Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser4357

first 1-2 days i played this game i said : what great fun game is this...
Now i say what ridiculous game is this....

WHY ?

Cause game creators LOST THE BALANCE AT ALL........ this game is only for people with special guns and who knows what...

When a player even lev 150 have around 3100-3200 HP players with special guns have 4500-5500...
When most players inflict around 300-350 dmg , players with special guns inflict 500-700 dmg (max when crit) my last battle my team lost from ONE ENEMY basically that had 4500 and shots 500-650 (i got those for sure) , SO WHY TO PLAY ?
SIMPLE FREE players like me WHY TO PLAY ?

WHY DONT YOU PUT SPECIAL PLAYERS PLAY ONLY AGAINST SPECIAL PLAYERS ???????
Why we have to feel SO RIDICULOUS cause we dont have special gun ???????????

I played 15-20 games and in all games special players was in OTHER TEAM, when my team had a special player , enemy team had 2 special players .... just luck or protection for precious special players ?

Game creators ALERT : without game balance VERY FEW WILL REMAIN OT PLAY... I DONT WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE FOR A WEEK OR SO....

DeletedUser20688

I have to echo Wild Spirit's criticism. It's very valid.

Once again, the main flaw with this new edition reflects the main flaw with this game overall. It's the basic principle I have in my mind when I play now (unfortunately): "When you munch the nugs - you always win."

It's an axiom at this point in The West 2.0.

More specifically, for example, if you have the "Dragon rifle" you will not lose an Adventure. You'll crit 650+ probably every turn. No one can stand up to you.

Please do not rebut with the rarity argument. It's irrelevant because the condition exists regardless of the rarity of the gun. The pallor that is cast on the game, particularly to new players with an ounce of sense, is that you must pay to win.

DeletedUser

...is that you must pay to win.

Albeit there's is no winning in a game that never ends. ;)

But the point is valid. It's made worse by allowing multiple worlds to play. That means several opportunities to encounter weapons which far far outclass the 'basic' player.

A great attempt at adding more real-time PvP action to the game, but several 'balance' issues exist that would need addressing before the larger player-base will adopt wholeheartedly.

Here's an idea: Instead of pitting players against each other (the game is full of that already), why not have an adventure which is purely cooperative? All players against a really smart NPC team? Some kind of team-based scavenger-hunt? Dunno, but something that removes the strife factor?

Or heck, a very simple solution to the existing adventure: EVERYONE has the same HP, EVERYONE does the same damage, EVERYONE has the same chance to hit or miss? THEN, you'd get teams playing for the pleasure of competing at an even chance of winning! THEN you'd see strategy (and teamwork) winning out over brute force.

DeletedUser29082

I can understand people upset about balance but nothing is balanced, real money being spent in games to get a edge you just have to deal with, its in most games these days, I dont have a special weapon and the team i have been on have won plenty of games without.

DeletedUser29831

My two biggest issues:
Why do some players make both their actions before my first? So OK, I'm on a slow network, so I queue last. Then let me have one move before the guy next to me has gotten off both, or all three of his shots.

Ingame chat: If you mistakenly x it, it can't get back for the rest of the game.

DeletedUser20688

I can understand people upset about balance but nothing is balanced, real money being spent in games to get a edge you just have to deal with, its in most games these days, I dont have a special weapon and the team i have been on have won plenty of games without.

Considering that you are a leader on this forum is upsetting. The last two times I played with you on my team you spend 15+ rounds repeatedly berating players that didn't understand what to do. That's the other unpleasant scenario about this game. It doesn't surprise me at all that you just brush off this balance issue so tritely.

I've played this game for almost 5 years - I refuse to just walk away. I guess I'll just have to put up with this crap regardless of the current tenor.

DeletedUser36011

I have to echo Wild Spirit's criticism. It's very valid.

It's an axiom at this point in The West 2.0.

More specifically, for example, if you have the "Dragon rifle" you will not lose an Adventure. You'll crit 650+ probably every turn. No one can stand up to you.

I will start with saying, I do have a special gun.

The game uses a system where it uses levels as a balance, cant say about the gun. However I've been in games(which have a full complement of non-afk players) against 1 special rifle, 2 special rifles and 3 special rifles vs just the one special rifle. Yes the degree off difficulty is increased against the player who has a special rifle but they are certainly not impossible.

I've lost being against no special weapons, and won whilst being outnumbered by them. It's about how you play against them. Nothing in the game forces you to engage the player who has the special weapon consistently. Play smartly and it isn't a huge issue.

Nothing forces you to play the adventures either, if you dont like the system as it is right now, you dont have to play them, just campaign for change. Sadly though with the rewards that are on offer for so little it really makes you want to play them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33353

I will start with saying, I do have a special gun.

The game uses a system where it uses levels as a balance, cant say about the gun. However I've been in games(which have a full complement of non-afk players) against 1 special rifle, 2 special rifles and 3 special rifles vs just the one special rifle. Yes the degree off difficulty is increased against the player who has a special rifle but they are certainly not impossible.

I've lost being against no special weapons, and won whilst being outnumbered by them. It's about how you play against them. Nothing in the game forces you to engage the player who has the special weapon consistently. Play smartly and it isn't a huge issue.

Nothing forces you to play the adventures either, if you dont like the system as it is right now, you dont have to play them, just campaign for change. Sadly though with the rewards that are on offer for so little it really makes you want to play them.

Just adding a thought here......I have battled against Pty on these things(I usually have a Cullens rifle equipped), I have lost a few and won a few. It is fun imo to see peeps from other worlds to be on a team.

DeletedUser36011

Just adding a thought here......I have battled against Pty on these things(I usually have a Cullens rifle equipped), I have lost a few and won a few. It is fun imo to see peeps from other worlds to be on a team.

Yep it is nice, with Kidd I can certainly vouch for losing :mad: and winning against me :D

To add some stats to it though. As a rough representation when I play against a single special gun I probably seem to win 75-80% of the time. Against two(with only one on my side) its around 40-50%.

To put numbers on how many times I've played against such set ups. About 40% seem to be against a special rifle. I'v played over 150 adventures so far and BITEME12 is probably my most frequent opponent(played against him at least 40 times) ;)

DeletedUser29082

Considering that you are a leader on this forum is upsetting. The last two times I played with you on my team you spend 15+ rounds repeatedly berating players that didn't understand what to do. That's the other unpleasant scenario about this game. It doesn't surprise me at all that you just brush off this balance issue so tritely.

I've played this game for almost 5 years - I refuse to just walk away. I guess I'll just have to put up with this crap regardless of the current tenor.

No i wasn't berating players that didn't understand what to do, i did get a bit annoyed with a couple of players refusing to play as a team, its something that does wind me up, but ill work on that and keep it to myself.

If any players are unsure how to play please contact us and ill run through the game with you to the best of my ability.

Sorry for the brush off but its just a fact that nugget munchers are always going to be about and have a advantage, I just don't see the point to complain about something that is here and wont change, surly its better to focus on issues that we might be able to get changed.

DeletedUser35520

the problem with the argument is that it is simply not true across the board. i have been a part of games that have 3 players with special weapons and regardless of winning or loosing, not a single one of them was the cause. I use ludwigs rifle and have topped 10k damage a few times myself. If you run into someone with a special weapon, then the best thing you can do is have your team concentrate their fire on the individual and take them out ASAP. If you find yourself in a one on one fight, then run around the building in circles until help arrives. Its part of the game and complaining about the use of those items will do no good, because they are here and will continue to be. Same as those who have had Hank's Rifle drop from loot chests, have more HP or chance for crit an the rest of us, just part of it

DeletedUser

Golden gun

I don't fully understand what they said about the Golden Gun.The 2nd Bonuses count.Can someone explain this?

DeletedUser

Attributes

Does anyone know how much attributes help?
For example a Golden Gun is a +2 for each attribute.

asdf124

I think they should add one more thing to the strength disadvantage: lower movement.

Because, if they have less mobility, they should have less movement speed it would kinda balance it too.

And why am I getting the worst luck?

Last loot chests in one world:

Mojo, potion of minor wisdom, refund, lucky clover, product boost, luck boost and a steel lined box. Is it because I am level 40? :p

But what if I played well in the adventure and I should be rewarded with a good prize!

I mean, I see peeps who just disconnect and than get better items than I do which is seriously whack.

Deleted User - 3853873

twisty has post on forums to shows noobs how to play,wish thier was some way to make people have to read it before they que.you try to help them and they cuss at you thinking your being bossy.not being a boss people just like to try and win lol,and if you cant follow orders in a game forget life lol. and to last post i dont think you see to many people that disconnect get good prizes,they have to win the match and the ones that do that usually lose it for thier team.you need all the players working as a team to win most these matches unless it is one that is really unbalanced which happens too.its hard to over come a match if someone just leaves or dc,then your down a player.

asdf124

You have 20% chances of dropping a loot chest.

I had seen a player just seems to connect than leaves all of a sudden.

he bragged about what he got.

DeletedUser35520

You have 20% chances of dropping a loot chest.

I had seen a player just seems to connect than leaves all of a sudden.

he bragged about what he got.

well then the team he was against was much worse off apparently, because as mentioned, if a team has a disconnected player, it almost always equals a loss

asdf124

well then the team he was against was much worse off apparently, because as mentioned, if a team has a disconnected player, it almost always equals a loss

I played with 1 player disconnected, against a player who had best weapon. We won it, so it doesn't actually make a huge difference if you are playing a team who isn't capable.

Why don't they just simply add MVP's, MVP killer and so on.

Either as achievements or as a bonus point maker.

Ability to have a replay in reports of your adventures, or even have the ability to "make" such report.

I really wanna see replays, because 1. You could watch it, brag about it and so on.

2. I think a new ranking system for adventures would be a phenomenal idea imo.

3. Make it more complex for peeps to really dig through to see what advantages they have from each left gun instead of it being too simple.