Anomalies in The West

DeletedUser

I spent an hour making this thread then I x'd out the tab by accident so now it will be short and sweet.

JOBS

Why is "Explore the West" 10x harder than "Exploration"? Also, "Lead an Expedition" is redundant.

WHY IS ARM WRESTLING SO HARD!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why does "Work as a Peace Officer" even exist? "Peace Negotiations" is more specific. Also, "Work as a Peace Officer" is far harder than "Peace Negotiations", which is senseless.

Why is "Work as a Preacher" 5x harder than "Evangelizing"? They both are very similar, and in the Old West, Evangelizing would have been much more difficult.

Why are "Order Troops" and "Recruit Soldiers" much harder than "Serving in the Army"?

"Colonize New Land" and "Work as a Trapper" are too vague.

"Work as a Gunslinger" Is redundant next to all those gunslinger jobs.

Why is "Harvest Chili Peppers" so difficult?

What exactly does "Work as an Undertaker" do to make it so much more difficult than "Digging Graves" and "Building Coffins"?

INVENTORY

Wild Bill Longley's Merwin Hulbert revolver is a crazy name.

Fancy Shawl has to be one of the most unoriginal names I've seen.

Why aren't there any non-modified named fort guns?

What's the difference between a Wild Leather Hat and a normal Leather Hat?

What's the difference between an Indian Feather Hat and the Feather Headdresses?

Normal Stone Chains and Talismans are still useless?

How come a Nickle Plated Tomahawk is so much more powerful than a normal Tomahawk? Was the complicated process of Nickle Plating even around in the Old West?

Fishing Pants are a joke.

What's the difference between Cowboy Boots and Riding Boots?

Why are Navy Revolvers so much stronger than Army Revolvers?

Quarter Horses are the fastest horses in the world.

What's a Yuma?

~~~

There's probably a lot more but I got bored.

DeletedUser34767

Why are Navy Revolvers so much stronger than Army Revolvers?

Don't know as the the typical Colt Army Revolver ( .44 caliber ) fired a larger round than the typical Colt Navy Revolver ( .36 caliber/ modified .38 caliber ).

Probably because it is a game and not real life. :)

DeletedUser

now if that post ain't worth a positive rep i don't know what is ROFL

DeletedUser35277

Dark Terror said "Quarter Horses are the fastest horses in the world"
No, they're not.
Easter Tombola horses are faster. New' Indian pony' horses are faster.
And if you are talking about real life. Same answer. LOL

DeletedUser

You don´t know a peace officer???? They existed right after the civil war that started America like we know it today.
And they got 2 other points, one of them it still active today: UN peace officers. Very different (and 70000000000 times more dangerous) than the peace negoaciators.

Explore the west is not the same thing than leading a exploration... exploring is a kinda of science thing. Leading a exploration you are the big dog that choose where your team goes. In the old west those where the ones that checked the land for possible colonization.

Arm Wrestling is so hard... if you have skills on other things (same thing for most of the new jobs).

Evangelizing was dangerous yes... but it was in the 1500-1600. Not in the late 1800. Remember the reasons for some situations that where "solved" after the american civil war? Many preachers where killed because they voiced some discordy against the leadership. :D the evangelizing was very easy just some book reading on some churchs. Kinda like it is today... depending on the religion and place.

DeletedUser22107

Yuma 225% then Winter 200% are the two fastest horses currently

DeletedUser34767

You don´t know a peace officer???? They existed right after the civil war that started America like we know it today.
And they got 2 other points, one of them it still active today: UN peace officers. Very different (and 70000000000 times more dangerous) than the peace negoaciators.

Explore the west is not the same thing than leading a exploration... exploring is a kinda of science thing. Leading a exploration you are the big dog that choose where your team goes. In the old west those where the ones that checked the land for possible colonization.

Arm Wrestling is so hard... if you have skills on other things (same thing for most of the new jobs).

Evangelizing was dangerous yes... but it was in the 1500-1600. Not in the late 1800. Remember the reasons for some situations that where "solved" after the american civil war? Many preachers where killed because they voiced some discordy against the leadership. :D the evangelizing was very easy just some book reading on some churchs. Kinda like it is today... depending on the religion and place.

The term peace officer, at least in the United States, is synonymous with a law enforcement officer, police officer, county sheriff, ... The term would not be used in regards to UN peacekeeping operations. Don't know what the job is titled in German but the translation into English, at least here in the States makes it just another law enforcement type job.

Evangelizing would have been much more dangerous than working as a preacher. Evangelizing involves trying to convert others to your religion ( in the case of the old west it would mostly Christianity ). It could be very dangerous especially for those who we trying to convert the Native Americans.

Preaching in general evokes more of the idea of giving a sermon to those of the same religion. It could still be dangerous if your subject matter went against the local government or economic interests but was probably safer in general than evangelizing.

The west we play in is the west of adventure books and cinematic movies and that is what makes it fun to play. I do get a chuckle out of some of the content in the game that either translates poorly or does not really make sense with the historical west. But at the end of the day historical inaccuracies and funny translations don't affect the game play in the least.

DeletedUser26820

When it starts with:
"I spent an hour making this thread then I x'd out the tab by accident..."
We know we've got genius from the get-go.

Please step away from the rocket booster engines before they get x'd by accident after an hour of work...

"Why is Harvest Chili Peppers so difficult?"

Have you ever spent a few hours harvesting jalepeno peppers with bare hands and then tried to take your contacts out at the end of the day?
Obviously not, or it wouldn't be a question here.
It's the same with peeling crawfish for 2-3 hours and then taking your contacts out.

"Why aren't there any non-modified named fort guns?"
With this question, you're kidding, right? Just asked it to see how many players would respond to it? Who would want to purchase a stock gun from a manufacturer and then non-modify it??? This is silly both in a game and RL. It's like taking a Mercedes-Benz and non-modifying, or knocking it down, into a golf cart. Go buy a golf cart if that's what you want.

The Black Fishing Pants aren't a joke....
They're the best pants for building/construction from level 110 to level 136 or ???.
Call them what you will, but they're still the best.
Not a joke.

"Normal Stone Chains and Talismans are still useless?"
Who cares? Were you expecting Fire & Ice or Thunder & Lighting bonuses from them from the last upgrade?

Does it really matter if EVERY detail makes sense or is historically correct or factually based?
Absolutely not.
What matters is that the game is somewhat historically correct and/or accurate, is somewhat whacky and out of balance, and ALL the time fun AND fair and an even playing field for ALL that seek opportunity.

So if "Wild Bill Longley's Merwin Hulbert revolver is a crazy name", keep it out of your donkey sack. Some of us look forward to pulling a revolver with a name that long in a duel. We'll overwhelm you with it's name before we fire the first shot :)

DeletedUser

When it starts with:
"I spent an hour making this thread then I x'd out the tab by accident..."
We know we've got genius from the get-go.

Please step away from the rocket booster engines before they get x'd by accident after an hour of work...

"Why is Harvest Chili Peppers so difficult?"

Have you ever spent a few hours harvesting jalepeno peppers with bare hands and then tried to take your contacts out at the end of the day?
Obviously not, or it wouldn't be a question here.
It's the same with peeling crawfish for 2-3 hours and then taking your contacts out.

"Why aren't there any non-modified named fort guns?"
With this question, you're kidding, right? Just asked it to see how many players would respond to it? Who would want to purchase a stock gun from a manufacturer and then non-modify it??? This is silly both in a game and RL. It's like taking a Mercedes-Benz and non-modifying, or knocking it down, into a golf cart. Go buy a golf cart if that's what you want.

The Black Fishing Pants aren't a joke....
They're the best pants for building/construction from level 110 to level 136 or ???.
Call them what you will, but they're still the best.
Not a joke.

"Normal Stone Chains and Talismans are still useless?"
Who cares? Were you expecting Fire & Ice or Thunder & Lighting bonuses from them from the last upgrade?

Does it really matter if EVERY detail makes sense or is historically correct or factually based?
Absolutely not.
What matters is that the game is somewhat historically correct and/or accurate, is somewhat whacky and out of balance, and ALL the time fun AND fair and an even playing field for ALL that seek opportunity.

So if "Wild Bill Longley's Merwin Hulbert revolver is a crazy name", keep it out of your donkey sack. Some of us look forward to pulling a revolver with a name that long in a duel. We'll overwhelm you with it's name before we fire the first shot :)

Sorry that this post has offended you so much, deiben. Of course, seeing as you've been purposely trying to stir up trouble with me in-game too, this is not unexpected at all. I'll just ignore your flaming attempts and offer you a cookie :up:

DeletedUser

ur playing a game where wearing shiny pants makes u tougher and u call these anomalies? im still tryin to find where i can 'work as mc hammer' and i'll be set,,

DeletedUser26820

Sorry that this post has offended you so much, deiben. Of course, seeing as you've been purposely trying to stir up trouble with me in-game too, this is not unexpected at all. I'll just ignore your flaming attempts and offer you a cookie :up:

As there aren't any "cookies" currently available in the game, cookies would only add to your already immense list of anomalies.

Maybe a slice of apple pie and cup of warm cider or coffee would be more appropriate for setting of the game :D

DeletedUser36029

I don't know deiben I still have cookies in my inventory, but then I am a hoarder.... So that comment has just been invalidated. Anomalies are what makes the game after all. However I am not offering to share any of my cookies. They are MINE I tell you, allllll mine! Not sharing my catnip either :D

p.s. LOL at that post, think my fav part is the chillis and contact lenses

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35968

Ben Holiday's riding boots doesn't have any Horse back riding skills. Then why its called so?
Pat F Garret and Pat Garret, both are same person?

DeletedUser35120

Ben Holiday's riding boots doesn't have any Horse back riding skills. Then why its called so?

Maybe it's the other 'riding' which they want to mean..but that skill ain't here in the west :p

Not sure whether Pat garett and Pat F. Garett are the same person, but sure one has an extra 'F' in it.

DeletedUser

It's been a long time since this thread was active I know, but now I have two more I want to ask:

1. Why does my in-game clothing calc decide that the best possible wear to hunt buffalo is a rather fetching purple basque?

2. Why am I drilling oil in a near-full WM set, in all its glorious whiteness?? :/