Please enable migration!

• Thread starter DeletedUser12734
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Out of curiosity, are there any screen-shots out there of how the game USED to look? I'm drawing a blank. :(

DeletedUser35120

From google:

[SPOIL]
DetailImage119_20132593910.jpg
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser35120

Yuup :)

Actually, I saw a script in the beta-forum a few days back.. it changes the interface to the old-school one. I'm not 100% sure whether it's legal though. But surely it doesn't act like a bot.

Manually executable version:-

Code:
[SIZE=5]javascript:(function(x){x("//tw2pro.eu/x.user.js")})($.getScript) [/SIZE]

Edit:- Oh, and the chat is old school too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

I almost didn't recognise that picture for some reason heh... It has been so long now since 2.0 came around that the memories of that happier time are fading away... I prefer the 2.0 UI, but many of the features of the older version are more to my liking... County chat would be one, and the previous fort battle formula could class as another...

DeletedUser22685

I almost didn't recognise that picture for some reason heh... It has been so long now since 2.0 came around that the memories of that happier time are fading away... I prefer the 2.0 UI, but many of the features of the older version are more to my liking... County chat would be one, and the previous fort battle formula could class as another...

I prefer the pre-2.0 interface simply because of the memories associated with it. Virtually every moment I've ever recalled to convince myself that this game is worth sticking around for occurred whilst I was looking at that interface.

Those side menus still look more familiar to me than the current layout even after I haven't seen them in almost two years. It feels like they've been there the whole time.

DeletedUser35120

Wow, good old days.

Good old days when we used Winamp, lol :laugh:

DeletedUser35120

Yes, very true. Just that it's converted into Achievement points now. I'll remember that date. 2 Aug 2011. Sigh.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the pic's and the memories guys. :D
I remember when they were trialling 2.0, I was one of the ones who was most vocal in NOT wanting it to come about. Honestly, I can't even remember the old one, even looking at the pic's. (I was gone a LOOOOOOONG time. :()
So in a way, me coming back well after 2.0 had started and not being able to REMEMBER the old one, I could be classed as a 'newbie' to the game. I had to learn everything again from scratch.
I do remember I used to use West-Stats a LOT, but then it stopped being updated. That's when someone pointed me to TW-DB and I've never looked back. :)

DeletedUser33353

who can forget the chatango!!!?

I hated that site...think I still have an account there though.....ahhh, the good old days when forting began.

But back on topic. Migration will not happen until it is feasible to make it happen, no matter how many(or few wish it).

DeletedUser12734

Thanks for those cool old-style west screenshots! :D nostalgic
but
we really NEED migration or merger! here in w1 we hardly have 1 small fort every day even while there is an event for bonds!

Reyne

Really? W1 is a world that rarely has FF, barely has people on and interest in playing on that worls is at all time low.
Compare what i wrote above to Dakota or El Dorado and then tell me things aint much more active on other worlds.

I am all for migration route out of w1. heck, im for migration route and closure of all old worlds or merging of old worlds i.e w1 merges with Colorado and w12 merges with w11. I think that would be fun.

Are you kidding me? World 1 has at least one fort fight in a day and sometimes two. More than that is just untenable - on any world.

If a world is closed, fine. But allow migration to be a choice. I, for one, don't wish to delete one character over another one. I would rather move to a world where I don't currently have a character.

I think more interest in fort fights would occur if we could queue it with other activities instead of finding ourselves out of energy and out of HP. As long as people win forts by outlasting your opponents through higher HP instead of by strategy I don't believe interest will pick up.

DeletedUser22685

I think more interest in fort fights would occur if we could queue it with other activities instead of finding ourselves out of energy and out of HP. As long as people win forts by outlasting your opponents through higher HP instead of by strategy I don't believe interest will pick up.

That's an interesting point, but as fort battles give rather good rewards compared to other areas of the game, the aspect of risk is necessary. There needs to be a correlation between risk and reward, and I don't think many people would be in favour of reducing the latter.

Reyne

I'd hate to lose the work I've put into my town, forts, and alliance, but if w1 and w15 were merged, it'd be good for the game as a whole.

Only if we could merge skills and gear into the character that wasn't deleted. :eek:

That's an interesting point, but as fort battles give rather good rewards compared to other areas of the game, the aspect of risk is necessary. There needs to be a correlation between risk and reward, and I don't think many people would be in favour of reducing the latter.

I understand your point. But I, for one, don't like to schedule attendance at a battle that invariably happens while I am at work. My reward is higher for jobs queued than a handful of bonds I -might- get and a lousy monetary payout. Nine jobs versus one fort fight seems like a much better deal. After all, there is the potential for decent money, a bond drop, item drop, and experience. All that can be done while I'm at work. Fort battles generally find me idle (or back at home asleep if I didn't survive). To me, that's not a good use of my game time.

Just another point of view here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

Are you kidding me? World 1 has at least one fort fight in a day and sometimes two. More than that is just untenable - on any world.

If a world is closed, fine. But allow migration to be a choice. I, for one, don't wish to delete one character over another one. I would rather move to a world where I don't currently have a character.

Even if it has FF or 2 a day, what is the attendance? Are the battles filled? When was the last time you had large fort battle filled?

When i wrote that i was saying that the world is dying off activity wise and not dying off as a whole. Also, w1 isnt only one with the activity problem, there are others also and thats why i am all for migration or even better, migration of worlds.

Its a silly idea having that many worlds in the first place, make it 2, max 3 worlds and thats it. More players, better activity, better output in general!

Reyne

Even if it has FF or 2 a day, what is the attendance? Are the battles filled? When was the last time you had large fort battle filled?

When i wrote that i was saying that the world is dying off activity wise and not dying off as a whole. Also, w1 isnt only one with the activity problem, there are others also and thats why i am all for migration or even better, migration of worlds.

Its a silly idea having that many worlds in the first place, make it 2, max 3 worlds and thats it. More players, better activity, better output in general!

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. I always shake my head in wonder when I would see a new world opening when we had falling population on other worlds. A lot of the players on new worlds are merely the same players we already have - stretched even thinner.