make potions of a new beginning actionable

DeletedUser

This idea came from the Dutch forum

Proposal
Having more than one potions of a new beginning is kind of useless (because when you do a reskill, you reskill good right?!). Nonetheless it's possible to get more than one of those potions during events, some of them you won’t use. My proposal is to make those potions actionable just like the most of the items who are useless when you’ve got more of one of.

Details
A green sentence underneath a potion of a new beginning saying: Actionable and thereafter it’s possible to sell it on the market

Abuse Prevention
Some people may abuse this system by buying a potion with a lot of upc’s and after that sell it at the market for a lot of money but that’s already possible by buying chests and sell those at the market.

Visual Aids
actionable

Summary
It gives the normal The west player the possibility to get rit of a oversupply of potions of a new beginning who he got at for example an event where he hasn’t choose for and paid a lot of money/UPC’s for.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

I don't really think this is a good idea, even though, I don't really like potions of minor wisdoms....

DeletedUser

I don't really think this is a good idea, even though, I don't really like potions of minor wisdoms....

The posted idea is for potions of new beginning, not potions of minor wisdom. They are different items.

DeletedUser22685

Having more than one potions of a new beginning is kind of useless (because when you do a reskill, you reskill good right?!).

I think you'll find that this isn't true. Most players who have the ability to reskill will inevitably do so more than once.

That said, they're useless for a different reason in that if someone wanted to reskill, it would be cheaper to do it the conventional way with a few nuggets and a now easily affordable amount of cash. Granted, if I get a potion and happen to need to respec later on, I'm obviously going to use the potion, but I don't see why I should be forced to hold onto the four that I currently have and may or may not ever feel the need to use.

I'd be in favour of making them auctionable. I'm a hoarder and would probably keep mine anyway unless they start fetching a decent price for some reason (I can't imagine that many people would be willing to part with more than $100k for one), but I really don't see the point in restricting their sale when respeccing is such a common part of the game nowadays.

DeletedUser36559

Yeah I got one of these potions recently in our latest event and I for one will most likely never use it. I only fort battle in this game and if I was to do anything else I would re-skill the shaman way so yes I'm in favor of this idea.

DeletedUser

Yeah I got one of these potions recently in our latest event and I for one will most likely never use it. I only fort battle in this game and if I was to do anything else I would re-skill the shaman way so yes I'm in favor of this idea.

If you don´t do anything more or just play for 6 months, that is a normal way to think on the potions.... but if you play for more than 1 year, you will see that those potions are very usable.
The problem, right now, it´s that the only things that where getting people to move skills around where quests. Today, people can make 99% of the quests without even bothering to care about the quests.
That´s why those potions have less use.

And making them auctionable, would be a massive hole to be abused.

DeletedUser30224

I would love to buy some potions of new beginning, as I tend to reskill often, or at least 3-4 times per year (The only way to keep it interesting :p ). I would never sell such potion, 1000 nuggets or 1000 bonds is allot to begin with, so if there would be people selling them for up to 500k, no problem, you have a buyer right here.

Realistically, how probable you think they will ever be made actionable? You are supposed to spend your bonds on something, so that when events come, you don't have a massive amount of bonds saved up. I just think the owners would shoot themselves in the foot by making potions actionable. Sure I would love them to though, even if it goes against the reason.

DeletedUser

actionable doesn't mean you have to sell them so people who love them should keep them to reskill.

The problem is that i don't reskill that much and I already had a potion of a new beginning before the last event and:

turned the 800 twice, got the potion of a new beginning twice. So there is 1600 bonds flushed down the toilet now. No refund, no use, goodbye bonds, better luck next time

DeletedUser33353

If y'all are thinking of making this item available for auction...why not make everything that way? And I mean everything.

DeletedUser22685

I would love to buy some potions of new beginning, as I tend to reskill often, or at least 3-4 times per year (The only way to keep it interesting :p ). I would never sell such potion, 1000 nuggets or 1000 bonds is allot to begin with, so if there would be people selling them for up to 500k, no problem, you have a buyer right here.

And I've probably fully respecced close to a dozen times over the years and barely spent $500k total, and only a couple of thousand nuggets. The potions are certainly not the most efficient use of nuggets or cash, and I'd rather spend my bonds on things that could only be bought in the bond shop.

DeletedUser33353

Also quest items? Like the golden gun?
Cause that doesn't seems fair to me

This game, like life is not fair ;)
And, from my above statement I would not be for putting any extra items on auction house. But, if you wish the potion of new beginning to be on market, who is to say someone would like something else on there tomorrow?
So to make it simple, put everything there.

DeletedUser30224

And I've probably fully respecced close to a dozen times over the years and barely spent $500k total, and only a couple of thousand nuggets. The potions are certainly not the most efficient use of nuggets or cash, and I'd rather spend my bonds on things that could only be bought in the bond shop.
I usually respec with shaman if it is not a total changeover. I always take 21 skill points and 7 attribute points (3150+2800=$5950) for 18 nuggets. 493 SP and 178 AP with the above method I need to spend ~ 25 shamans (450 nuggets) and ~ $142.000. I agree that it is much cheaper, but I value my bonds better than ingame cash, so I would be willing to spend more on a potion from market :)

However it is not often you need a total changeover, moving AP's is a pain, but SP's are often not needed to demolish completely, so you can save on cash, or in fact spend the same amount or more with less shamans to save nuggets. It is probably still cheaper than buying a potion from market for say 500k, but reason not always prevails :D

DeletedUser

Forget about nuggets.
Just think on upbs. A fort fighter get around 1000 upbs in a little over 1 month easily without doing anything else. Since he is a fort fighter, he doesn´t need the potion for anything. So he can give it for 10k to a "friend" so he can change into a dueler for 1 month and kick out everyone on the server, get 17M in experience and buy another 10k potion from the same guy and reskill to something else.

Since, right now, there are only 2 option in the game (fort fighter and dueler), the potion have no good use. 99% of the times people changed attributes and skills was because of the quests. Right now everyone can do all quests (there are a few with special requirements but just a few bonds can buy instructions to solve that matter) without needing to get skills into it. Construction is just for a small group and very very limited in time.
Making the potions auctionable would be a gigantic crater that would be created.

asdf124

Also quest items? Like the golden gun?
Cause that doesn't seems fair to me

I used the shaman to get 3'rd key without the potion and without any nuggets using the shaman which was really cheap.

300$ per few days isn't too bad, is it? :D

If you were talking about that....... The GG will not be in market, cause a lot of people might regret it in future.

And if you'd like to speed it up(the re specking option, just use that 18 nugs per two weeks into shaman with tons of cash to speed it up....

the problem with selling it for 500k or so is just making the market seem more broken.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3853873

If y'all are thinking of making this item available for auction...why not make everything that way? And I mean everything.
why shouldnt it be auctionable kidd? you buy it with bonds and isnt everything just about that we buy with bonds auctionable lol. I have one and will never use it,i could have used it back when i was trying for my third key but that was while back and i spent fortune to skill then reskill after geting the key.i see it as just like those chest that people buy with bonds and sell on the market ,why not make it so we can sell these to someone that may be able to use them,its just play money lol.if they dont want to make it auctionable thats cool but would like to see them raise the vendor price like they did with tongs awhile back,id sell mine to vendor lol and get closer to geting my golden ass.right now vendor price is 5 dollars if i remember right

DeletedUser33353

why shouldnt it be auctionable kidd? you buy it with bonds and isnt everything just about that we buy with bonds auctionable lol. I have one and will never use it,i could have used it back when i was trying for my third key but that was while back and i spent fortune to skill then reskill after geting the key.i see it as just like those chest that people buy with bonds and sell on the market ,why not make it so we can sell these to someone that may be able to use them,its just play money lol.if they dont want to make it auctionable thats cool but would like to see them raise the vendor price like they did with tongs awhile back,id sell mine to vendor lol and get closer to geting my golden ass.right now vendor price is 5 dollars if i remember right

The same reason I have a golden gun I guess...Can I sell it? No. As I said in my previous post, make everything auctionable...no exceptions. That is the only way to make everyone happy.

DeletedUser22685

Forget about nuggets.
Just think on upbs. A fort fighter get around 1000 upbs in a little over 1 month easily without doing anything else. Since he is a fort fighter, he doesn´t need the potion for anything. So he can give it for 10k to a "friend" so he can change into a dueler for 1 month and kick out everyone on the server, get 17M in experience and buy another 10k potion from the same guy and reskill to something else.

I'll apologise in advance for the rant. This post started out short, but I got carried away.

The first thing I'll point out is the fact that it's highly illogical to ignore nuggets and base an argument of this kind on bonds. You say it's possible to earn 1000 bonds in a month, but 1000 nuggets can be bought in a minute. Anyone looking to supply free potions to others will almost certainly do so using nuggets, not bonds, especially since someone who doesn't use nuggets and instead relies solely on bonds to buy their items from the shop won't be very likely to spend them on another player. I'm technically supporting your point of view by pointing this out, but the reason I'm doing so is because the couple of things I have to say are based on the use of nuggets. You can apply them to bonds as well if you really insist.

Anyway, your example is a gross exaggeration that really makes your whole argument irrelevant.

Even if it were possible to get 17 million exp in a month, anyone with the time, ability and resources to do so has absolutely no need to sponge off a friend. The cost of a Potion of New Beginning is negligible compared to the amount of nuggets it would take to duel constantly at the level you're suggesting.

But all this amounts to nothing due to the fact that anyone who's that determined to hand another player all their hard work on a platter already has that option a mere couple of clicks away, thanks to the complete farce that is cash transfer.

It's clear that effort is no longer a relevant term in this game. Market limits are a thing of the past, loans and freebies are as common as fair trades and cash can be transferred on a whim. The power is now well and truly in the hands of the premium powerhouses; successful towns are supplied daily by their leaders' nuggets, successful players form networks and trade favours. Gone is any requirement to strategise, plan or develop a character. You just put your skill points where you're told, wear the clothes you were given, use the buffs that were made for you and spam the crap out of a button. The really good players might even spam a couple of different buttons.

What I'm trying to say is that there are several arguments against making the potions auctionable, but potential for abuse is not one of them. There really is no longer any such thing as potential for abuse, as that potential has already been well and truly met. It would be a hell of a lot harder to provide for your allies using Potions of a New Beginning than it is using methods currently available.

Don't get me wrong, it's a sad state of affairs which I'm not advocating by any means. I couldn't agree more with the notion that all things in-game should need to be earned, but if we're going to fight for that notion, it shouldn't be done using unrealistic scenarios such as earning 17 million exp points in a month thanks to a potion that somebody spent a thousand bonds on and willingly threw away. That's just ridiculous. Do it using the fact that a player can be level 70, have a superweapon and a superset at absolutely no cost to themselves and beat the daylights out of another player who's put in hours of work to buy their own gear and assign their own skills, simply because the first player chose to throw in their lot with a particular town. Talk about disheartening.

The problem stems from the tombolas, the overpowered sets and weapons, the huge amount of cash present in-game and the ability to give it out as needed. But we all know there's nothing we can do about it now. The game has progressed to the point where its financial support comes almost solely from those things. It's imbalanced, but it's unavoidable, and it sure as hell isn't a reason to stop me from ridding myself of all of these damn potions.