Cash Transfer: Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser8627

We have recently enabled a feature here on EN that allows a player to transfer in-game cash - Cash Transfer: ENABLED!

Please use this thread to voice any concerns or any problems you have with this feature.

DeletedUser

What is actually allowed here?

Can this be used to compensate trades between different worlds?

Is it allowed to do inter-world trades if they are fair?

DeletedUser27501

NO trade between worlds shouldn`t be allowed because in this case multi-account should be accepted too since they are the same thing in this case

DeletedUser33353

Just a simple xfer as far as I can see......
A good thing to help a new player get a leg up on the game.
But, as I am often wrong I will let the powers to be to say what is allowed.

gunner86

twista u say all in game rules will be applied, does this mean pushing rules will apply? if yes, then how will a player can transfer cash without breaking the rules?

Edit: if i want to transfer cash to player on one world and he pays me back in another world, is that pushing or valid transaction under cash transfer?

Last edited:

DeletedUser35968

I like to knew whether these comes under pushing:

1. When I give some $ to a low level player so that he can get a decent horse.
2. When I give some $ to another player to balance the trade.
3. When my friends help me by giving some $ so that I can buy that rare item from market.

DeletedUser

I like to knew whether these comes under pushing:

1. When I give some $ to a low level player so that he can get a decent horse.
2. When I give some $ to another player to balance the trade.
3. When my friends help me by giving some $ so that I can buy that rare item from market.

"Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash."

Should be all ok, but don't exaggerate.

There is still nothing in rules about interchanging items between worlds as long as it is not inordinate amounts.

DeletedUser27501

as far as i know getting benefit to a char from an other is pushing even that char is in the same world or not. the downside come to players who have a single char, no benefits for them so no equality :)

Apelatia

The developers at Innogames do not design any features that might serve as a 'trap' to get anyone banned.

All we ask is that you apply integrity before using this feature.

DeletedUser

The developers at Innogames do not design any features that might serve as a 'trap' to get anyone banned.

All we ask is that you apply integrity before using this feature.

but integrity is so much different between specific cases.

i've sold Howdah pistol to friend for minimum price because he didn't have cash to pay me then. soon he will be able to repay me and if he uses cash transfer of 2M$ (and that is more then fair price on "busy" worlds), i hope we won't get banned.

DeletedUser6693

you keep saying west rules apply, can you please tell us what those rules are? and you say it also isnt a trap but bans are still at your discretion? i must say you guys are being very cryptic about what is acceptable and not.

i am an old school player and this whole feature seems to be pushing unless some rules have been changed or altered.

DeletedUser36559

If lending an item to a player and the player decides to pay the money later is classed as pushing then it needs to be made more clear. The rule currently states:

Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash.

Yes, the lending of an item is prearranged but if the player pays the money back will both the seller and buyer get banned?

Snr Sarg

I canm't imagine any circumstances where giving another player any amount of cash could be deemed as anything but pushing.

So, I agree, it's a trap.

And if not, how about the mods give us some examples of when this might be acceptable?

DeletedUser

LOL! I have read the 'I have read and agree to follow the rules of The West' ... five years ago. What kind of genius posts this question without a link to the current policy? :D Want to sign your name to this???

DeletedUser35520

its not a trick or a trap. they simply cannot come out and say, "1 million is the cap", because then those wanting to abuse it would transfer cash for the amount of $999,999. It may be vague or annoying to some, but it has a purpose. I'm sure just as with the pushing ban appeals process, if you were banned for using cash transfer, the moderator would go and look at the reason listed for the transfer, if the cash was actually used for the stated purpose, was this a one time thing or happens frequently, are the accounts from the same IP address, etc, etc, etc... Meaning, as stated, they would use their best judgement to determine if the player in question was in fact pushing. If you find yourself sending an amount of money that you think is questionable, then do not send it. There are workarounds available. Ex: If the cash is for the other player to buy gear, then buy the gear for them and relist at cost, then nothing to worry about, as long as that was the actual intended purpose.

DeletedUser1121

It is allowed to transfer money between players using the tool that was designed for it.

We will not ban players for using it. Even if they transfer 10 million.

The following line was put in the announcement:
"The West moderation team can oppose any transactions made as well as issue punishment or bans for said transactions at our discretion."

This was put here in case of abuse of the transfer system. Abuse can best be defined in relationship to blackmailing people or threatening people to transfer cash. As you all surely can imagine, this can't and won't be accepted.

This basically makes the pushing rule regarding markets obsolete, since it is the same to transfer cash through bank or market.

the pushing rule regarding duelling and bounties stays in place.

I hope this clarifies some of the questions you have regarding the newly enabled feature.

Snr Sarg

It is allowed to transfer money between players using the tool that was designed for it.

We will not ban players for using it. Even if they transfer 10 million.

The following line was put in the announcement:
"The West moderation team can oppose any transactions made as well as issue punishment or bans for said transactions at our discretion."

This was put here in case of abuse of the transfer system. Abuse can best be defined in relationship to blackmailing people or threatening people to transfer cash. As you all surely can imagine, this can't and won't be accepted.

This basically makes the pushing rule regarding markets obsolete, since it is the same to transfer cash through bank or market.

the pushing rule regarding duelling and bounties stays in place.

I hope this clarifies some of the questions you have regarding the newly enabled feature.

So Desi, would the following scenario be acceptable:

Player A, a fort fighter, is being bothered by 4 or 5 duelers daily and asks Player B, a dueler, to help him out. Player A doesn't want to set a bounty, as that system can be abused by push duels, so offers to 'pay' player B to protect him by keeping those duelers busy on the defensive.

DeletedUser1121

So Desi, would the following scenario be acceptable:

Player A, a fort fighter, is being bothered by 4 or 5 duelers daily and asks Player B, a dueler, to help him out. Player A doesn't want to set a bounty, as that system can be abused by push duels, so offers to 'pay' player B to protect him by keeping those duelers busy on the defensive.

Do you want me to exclude every scenario you can come up with from repercussions?

I thought i was pretty clear. You are allowed to give money to others. You can not demand money from others or force others to give you money. I believe you have enough common sense to place your actions to be in compliance of these two very simple rules.