Please enable migration!

• Thread starter DeletedUser12734
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

Not to mention the fact that World 1 has no grounds on which to demand that the most active world be disrupted and merged into it. The world that needs saving makes the sacrifice to accommodate the active world, not vice versa.

The stubbornness of a number of World 1 veterans combined with the sense of superiority that many of them possess based on the fact that they happened to join the game earlier than most other players has been a huge contributor to the state the world has found itself in for quite some time now. For example, look at the behaviour of the players in question towards the immigrant alliances shortly after they arrived, which essentially snuffed out the only chance at a resurgence World 1 has had in years.

I joined the game a long time ago and am personally drawn to sentimentality and nostalgia, but I was still able to accept the fact that the best course of action for me and for my gameplay was to be forced to migrate away from the worlds I grew to love. I've played on World 1 since the beginning of 2009 (granted, that's not remotely close to the date the world opened, but still years before the majority of today's accounts existed), but objectively it holds no more sentimental value than World 2 or any of the other worlds that have already been closed.

I feel like I need to add that my comments are not directed towards any of the players who have participated in this thread so far. The players I'm thinking of haven't graced us with their presence as of yet. However, based on the couple of fleeting suggestions in favour of merging Colorado into World 1 that have been made, I can already foresee the reactions of the infamous "Dinosaurs" when they're asked to give up their precious World 1. I've seen it too many times before and it's caused myself and others a huge amount of headaches over the years.

I also realise that any discussions regarding the merging of worlds is purely hypothetical at this point. I simply felt the need to add my insight here on the odd chance that it'll prevent the typical vocal minority from stalling any potential progress made either in this thread or elsewhere. The players of World 1 need to decide once and for all where their priorities lie; an arbitrary world number, or actually enjoying the game. I apologise in advance if I'm instigating an argument; that's not my intention.

It's been far too long since I've had a good rant here, though :p

DeletedUser

For me, it's not the World # that's important, it's how much work I have put into building up my town. If Worlds merged, would all my work not be undone?
(Plus I have gotten used to the #1) :p :)

DeletedUser35968

A new world only for the immigrants. e.g., Florida.
Any player can move to that world. Also we can choose a place to shift our town too..

Ripwise

A new world only for the immigrants. e.g., Florida.
Any player can move to that world. Also we can choose a place to shift our town too..

That would be silly. Why open new world and close another? Also, there are other worlds that are already active so its easier to migrate to existing world than making new one. Sorry but that doesnt make sense to me.

DeletedUser33353

Can we set up a poll for this? or Inno would't mind?

Tbh, polls do not really matter.....migration will only occur if the bean counters deems it is necessary for the bottom line. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but it is what it is.

DeletedUser34315

I'd hate to lose the work I've put into my town, forts, and alliance, but if w1 and w15 were merged, it'd be good for the game as a whole.

DeletedUser

It would suck losing all that, but as long as you keep your money, gear, level, etc (im unfamiliar with migrating) perhaps a new challenge would be good :)

DeletedUser

W1 could be merged with Purgatory server, where all banned players go. sorta digital hell in the game.

I suspect w1 would like it there and even thrive and prosper.

DeletedUser

It would suck losing all that, but as long as you keep your money, gear, level, etc (im unfamiliar with migrating) perhaps a new challenge would be good :)
Hell no! I have worked too long and hard to get my town where it is, with no help from anyone to just up and move and start all over again.
If that happened, I would drop the game. That's like saying, "Well you know all those months of hard-labour that you just did? Well it was all for nothing. Now here is a new start for you, so you get to do EVERYTHING you just did all over AGAIN." No thank you. :mad:

DeletedUser33353

W1 could be merged with Purgatory server, where all banned players go. sorta digital hell in the game.

I suspect w1 would like it there and even thrive and prosper.

That is a valid point PJ :laugh:

DeletedUser37008

I totally agree with you guys that this world is getting really boring. Almost no FF's/Dueling anymore. And with an event like the Oktoberfest you see way to few activity around here. So I'm very much pro-migration.

DeletedUser

Not being funny guys, but if World 1 isn't doing it for you, why not join another world and leave W1 to those of us who want to STAY there? Migration is just daft if you ask me. It's like saying, "You don't want to join a new world? Okay well we'll move you to a new world." ???

DeletedUser33353

Not being funny either..........how long have you been on w1?
W1 was the original, lots of the first players are still here....but with all of the new updates(steps backwards imo), a very small quiet world. If it was still the original.....longer jobs, no shaman, etc....I would not complain, but as everything has gotten easier, why not let everyone split? Or at least the option to?
As always, just my opine.....not like I really do anything in W1 anyway.

DeletedUser36011

Not being funny guys, but if World 1 isn't doing it for you, why not join another world and leave W1 to those of us who want to STAY there? Migration is just daft if you ask me. It's like saying, "You don't want to join a new world? Okay well we'll move you to a new world." ???

Because as you have argued in the past. You dont want to lose what you have worked for in terms of rank/town etc etc. Players dont want to lose what they have worked for in regards to their entire character :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not being funny either..........how long have you been on w1?
A loooooooooong time. I was in W1 way back when the game was still fairly new. I did have to drop out though for quite a while due to family-problems. I was one of the ones who was ranting about V2 looking bloody awful.
When I eventually came back to W1, V2 was well and truly up and running and I couldn't even REMEMBER what it looked like before.
As I also couldn't remember my old E-mail address, I ended up using a brand new E-mail and a brand new identity.

DeletedUser33353

Then you know the game has moved on since those early heady days :)
Welcome back to the beginning.