Oktoberfest - 2014

DeletedUser33353

Really? Why all of the whining? It is a free event, if one does not wish to participate(bond,nuggies, etc).....then don't.
The freebies I do love......concentrate on those.

Deleted User - 3853873

do we have enough time this event to get the free set? 120 levels playing free or we have cut the time down.

DeletedUser36559

do we have enough time this event to get the free set? 120 levels playing free or we have cut the time down.

No there's not enough time to get full set without nugs/bonds it will take around 500-600 bonds while playing the 25 bonds/nug option.

delldell56

500-600 bonds as long as you are not clumsy like me, and don't have to constantly bribe the waiter because you keep dropping your food -.-

DeletedUser35968

So even if you end up with 5 of them during the event, you'll just have to treat yourself to a click-fest and reskill your heart out? It is a terrible item to get many of, since it is nearly useless unless you're in the special situation that you need to reskill many times during a year. It can't be sold like the other very rare items, and it does not provide you with an item like the chests do.

Why is it still in the tombola at all?

-xq

Yep Good point.. you can simply do it for 18 nuggets.. Then why spend 800 nuggets for that?

Snr Sarg

Just a quite note: Oktoberfest 2014

The duplicate potion of beginnings trade as offered for our previous Independence Day tombola WILL NOT be offered for the Oktoberfest tombola.

Not a happy bunny.

I had 800 nuggets left over from the speed world event, so thought I'd chance my luck this morning and got this stupid Potion of a New Beginning - on the world where I am a pure dueler, always have been and always will be.

I can't sell it, I can't do anything with it.

I though about raising a ticket and saw this on the support page:

Oktoberfest - Potion of new beginnings!

As per our announcement.

Please note: The duplicate potion of beginnings' trade as offered for our previous Independence Day tombola WILL NOT be offered for the Oktoberfest tombola.

We are not able to swap or reimburse for any potions of new beginnings or duplicate items received from the tombola event. This is the risk you take when participating in events and you may receive undesired content.

So I came here to have a whine instead :up:

If Inno need to post that about it on the support page, they must be getting a lot of complaints.

So, it's all very well Inno sitting there saying they won't do this or they won't do that, so guess what I won't do? That's right, I won't buy any more nuggets, two can play that 'talk to the hand' game.

Not until it's put right, ball's in your court.

DeletedUser22685

I've been saying since the first couple of tombolas that those potions should be removed from the super rare category. I have four of them myself, and that's a big part of the reason why I hate the tombolas so much.

DeletedUser

I think you just have to avoid the 800/super rare tombola. In the previous event the potion of new beginning came up way more often than it would have done by equal chance and I suspect this is the case here too.

DeletedUser30224

I think you just have to avoid the 800/super rare tombola. In the previous event the potion of new beginning came up way more often than it would have done by equal chance and I suspect this is the case here too.

I think you are safe to assume that not every item has the same chance in it's category. Best would be to visualize each category as a separate pie, a roulette if you will, but not all items on the roulette have the same slice size, some have bigger while others smaller. You spin it and whatever lands that's what you get.

That is how I would do it anyhow, find the category first and then draw the prize from that category. Set chests and weapons secondly have the smallest chance in the 800 category. Same with pants and coats in the 150 category. How big the potion slice is a good guess, but I have not received many potions from the higher categories so I would presume that the chance is just as low as the valuable items have. (speculation)

Deleted User - 3853873

i think it really sucks to have to use nugs or bonds to get all the free set,i mean come on man thats what the lowest set is for i thought was the free players to get a set.i dont have any money for nugs and out of bonds so wont be geting the lowest set sucks big time.the rest of the tombolas give you enough free chances to get the sets,why not this one?be even worse if it reset the counter like other ones did and if you couldnt bribe. what am i saying this is worse cant even get the free set for free lol

DeletedUser36011

i think it really sucks to have to use nugs or bonds to get all the free set,i mean come on man thats what the lowest set is for i thought was the free players to get a set.i dont have any money for nugs and out of bonds so wont be geting the lowest set sucks big time.the rest of the tombolas give you enough free chances to get the sets,why not this one?be even worse if it reset the counter like other ones did and if you couldnt bribe. what am i saying this is worse cant even get the free set for free lol

Bonds are free? You cant blame anyone else other than yourself for having non because you used them can you? 600 bonds is not alot to use, and it is pretty easy to earn some, go fort fight a little, you might go earn 100-200 quite easily before the event ends. Not to mention the fact that during the county fair, or during this event itself bond letters are given out.

You should be happy bonds are an option, far easier to use bonds to get the event than hearts/rockets etc. Not to mention half the population was calling for the use of bonds instead of annoying rockets/hearts etc

DeletedUser8627

Not a happy bunny.

I had 800 nuggets left over from the speed world event, so thought I'd chance my luck this morning and got this stupid Potion of a New Beginning - on the world where I am a pure dueler, always have been and always will be.

I can't sell it, I can't do anything with it.

I though about raising a ticket and saw this on the support page:

Oktoberfest - Potion of new beginnings!

As per our announcement.

Please note: The duplicate potion of beginnings' trade as offered for our previous Independence Day tombola WILL NOT be offered for the Oktoberfest tombola.

We are not able to swap or reimburse for any potions of new beginnings or duplicate items received from the tombola event. This is the risk you take when participating in events and you may receive undesired content.

So I came here to have a whine instead :up:

If Inno need to post that about it on the support page, they must be getting a lot of complaints.

So, it's all very well Inno sitting there saying they won't do this or they won't do that, so guess what I won't do? That's right, I won't buy any more nuggets, two can play that 'talk to the hand' game.

Not until it's put right, ball's in your court.

I've raised this concern with the development already, that's about as much as I can do from my side at this point. We can only hope for positive feedback.
Regarding the no trade option in this tombola, that is the stance EN taking along with all other markets when it comes to duplicates.

At this point, I am hoping for this item to become tradeable or sellable since high levels having 4 of them have no need to respec at this stage. That's if they decline the removal of this item from the tombolas altogether.

I'll post feedback once the development team has provided us with some.

DeletedUser

Just found out that if you can't bribe when you fail, when the counter times out, you get a FREE GO - even on the ones where you have to PAY. Yay.
Mate of mine was WELL p*ssed off because he wasted his bonds and couldn't bribe. Then just out of curiosity, he clicked on it and was told something like, "Since you failed last time, it is free this time."
Now THAT I LIKE. :D

DeletedUser

Just found out that if you can't bribe when you fail, when the counter times out, you get a FREE GO - even on the ones where you have to PAY. Yay.
Mate of mine was WELL p*ssed off because he wasted his bonds and couldn't bribe. Then just out of curiosity, he clicked on it and was told something like, "Since you failed last time, it is free this time."
Now THAT I LIKE. :D
what so great about it? you get what you paid for... the lost of rank levels is the punishment for the unlucky ones

//negative rep. Oktoberfest - 2014 20.09.14 15:26 shut up~big john ... now I get why are you so happy about it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not bothered about rank. I just want the prizes. I thought that if you couldn't bribe, then the Bonds were WASTED. Now I know that if I can't bribe, I still get another bite at the cherry. :)

DeletedUser22685

At this point, I am hoping for this item to become tradeable or sellable since high levels having 4 of them have no need to respec at this stage. That's if they decline the removal of this item from the tombolas altogether.

The fact that people may not need to respec isn't the problem. Someone who's level 150 has no real need for an exp potion either, but they can still get one. The problem is that anyone paying 800 nuggets for a single tombola spin could quite easily have paid a quarter of that and a small amount of cash (which isn't a problem for anyone splurging on super rare spins) to achieve the same effect. Thus, regardless of whether a player plans on respeccing at any point in the future, the potion will have been utterly unnecessary in aiding them to do so, and hundreds of nuggets will have been wasted. That should be the line of argument used when trying to convince the higher ups to see some sense.

I've lost track of how many times I've said something along these lines now, and I really fail to see why the issue has persisted for so long.

Last edited by a moderator: