Whisper via ff screen

DeletedUser35746

Proposal
Introduce an option to open menu during fort fight when double clicking on the player icon on ff screen with following options: View profile, Whisper, Swap.

Current Workaround
If you want to whisper to someone during ff (for example to ask for swap), you need to find him in the chat list (or type tell <name>:), which may take a lot of time comparing to the length of a round (especially when you have a small screen or use a touchpad).

Details
View profile
When you choose this option, a player profile will open. It may be useful when you want to see player's clothing or town or you want to send him telegram.
Whisper
When you choose this option, a new whisper window in the chat will be created between you and the player you are whispering to. This may be important when you want to warn someone or give some instruction when he doesn't respond in fort chat.
Swap
When you choose this option, the automessage in fort chat will appear and the swap will be set automaticly (but just player who ask for swap, other must set it manualy). The player asking for swap will be highlighted on battle screen of player who has been asked for swap.
Example: Player A needs a swap. He finds a player B nearby who can swap him. He double clicks on icon of player B and chooses an option Swap. The system message SWAP B<==>A appears in fort chat so everyone knows about this swap request. The swap arrow A on B is set automaticly. Player B gets sound notification and the player A is highlighted on B's screen. Then he must set his swap target manualy (place arrow on player A). When swap is set, highlighting disappears and the arrow change colour to green (same as nowadays).

Summary
This idea make communication during ff easier, so players can focus more on ff.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I like it.
Untitled123456.png

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]I love it! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can you add a “swap” button below player profile and whisper? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Click swap and have it maybe auto whisper “swap”. Maybe even highlight the player’s icon that wants to swap?[/FONT]

DeletedUser33342

Yes, why even add the whisper button?
Introduce a "swap" option, the player gets an auto-whisper from the system which you ofcourse can answer:

[8:17] Allmar: "System: Allmar ask for a swap with you, MotherFreeBird550!"
[8:17] MotherFreeBird550: set
[8:17] Allmar: green, thanks

DeletedUser22685

If that swap feature is introduced there'll need to be some kind of spam prevention in place.

DeletedUser33342

First abuse prevention could be you can only whisper players in a sector near yours as you can only swap that way. But that's only one part of many.

DeletedUser30224

The whisper is to communicate with people speedily. What you want to say to them is entirely up to you. I rather not have system messages. I used to often whisper people to move because they are in danger as well. Plus whispering Allmar like this: "Can you please swap me, I'm 2 down one right" is much nicer than "System: Can you swap me?" By the way, when whispering you create a new chat tab with your name on the top, so the person knows who you are but rarely knows where you are.

On the other hand, adding the functionality of sending automated messages in the fort chat for swaps would not be a bad idea.

• View Profile
  • Whisper
  • Swap
Where Swap submits a message to the fort chat: "SWAP: zd3no <==> Allmar". Such actions should also generate a notification sound the same way a whisper does.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33342

• View Profile
  • Whisper
  • Swap
Where Swap submits a message to the fort chat: "SWAP: zd3no <==> Allmar". Such actions should also generate a notification sound the same way a whisper does.

Very nice! Mayby you can even let the system set target emmediately without more clicking? And highlight the 2 players on eachothers screen?

DeletedUser30224

Very nice! Mayby you can even let the system set target emmediately without more clicking? And highlight the 2 players on eachothers screen?

Highlighting problem: If two or more players ask for swap with you, which highlight will stand? Both? Last?
Autotargetting: I assume you mean on your side; ie when you ask for swap, the arrow will automatically be pointing to the player you asked, however that does not mean the player will actually swap with you, he/she still has to do it manually, unless you provide a click-able reply button in the chat screen that will do that for you.

Example: zd3no's request action:Results in setting target to player X and posting this message "SWAP: zd3no <==> Allmar" in the battle chat for everyone to see.
X's response action: If X clicks in the battle chat on the "SWAP:" part of the message, the swap will be set automatically. Only X can do this, any other player cannot.

Some problems that I can see: If too many swaps are requested at once, it can disorientate people, therefore color code it dependant on the recipient (Only the recipient see it Bold and Green, everyone else as standard message).

On the other hand, I would be happy with a simple message that everyone can see and players have to do it all by themselves.

DeletedUser33342

Highlight:
I'd say both for the highlight problem so you actually know who else is in danger and needs a swap,
like that you can warn her/him that you're going to swap someone else.

Autotarget:
yes, only your target will be set automatically.

Another option to avoid the disoriented people:
When someone asks you to swap, you get an image in the right part of your screen where the avatar is displayed. You simply have to click "confirm/deny". If different players ask for a swap, you get more "confirm/deny"-buttons.

More ideas:
change colour in battlescreen of players "asking swap" and players "ready to swap", like a status you can set, so without someone asking you.

DeletedUser30224

westamn jr. , some formidable improvements have been suggested already, all good stuff imo. Please update your proposal and I'm polling this. Keep it simple though, the more complex you'll make it, the less chance you'll get that it will actually be implemented. Also the whisper idea is cool if you want to send a manual message to a player who is on the battlefield, but for swaps I highly suggest avoiding whispering as that can be unbelievably annoying when more than 3 whispers are coming your way in one round.

DeletedUser35746

It has been here for a month with no comment so I assume it may go for voting.