did notice after my last post that you pay less now and do get more nuggets for your money , wish I waited to buy mine, but oh well next time I have the money to spend I will get more for my money thank you inno.:)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies. Not really bothered about it that much, it's just that when I read the post, I got the impressions that the change was made yesterday. It does actually say, "From today" and that post was yesterday...

DeletedUser22685

You are correct, I think the price is much lower on beta so people will spend a little money and with it being lower there new stuff gets tested more.I am surprised really they charge anything on beta , if it was free the new stuff would get tested even more lol.

The cheaper nugget prices on Beta are indeed for testing purposes. However, they have the unfortunate side effect of appealing to people to play Beta as their main world. It's this njub-like behaviour that caused the Beta server to be essentially useless for many years, as the players there were too busy having alliance wars and accruing incredible amounts of wealth and experience to actually provide feedback on new features. The new Beta management team have done an excellent job of reorienting the test server so that it once again serves its intended purpose, but if nuggets were made free, the Beta server would essentially kill off every other regular market.

Many people share PJ's opinion that the Beta worlds should be regularly reset in order to prevent people from abusing it, but I'm afraid that after never having been reset in the last 6+ years, to do so now would cause more harm than good.

MFRavenhawk

Thanks for the replies. Not really bothered about it that much, it's just that when I read the post, I got the impressions that the change was made yesterday. It does actually say, "From today" and that post was yesterday...

You apparently missed the caveat posted at the bottom:

Da Twista said:
Please note that any nugget purchases done before the change takes place will not allow the player any compensation of any sort. If you wish to purchase nuggets using the new nugget prices, you will need to purchase them within the allocated time after the change takes place.

Which basically means that while the change in pricing was announce and perhaps even planned for yesterday, when it actually occurs was still subject to revision.

DeletedUser24556

Good news???

In Germany I pay the same money for less nuggets now (950 instead of 1.000 before). What's good with that I wonder?
Means IF I still buy nuggets.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Any informed buyer would check all the options before making a decision.

DeletedUser24556

Any informed buyer would check all the options before making a decision.

Could you explain this please? Maybe I'm not informed, I only know I get less nuggets for my money. What options?

DeletedUser

The default option for nuggets is your country's currency, but nothing is stopping you from choosing the other currency options

DeletedUser24556

How's that supposed to work? I can't pay in UK£ from Germany?!
Anyway I only get 950 nuggets instead of 1.000. Why is it 50 nuggets less now?

Ciocarlia

There is something really wrong with this new packages.
Even if you choose GB the exchange rate shows very clear that you actually pay the same amount for less nuggets.
While on local servers you still have the option to buy 1000 for the same price.

DeletedUser34295

I don't know what you're all experiencing, but where I'm from (Sweden) they lowered the prices more than the amount, meaning the price-per-nugget has indeed been lowered.

Yes, smaller packs of nuggets, but that's weighed up by the more-than-so lowered prices!

DeletedUser

There is something really wrong with this new packages.
Even if you choose GB the exchange rate shows very clear that you actually pay the same amount for less nuggets.
While on local servers you still have the option to buy 1000 for the same price.

The price depends on the servers location.

Your country servers will have the local VAT. The .net servers have Deutschland VAT (19%) and the payments are made on that value... even that you can use any other currency than the Euro.
So if your country has a VAT over 19% you will get there nuggets for a higher price than on .net servers. If it is lower than that, you will get more nuggets for the same price.
On the servers that use other currencies, there was a little adjustment based on the currency value against the Euro.

So you will have different prices not based on your payment option but on the server where you are playing.

If you pay in Pounds on .net servers you will get the same amount of nuggets than the ones that pay Euros. But you will pay less since the Pound has a higher value than the Euro.

DeletedUser24556

@killado

Please tell me what countries get more nuggets after this change.
In Germany it's 50 nuggets less too (when buying 1.000 resp. 950 now).

I can't believe this was made as benefit for the users, inno just wants to earn even more money.

DeletedUser

I always look at the day's exchange rates before I buy and I often find that Can $ is the best rate to buy at. The only thing you will find if you pay in a currency other than your bank account is you will incur a small foreign exchange fee by your bank.

DeletedUser

@killado

Please tell me what countries get more nuggets after this change.
In Germany it's 50 nuggets less too (when buying 1.000 resp. 950 now).

I can't believe this was made as benefit for the users, inno just wants to earn even more money.

On the .br (brazilian servers) there was a big price cut.
On the .ru servers there was a big hike.

On the european servers there was a small raise due to VAT rules been implemented and due to the taxes within the european union. (like i say before, countries with VAT over 19% got a bigger cut on the nuggets and a raise in price) (Britain is out but since the pound is higher and the fees where reduced for those payments, don´t know the values on the other markets)

Obviously they made a raise on the single price... that happens every year everywhere.

PS- And take note on asking for information from your banks. Most european banks will start to ask for a BIG fee when you make payments on other currencies. Or you need to buy one of there special credit cards...