Biggest pet peeves on The West?

DeletedUser35277

Duelers can hit you from a really far distance away. How is this in any way fair or
realistic? We have to go right to them, but they can hit you from another county.
We have drones in the West ? Something needs to be done about it.

Deleted User - 1278415

Duelers can hit you from a really far distance away. How is this in any way fair or
realistic? We have to go right to them, but they can hit you from another county.
We have drones in the West ? Something needs to be done about it.

I'll get my worker building on that, do you have a recipe or build plans yet for this drone thingy? :D

Deleted User - 3853873

MY biggest peeve at the game is ,how bad it is for new people that are starting.you have know clue that your decisions at level 10 will reflect that you cant do some quest like little things at lv 57. you run threw the first levels so quick just opening the windows and tuturiol.then when you get high enough you get song book wait all week for that 20 minute time window to do a quest,to get a item the letter to do another quest but cant cause you made wrong decisions on lv 10 quest.that is poor game design and will turn lot new players away.

DeletedUser

:laugh:

Right on Dysotype! I have burned dinner countless times playing the game ;)

DeletedUser35968

MY biggest peeve at the game is ,how bad it is for new people that are starting.you have know clue that your decisions at level 10 will reflect that you cant do some quest like little things at lv 57. you run threw the first levels so quick just opening the windows and tuturiol.then when you get high enough you get song book wait all week for that 20 minute time window to do a quest,to get a item the letter to do another quest but cant cause you made wrong decisions on lv 10 quest.that is poor game design and will turn lot new players away.

me and my friends waited for the same for months, until someone noticed the conditions on tw-db.info. you knew, the time period was almost midnight for us.

DeletedUser

1 - Being able to buy skill and attribute points and special items like the Declaration of Independence. It's not really a level playing field when someone can buy stuff like that, or 200 attribute points and 400 skill points. If ever there was something that would ensure that I wouldn't buy anything with real money, that would be exactly it. Instead it's making me consider if I should just quit the game entirely.

2 - Resistance melee duelers being way, way to powerful.

3 - Having to be online a specific day, at a specific time in order to complete part of some quest. Sunday morning a xx.xx or tuesday evening at yy.yy you have to do this that or the other job. We do have other things to do, such as work or attend school.

4 - I can't help it. I have to mention this. Forts! I can't stand them, or the annoying players that CONSTANTLY spam you with invitations to join in a fortbattle through messages to everyone who happens to be a member of a town who is in an alliance. How that is somehow not spamming, is completely beyond me. At the same time, it's extremely annoying that you have to complete fortbattles in order to even be able to get to a ton of quests. Entirely too much focus on those Forts from Inno.

I have to add another little thing. When you're looking at other areas of the map, and you arrive at a new job, get into town or reach a fort, why on earth does the map have to center on my player? Completely pointless and utterly annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33342

So you hate duelling because it's not equal, you hate forts, you hate difficult quest, you hate the map, why do you play the game actually? :D :D

DeletedUser

1 - Being able to buy skill and attribute points and special items like the Declaration of Independence. It's not really a level playing field when someone can buy stuff like that, or 200 attribute points and 400 skill points....

Not being critical here, just wanting to clarify what I feel is a common misperception:

Buying 200 AP?!? Let's estimate the cost:
First time is what, 18 nuggets? Then it adds 18 each time, so the second buy is 36, 3rd buy is 54, 4th buy is 72, etc...

So to buy 200AP it's 361800 nuggets. A very likely scenario. ;) For that kind of money I might just donate it direct to Inno and ask them to give me like 500AP! Or at least I'd ask for some kind of bulk purchase benefit. :laugh:

Now, it's much more reasonable to assume a normal player might buy what 5-10, although I personally believe there's practically no chance of this. Why would you NOT buy 5-10 points. Because for the nuggets you spend, nowadays even basic gear can give you that kind of boost. And will 5-10 points make you superior over others in the game? No chance. You might become a slightly better dueler, or slightly more HP in forting, or maybe a bit more cash/luck in finding stuff at work, but not at everything.

DeletedUser

Not being critical here, just wanting to clarify what I feel is a common misperception:

Buying 200 AP?!? Let's estimate the cost:
First time is what, 18 nuggets? Then it adds 18 each time, so the second buy is 36, 3rd buy is 54, 4th buy is 72, etc...

So to buy 200AP it's 361800 nuggets.

AP = Attribute points = 54 nuggets for the first, then increasing with 54 each purchase.
SP = Skill points = 18 nuggets for the first, then increasing with 18 each purchase.

200AP for 360k nuggets would've been a no-brainer. ;)
Unfortunately, the way I do the math, 200 AP ends up at a price of close to 1.1 million nuggets.

DeletedUser

Fair enough, but either way, an insane amount of RL money to spend on buying skills when, with every new tombola/event, you can get new sets that give you a substantial increase in your skills anyway.

360k nuggets would be what - Roughly 75 purchases of the 4750 nuggets at roughly €80 each. €6000 a no-brainer?!? Hats off to you Anders! ;)

Snr Sarg

I'll tell you my biggest peeve in the game, other than the bottomless pocketed nugget munchers.

Inno's greed taking the mickey.

The latest 'Soccer' set - 164.95 euros

FFS, I could almost just go to Brazil to watch the WC for that kind of money, I feel sorry for the parents of the kids that play this game.

I am absolutely fuming about this, time to find another game methinks, and not one from Inno either

DeletedUser33797

I'll tell you my biggest peeve in the game, other than the bottomless pocketed nugget munchers.

Inno's greed taking the mickey.

The latest 'Soccer' set - 164.95 euros

FFS, I could almost just go to Brazil to watch the WC for that kind of money, I feel sorry for the parents of the kids that play this game.

I am absolutely fuming about this, time to find another game methinks, and not one from Inno either

People come and people go from this game.With or without you the game will go on.Take a look around in the gaming world.All of them are trying to make money .That`s all there is to it .The internet gaming it`s just a business.All you can do it`s to try and find the fun in it .If you can`t ,then just move along and find something that is suites your needs and your idea of fun.There are and there always be people that will give a small fortune to be number 1.Don`t fell bad about it and just think that is there loss :)
Hell as you said i better go to the WC for those money or just wasted them on beer :)
I know a lot of peoples in this game that are having fun without using nuggs
Try an found your own idea of fun in this game without nuggs :)
My biggest peev on this game?
Peoples that can`t realize that this is just a game and games are made to be fun and a way out of the daily routine.
Just try and have fun cause it`s all that matters

DeletedUser33342

My biggest peev on this game?
Peoples that can`t realize that this is just a game and games are made to be fun and a way out of the daily routine.
Just try and have fun cause it`s all that matters

I once read something in a good and qualified newspaper that online games are some kind of "therapy" for people that are depressed or just really sad. It's more than a game for them, it's a second life :) but i do see your point, it's just how you deal with the game :)

DeletedUser

There are a couple of things about the Declaration of Independence that bother me. One, it has almost nothing to do with the west - about as much as the Magna Carta.
Two, it should be for sale always. It really is an item primarily used by cheaters - legal cheaters. You have to know someone who knows someone who knows when it will be on sale for 5 minutes. Basically, if you don't have a scarecrow nose, you aren't getting one. (look up that little piece of americana) Getting one has nothing to do with how well you play the game.

DeletedUser33353

There are a couple of things about the Declaration of Independence that bother me. One, it has almost nothing to do with the west - about as much as the Magna Carta.
Two, it should be for sale always. It really is an item primarily used by cheaters - legal cheaters. You have to know someone who knows someone who knows when it will be on sale for 5 minutes. Basically, if you don't have a scarecrow nose, you aren't getting one. (look up that little piece of americana) Getting one has nothing to do with how well you play the game.

So, you are calling players that have that item a cheater? That is a super rare item, one that should always stay that way Para.

DeletedUser22685

This is just a friendly reminder to keep the comments here on topic. Several posts have been deleted, and if arguments continue to stray away from the topic at hand or become personal in nature, notices and possibly infractions will be handed out to the offenders.

Let's keep this light hearted, a place where we can point out the small things that irk us rather than bash the game, its developers or other players.

DeletedUser35520

Dating back to the original sale, I missed out, as others did, but the 2nd batch was advertised far in advance. You certainly cannot call that "knowing someone" as I'm pretty sure it was shown not only in the forums, but also as the in game server announcement, which would have had to be "marked as read" by all. That aside, they were again offered during the Xmas event, which I won 3 DOI's on 3 worlds via the bags. Not everyone had them drop, some spent a ton of nuggets trying, which sucks, but sadly part of it.

Getting one of anything in the game really does not have to do with how well you play. Items like the GG, the best and worst player can get, Camel, collectors sets, those are 99% dedication over skill. For me, if you want to pick items as pet peeves, pick the ones given to inactive players to lure them back. Many, many of us everyday playing folk would certainly love them more:fisherman: