Rejected Headshots in Fort Fights

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

Would you like this implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser30224

There will be ONE week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 75% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 74.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal:
Headshots in fort battles. Kills at once!
Reward for every headshot: 3 UPB

Current Workaround:
I guess there is none!

Details:
Old formula:
0.5% chance [reduced from 1%] for all classes, those who have +300 crafting skill.

New Formula:
Chance to headshot = 0.25% * (Player level/150) ±0.1% (random luck)

Abuse prevention:
I don't know how this can be abused, but with the new proposed formula no one will ever have more than 0.35% chance to hit the head. I think this means 3.5 successful headshots in every 1000 attempts (less than 2 headshot in 500 rounds of battle!!); and that's if player is level 150 and random luck always comes the best! I guess there might no more than 1 or 2 headshots (or even 0) in every 100 participants in battle.
Those who say this is not a good idea for blockers or tanks, just think about the probability. It's quite rare. And also don't forget that both sides have almost equal chances. I don't think this will add any more inequality to either attacking or defending side.

Visual Aids:
none

Summary:
It's simple and very easy to implement. Will add extra fun and excitement to fort battles. Really will be exciting. Imagine yourself landing a headshot after firing your gun around 500 times :D

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria?
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List?

DeletedUser

Voted No.

1) Don't like the idea of random instant kills. I don't think they are fun.

2) I'm assuming that the chance for an instant kill would only be checked for after you actually land a hit. Checked the last medium fort battle on my world, it went 48 rounds, and there were over 2000 hits landed from around 4400 shots. Even at the base .25% ( without increased chance for character level ). The would work out to 5 instant kills. I think that would leave 5 unhappy players.

3) I don't think players who spent their game time resting for full health and logged in to be on-line for the battle would be very happy about being killed by a random event. May as well randomly kill .25% of the people who are injured while working jobs as well.

DeletedUser12734

Voted No.

2) I'm assuming that the chance for an instant kill would only be checked for after you actually land a hit. Checked the last medium fort battle on my world, it went 48 rounds, and there were over 2000 hits landed from around 4400 shots. Even at the base .25% ( without increased chance for character level ). The would work out to 5 instant kills. I think that would leave 5 unhappy players.

Character level doesn't increase base chance of 0.25%. In fact it reduces it. Even if it's so, 5 kills out of around 150 participants is nothing! 2 on each side. Not a Big number. 5 Players get unhappy but 145 players will be happy :D

DeletedUser36559

5 kills out of 150 participants will simply demotivate those 5 players especially if they are new novice players trying to get to grips with fort battles or offline players. If people have work during a fort battle they set their character to sleep in barracks for 6 hours, travel to fort, buff, have 100/150 energy+ 10k cash on hand and if they get KO'ed within 2 rounds and receive 100 xp and 1 bond it won't encourage them to fort battle.

DeletedUser

Character level doesn't increase base chance of 0.25%. In fact it reduces it. Even if it's so, 5 kills out of around 150 participants is nothing! 2 on each side. Not a Big number. 5 Players get unhappy but 145 players will be happy :D

Thanks for the clarification on the math. So even if it reduced the number of KO's by half again for an average player level of 75 for example. It would still leave 2-3 unhappy people, 2-3 who hit them would be happy and the vast majority would not care.

Still don't like the idea. Don't support instant kills.

DeletedUser36192

I live in a +GMT 7 time zone and as a result i often stay up till 1/2am and maybe later to get a FF in on El Dorado. If i was KOed in 1 shot after staying up so late i'd be incredibly peeved. So i vote no.

DeletedUser30224

Thank you all who voted. Since the idea didn't achieve 75% positive votes, it will be rejected.