Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I have nothing positive to say about the adventures. To be perfectly honest, I hope they go the way as poker.

There are other areas of the game screaming to be updated and developed which are being grossly ignored, like fort fights and duels. Why not focus on improving and making the current items work better rather than introducing new game play that looks and plays like a 1990s video game on an Atari rather than a modern game. I feel this adventure is a step backward, unless they do a massive overhaul.

Ripwise

I have nothing positive to say about the adventures. To be perfectly honest, I hope they go the way as poker.

There are other areas of the game screaming to be updated and developed which are being grossly ignored, like fort fights and duels. Why not focus on improving and making the current items work better rather than introducing new game play that looks and plays like a 1990s video game on an Atari rather than a modern game. I feel this adventure is a step backward, unless they do a massive overhaul.

Totally agreed with you. Today i wanted to play a bit just for the heck of it, when that scroll bug started messing, i turned it off and now i wont play it out of principle.

DeletedUser

Questions:

1. How are time penalties calculated for being inactive in adventure?
2. How many participations in adventures are needed for final achievement?

Cheers

DeletedUser36011

It is very power hungry for me. Not something every one can play for sure.

They also use alot of data on your internet connection too. My data usage quintupled on the day adventures began without any dl's etc

DeletedUser25847

I still can only play on Internet explorer, get the connection couldn't be established error on other browsers. Is there a fix for this?

DeletedUser35533

I would like reports from it. I got kicked due to an error with 5 more points to our victory, I wondered if we won and if I got any points but when I went to see the reports like I would for FF there was nothing there.

and yes the strain on my 512ram pc is big , maybe they could rethink the whole 3d thing and just go with fort overlook(not likely) or at least have setting variations so that people with old Pcs can pick a low quality and play with less leg.

It plays fine in my firefox , like with forts port connection error other people getting connection seems to be luck based .clearing your cache seems to be the go solution.

For now im looking forward to player vs NPC versions of this , I want to fight that bear and hopefully there will be less complications then when playing with other people .

scroll bug messed up my game 3 times out of 8 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1693871

I would make the following comments about the adventures:

- as Zd comments they're not something everyone can play.
- because not everyone can play, the rewards should reflect that.
- having wisdom potions as rewards is a bad idea, it means someone can power level just by sitting playing adventures all day.
- the wisdom potions make a complete nonsense of the experience rankings.
- the adventures will kill off fort battle participation, and ordinary game and chat activity.

DeletedUser36011

- having wisdom potions as rewards is a bad idea, it means someone can power level just by sitting playing adventures all day.
- the adventures will kill off fort battle participation, and ordinary game and chat activity.

100% agree. Myself, I've got about 600k xp in one day. That much is an amount too big regardless of if you even double the price of the potions. 300k in one day? Stlil madness. Make the potions at least 3 times more expensive. If not may as well have jobbing be useless since you make money by selling loot chests ;) There is already a ton of money on all words for people to spend on them without jobbing

The adventures are nice, but the shop needs a total work, the potions need to be far more expensive. You also need to be bale to chat as the adventures happen with others. Very little chat happens in the adventures and it will kill any social element of the game. At worst the chat feature needs to ne like a FF one for adventures.

The chat element is important too because there is no one in the chats to help newer players as a result. Not a good way for player retention on a social element. They need to learn to adventure first from others ;)

The absolute biggest iissue though is still afk's. It is getting better, but an afk person = auto loss pretty much. They need to have some sort of rudimentary AI to at least pretend to be useful

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36026

My name is xalita42 and I am an adventure addict. :) Thank you for the great game.
Now that, that is out of the way, as DanteNightroad mentioned, a report would be nice.

DeletedUser35520

For those who have a problem with the potion of wisdom, where is that sentiment during tombola or fair time? People literally can buy there exp then and gain as much as they are willing to spend for. Though a random drop and mixed in with other items, the potential to go up 1,2,5, and even 10% exists. People gain hundreds of thousands of exp for that!?! Personally, I do not have a problem with it, but my argument is simply that at least through adventures you have to play the game to earn them, not just click a timer and reset it.

DeletedUser36559

Could the player died and player resurrected messages that pop up in front of you be removed? One quick look at the left hand side of player enemy screen and you can see who is already KO'ed and the number of rounds needed for them to resurrect. In about 4-5 battles so far I've had the players died/resurrect messages pop up and I couldn't set my abilities quick enough ( due to waiting for the messages to disappear) while my enemies were slightly quicker with their abilities and they killed me.

DeletedUser30417

For those who have a problem with the potion of wisdom, where is that sentiment during tombola or fair time? People literally can buy there exp then and gain as much as they are willing to spend for. Though a random drop and mixed in with other items, the potential to go up 1,2,5, and even 10% exists. People gain hundreds of thousands of exp for that!?! Personally, I do not have a problem with it, but my argument is simply that at least through adventures you have to play the game to earn them, not just click a timer and reset it.

It's extremely expensive to get a lot of wisdom potions from tombola's or the fair. I can speak from personal experience since I tried both methods in the past to get them. On Arizona I won a tombola twice (ended up in top 5 when I didn't win) and at best I totalled 25% exp in wisdom potions from a single tombola.

The fair is a very poor method to get a lot of wisdom potions. Even if you wait until 3 or 4 types of wisdom potions are in the reward list, then still for each potion you get tons and tons of crappy stuff. A very inefficient way to gain wisdom potions.

So only the true nugget munchers can get a substantial amount of potions from tombola's or fairs, which accounts only for a very small percentage of the player-base. On the other hand everyone with spare time and dedication can gain lots of wisdom potions each week from adventures. Without spending a single nugget.

It's very frustrating for high level players (who worked very hard and/or spent a lot of nuggets to gain a spot in the top of the ranking) to see other players accomplish the same in a matter of weeks what took them months or even years to accomplish.

Deleted User - 3853873

I am personaly enjoying this new game very much,something new to do while doing jobs and keep people on the server doing something,and i love the new outlaw set from a fashion look lol.my only complaint really beside the people geting disconnected and your down one player a lot is please take out the stupid check we win.i dont mind the other prizes but could care less to win 575 bucks after doing 25 battles to buy a chest.i know suppose be some low prizes but thats like spending 5k victory for a normal product lol.

DeletedUser35520

On the other hand everyone with spare time and dedication can gain lots of wisdom potions each week from adventures. Without spending a single nugget.

It's very frustrating for high level players (who worked very hard and/or spent a lot of nuggets to gain a spot in the top of the ranking) to see other players accomplish the same in a matter of weeks what took them months or even years to accomplish.

so as you stated, the real problem is that free players have a chance to earn an exp item and therefore exp that was predominately for paying players only? I would much rather the potions be eliminated all together, but if they are here to stay, then let hard work prevail over just a credit card. Myself, I've been bypassed by plenty in the ranks during events who were down hundreds of thousands of exp just because of potions, so although it might only be a small percent of the gaming population, to me its an all of none discussion. Most complaining now are only doing so, because they are not getting the same benefit due to lack of time or enjoyment of adventures. The game should not be tailored to fit the needs of the specific individual. For the record, the Daily sign in bonus is too much exp and everyone gets it for 2 secs of work. The 1% gained by the free player at level 80, is still 1%. The same 1% a level 130 gets is worth a whole lot more exp, which still favors the paying players, who paid to get to those levels faster. The system in place now creates a much closer chance for the way the game was years ago where free players were at a disadvantage, but not so much that they could no longer compete. All they have to do is put in the time and effort. Is it too much exp and not fair to those who paid, yes, but all free exp is and this manner might allow you to spend less yourself to level.

DeletedUser20054

I couldn't have said it better. I repeat that the xp gain is ridiculously high. So everyone is trying to take advantage of it now as fast as they can before anyone even thinks about changing it. Everyone wants to rank fast, they neglect the social side of the game, killing any normal conversation you could actually have just to get to 150 faster.

Level 150 was presented to us as an achievement after struggling and effort. Where did that effort go now? 1% every half an hour at least, no matter if you're good or bad at it...that's simply insane. Start planning increasing those levels up to 180 already...Want me to do the math about how fast you can gain 10 levels now just with the adventures and the daily log in bonuses? I think we can all do it ourselves...

Last note: They are a nice addition. But they should be tweaked. Oh and if this new thing kills fort fighting, I'm gonna start throwing keyboards at everyone!

Ripwise

I couldn't have said it better. I repeat that the xp gain is ridiculously high. So everyone is trying to take advantage of it now as fast as they can before anyone even thinks about changing it. Everyone wants to rank fast, they neglect the social side of the game, killing any normal conversation you could actually have just to get to 150 faster.

Level 150 was presented to us as an achievement after struggling and effort. Where did that effort go now? 1% every half an hour at least, no matter if you're good or bad at it...that's simply insane. Start planning increasing those levels up to 180 already...Want me to do the math about how fast you can gain 10 levels now just with the adventures and the daily log in bonuses? I think we can all do it ourselves...

Last note: They are a nice addition. But they should be tweaked. Oh and if this new thing kills fort fighting, I'm gonna start throwing keyboards at everyone!

It wont kill FF, never! FF is and stuck all this years because it is competitive, with adventures there is no competition at all, just plain number grinding.

I believe it is only hype now because its new. Give it couple of weeks and rare will play it because it is always the same. Well, for now, i am yet to see new maps.

DeletedUser35277

Have played on the beta version and now playing on Dakota. Everything
works fine, like the improvements made. Would like to see a better drop
rate for the loot chest ( guess beta spoiled me :D) I know alot of work
went into this, and I appreciate Inno being creative so the West doesn't
get too dull.