Come forth and share with us..

DeletedUser30224

Hello dear forum members,

It has come to my attention that our Community Manager, DaTwista, would like to compile a list of minor changes that you might want to make regarding the current game edition.

Over the course of the next few days, let us get our heads together and post our proposed changes. Please provide us with minor fixes only, such that can be coded easily and do not require a lot of time to implement, mainly contextual changes, visual changes and so on, not full fledged ideas.

Example: Add the option to see only duel-able players in sheriff; Change the report message when extraordinary success in crafting is achieved and so on.

Do not be shy to post your ideas, i'll sort them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I have edited your posts when I have extracted these ideas. They are marked in your posts in green colour.

1. Allow a search by seller in the market @ Supraxus
2. Allow a search by town in the market @ Supraxus
3. Review 30 new jobs and assign them higher luck values (possibly higher exp or cash) @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]review the 30 new jobs, especially their luck range, its fun to have 1 new superluck job, but the other 29 aren't even in the top 15 of best luck jobs, which for their insane difficulty is just balls, some might have a similar or tiny wee higher base luck then other jobs, but that gets negated due to the much higher difficulty. Luck ranges on most jobs should increase, No one, but really no one gonna do a job that gives 350 xp and 500 dollar per hour with a 500-1500 luckrange if you can do a 300 xp 1000 dollar 2000-6000 luck range job. basically the new jobs need an improvement to make them actually worthwhile.[/spoil]
4. Multi craft, multi bid, multi pickup from market @ various
[spoil]A: i hate it that if i pick up 5 items from the market or click on 5 crafts etc, or even other silly stuff i get into some server overload you gotta cool down now for 5 mins, and then can't do anything.
B: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=53817[/spoil]
5. Increase the drop rate of Dig for rare Gemstones job @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]massively increase the drop of coal on the dig for rare gemstones job, its nonsense such a difficult job has simply a lower droprate then coal mining with 5 golden pickaxes[/spoil]
6. Increase the bonus or attributes of Maya Roalstad's scarf @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]Charlie quest line is the most annoying and longest quest in this game, yet the reward the Maya scarf became 2000% less awesome due to all the new sets, in the past all the trouble was worth it, these days you get a useless scarf, maybe improve the maya scarf a bit[/spoil]
7. Increase the rewards of newly added high level quests @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]reconsider the xp rewards on the 3 new high level quests, maybe add a 0 to all xp rewards (ok and maybe make it a bit harder) quest don't have to be able to finish in 1-2 days, its kinda silly that with 3 duels on travvelling circus or hope dies last you get way more xp then those entire new questlines? you can say 3 days free income, energy is a big reward etc might sounds great, but if you realize its worth about 10 nuggets and logging in 5 days on a row already give 15 nuggets and is a lot easier, it kinda seems a small reward.[/spoil]
8. Eliminate time element from time-dependent quests for .net @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]this one is actually most important for me. The west became a very international game, and as such timed quests can really spoil this game for questers of different continents, today i spoke to an aussie who never done belle stars deringer quests since it required him to be awake between 2 and 6 am. And there many more examples where timezones totally screws people out of the quests. there basically 2 options if devs wanna keep timed quests: either when registering, also indicate your timezone. making a timed quests asking you to finish a quest between 8 and 12 am, also 8 and 12 am in your local time(to prevent cheating you need to register your timezone ingame, and cannot change it)/ Or change timed requirements to windows of 8-12 hours on certain days. But stuff like monday between 19:00 and 19:20 basically messes up any japanese, australian etc who simply isn't able to wake up in the middle of the night.[/spoil]
9. Adjust boxes to drop more consistent rewards that relate to the value of the box @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]these new boxes blow, even for 750 bonds you have barely any chance for a shiny, and even if you get a shiny fat chance you can't even use it, reconsider the rewards from those chests, maybe make the 750 bond chests like the current steel chests: only level 100+ 15k+ worth precise\fancy items (66% of the drops) or named items(33% of the drops), whereas the 2000 bond one is only shiny's and the 250 bond one has a 10% on shiny, 20% on fancy and 70% chance on the rest. but currently the 250 and 750 bond chests just give regular crap you can find in your tailor[/spoil]
10. Adjust the health of high lvl NPC's to be easier to KO @ Zeta-Nacy
[spoil]many new quests, need you to ko npcs, this is somewhat easy when your a dueller, but a level 30 or 50 quests still are generall considered not to hard, but as level 130-140 a npc dueller barely ever has below 1800-2000 hp(level 120 was bad, but 130-140 is a nightmare) making requirements to ko and X amount of npcs insanely excruciating hard. don't make npcs easier but reconsider their hp badly, this will also improve the doability of collected 1000 $ from npc duelling (thats like 100 npc duels)[/spoil]
11. Translation adjustment of "Beaten unconscious in NPC duels" @ Zeta-Navy
[spoil]Beaten unconscious in NPC duels --> this is an english translation error, and it helps if you find something a bit more clear so i don't have to explain my noobies that they actually have to ko the npc and not themselves in the duel(for native speakers easy to understand maybe, but meh it is just not clear[/spoil]
12. Instantly join a town for a price of 10 nugg when joining from Town Board as well @ rcris74
[spoil]Allow townless people to join a town for the price of 10 nuggets by using the town board (atm you have to wait a period of time if you leave a town and want to join another using the board no nugget option for you to join immediately like when you get an invite)[/spoil]
13. Search option for items in town shops @ Cameahwait
[spoil]5) create a search for item button - could be in a store - where you can search for an item in your town, alliance or world for certain items to buy (not in the market).[/spoil]
14. Make changes to hp and energy instant and not have to refresh or click on the character screen @ Cameahwait
15. Re-code all inventory items so they are all in their sets eg all ponchos together. @ Cameahwait
16. Don't close the quest window after clicking on it to walk. Why can't it just stay open instead of having to re-open it again to read the instructions? @ Cameahwait
17. Make the number of AP/SP that an NPC has be realistic tot heir level. They should also not exceed level 150 as that is our cap. @ Cameahwait
18. Make visible at the current fortfights overview from what alliance the town that owns the fort, is. @ Allmar
19. Make the blackboard have a list of people that can't join. @ Gandalf Greyhame
20. Make hovering over a duel report say if it was a KO, not just a win. @ Gandalf Greyhame
21. Make it so that using the blackboard doesn't wipe all your invites. That's a serious pain. @ Gandalf Greyhame
22. Ability to hide items I have only 1 of .(a way to see only the extras) @ DanteNightroad
23. Bring back the pin on mini-map (aka. option to turn on/off autoclosing) @ abbyghail
24. Add exact percentage next to danger/motivation in job window @ abbyghail
25. Change icons on minimap for different fort sizes @ abbyghail
26. Tidy up town shops to show all items of same category together @ abbyghail
27. Option to disable system messages @ TallManNL
[spoil]Allow me to turn off those system messages in my chat about fort fights on worlds I don't
do FF anyway.[/spoil]
28. Receive 'Auction Expired' reports @ Anny Hudson
29. Ability to use a combination of Bonds + Nuggets when making a purchase from bond shop @ JohnnyReb863
[spoil]As of right now we are able to use both Bonds and Nuggets in the Union Pacific Shop but are unable to use a combination of them to make one purchase. I would suggest a system where the player is able to choose how many bonds and how many nuggets they would like to use on one purchase. [/spoil]
30. Add a count of how many "wanted for" reasons of the same type a player has @ Gandalf Greyhame
[spoil]If you had 4 bounties on you, 2 x unfair dueling, 1 x lame profile, and 1x train robbery, there would be either " Two counts of Unfair Dueling" or 2x unfair dueling instead of just unfair dueling.[/spoil]
31. Option to search blackboard for town names @rcris74
32. Allow the chat topic text to be copied into clipboard @rcris74

DeletedUser

I'll get it started!

1. How's about, add a search function to the quest book, so you can look up specific quest sections and/or easily re-read the text...
2. Allow a search by seller in the market
3. Allow a search by town in the market

4. Enable Town/Alliance checkboxes in the market if #3 is a no
5. Allow sorting of inventory alphabetically (dunno, might be hard to code this for everyone), per category

DeletedUser

1. review the 30 new jobs, especially their luck range, its fun to have 1 new superluck job, but the other 29 aren't even in the top 15 of best luck jobs, which for their insane difficulty is just balls, some might have a similar or tiny wee higher base luck then other jobs, but that gets negated due to the much higher difficulty. Luck ranges on most jobs should increase, No one, but really no one gonna do a job that gives 350 xp and 500 dollar per hour with a 500-1500 luckrange if you can do a 300 xp 1000 dollar 2000-6000 luck range job. basically the new jobs need an improvement to make them actually worthwhile.

2. i hate it that if i pick up 5 items from the market or click on 5 crafts etc, or even other silly stuff i get into some server overload you gotta cool down now for 5 mins, and then can't do anything.

3. change the saddle pomel recipy back to green emeralds or ruby's instead of those semi precious stones, those uncut emeralds drop supermuch on the most done job in this game: travelling merchant

4. massively increase the drop of coal on the dig for rare gemstones job, its nonsense such a difficult job has simply a lower droprate then coal mining with 5 golden pickaxes

5. Make either less recipies dependent on resin, or change the requirements for resin to easier droppable products, resin is just too big bottleneck for other craft despite that it is such a low level craft

6. Make golden rings on jobs only work on 1 hour jobs, so that they arent gone in 5 minutes every time

7. make the products of the new jobs auctionable (believe thats already gonna happen)

8. make it possible to sell everything half price(named items, products) like on el dorado Edit: Zdeno: Provide more details for players that do not play El Dorado

9. Charlie quest line is the most annoying and longest quest in this game, yet the reward the Maya scarf became 2000% less awesome due to all the new sets, in the past all the trouble was worth it, these days you get a useless scarf, maybe improve the maya scarf a bit

10. reconsider the xp rewards on the 3 new high level quests, maybe add a 0 to all xp rewards (ok and maybe make it a bit harder) quest don't have to be able to finish in 1-2 days, its kinda silly that with 3 duels on travvelling circus or hope dies last you get way more xp then those entire new questlines? you can say 3 days free income, energy is a big reward etc might sounds great, but if you realize its worth about 10 nuggets and logging in 5 days on a row already give 15 nuggets and is a lot easier, it kinda seems a small reward.

11. ok this is not easy to implement, but i remember we got the new inventory etc so the game would be loading faster etc. i got superfast internet and a fine pc, but this game seems to get slower with every update

12. this one is actually most important for me. The west became a very international game, and as such timed quests can really spoil this game for questers of different continents, today i spoke to an aussie who never done belle stars deringer quests since it required him to be awake between 2 and 6 am. And there many more examples where timezones totally screws people out of the quests. there basically 2 options if devs wanna keep timed quests: either when registering, also indicate your timezone. making a timed quests asking you to finish a quest between 8 and 12 am, also 8 and 12 am in your local time(to prevent cheating you need to register your timezone ingame, and cannot change it)/ Or change timed requirements to windows of 8-12 hours on certain days. But stuff like monday between 19:00 and 19:20 basically messes up any japanese, australian etc who simply isn't able to wake up in the middle of the night.

13. ha the cursed 13 is duelling, i can suggest loads of this, but they working on it on the beta already actively, so no use suggesting stuff here about it, guess folks should do that on the beta forums

14. these new boxes blow, even for 750 bonds you have barely any chance for a shiny, and even if you get a shiny fat chance you can't even use it, reconsider the rewards from those chests, maybe make the 750 bond chests like the current steel chests: only level 100+ 15k+ worth precise\fancy items (66% of the drops) or named items(33% of the drops), whereas the 2000 bond one is only shiny's and the 250 bond one has a 10% on shiny, 20% on fancy and 70% chance on the rest. but currently the 250 and 750 bond chests just give regular crap you can find in your tailor

15 many new quests, need you to ko npcs, this is somewhat easy when your a dueller, but a level 30 or 50 quests still are generall considered not to hard, but as level 130-140 a npc dueller barely ever has below 1800-2000 hp(level 120 was bad, but 130-140 is a nightmare) making requirements to ko and X amount of npcs insanely excruciating hard. don't make npcs easier but reconsider their hp badly, this will also improve the doability of collected 1000 $ from npc duelling (thats like 100 npc duels)

16. Beaten unconscious in NPC duels --> this is an english translation error, and it helps if you find something a bit more clear so i don't have to explain my noobies that they actually have to ko the npc and not themselves in the duel(for native speakers easy to understand maybe, but meh it is just not clear

prolly much more but meh!

DeletedUser33797

Allow a search by town button for the townless people in the town board
Allow townless people to join a town for the price of 10 nuggets by using the town board (atm you have to wait a period of time if you leave a town and want to join another using the board no nugget option for you to join immediately like when you get an invite)
Move back the Traveling Merchant (i know it won`t happen but still :) )
Nerf the Greenhorn speed ,i see 5-6 players a day on El Dorado that quits after that greenhorn speed it gone cause they say it`s to slow ,plus with this speed those travel achievements are no more achievements, you can have them at level 1 :)
Add an indicator for how much energy will take to build a building in the town
Allow to share a link via the chat topic or at least the possibility to copy /paste whats written in the topic Edit: Zd3no: To what purpose? Please elaborate.

DeletedUser

1) In duel window, remove all players involved in a fort battle and are unduelable Edit: Zd3no: Already proposed in an idea which I'll add to this list.
2) In duel window, make the players duelable be at your location, not at your end location (of travel/duels)
3) Allow all people signed in at a fort to be duelable again unless they are in the barracks or physically in the fort fight at that time. No protection for sitting at a fort as this will bring in much more tactics like duelling and more team / make more people more active at forts again for different reasons Edit: Zd3no: Abuseable since attacker have no protection what so ever.
5) create a search for item button - could be in a store - where you can search for an item in your town, alliance or world for certain items to buy (not in the market).
6) Make changes to hp and energy instant and not have to refresh or click on the character screen
7) re-code all inventory items so they are all in their sets eg all ponchos together.
8) Don't close the quest window after clicking on it to walk. Why can't it just stay open instead of having to re-open it again to read the instructions?
9) Make the number of AP/SP that an NPC has be realistic tot heir level. They should also not exceed level 150 as that is our cap.

DeletedUser

One big issue with new jobs are the amount of message that they produce, if we can have an option to auto-delete most of the message from jobs that would be nice. By most I mean reports of jobs that do not give you any product, luck drop or you do not get KOed from their injury.

Another thing that I mentioned several times and no one (just a couple of old school players like elmyr back when he was active in forum) pay any attention to it is ADAPTING other aspect of games with each update. Most famous example is 4x price of buying stuff from shops as an outsiders (it was like this from beginning of game that you had to pay other towns fees to get invitation and join them to buy your stuff), hotels fees (which is like this from beginning of the game and back then the $ earned each day was so much less than now) and with new update I think one big aspect that added to mentioned examples is the value of automation premium:

It's not reasonable that still with automation you can use at most 9 jobs in queue but the numbers of times that you need to do the job is twice if you are doing the 15 sec jobs.

Also it's not reasonable that all different duration using same maximum number for queueing so change the number of jobs that you can queue:

4x (9x with automation premium) for 1 hour jobs (like now),
6x (15x with automation premium) for 10 sec jobs and
9x (25 x with automation premiums) for 15 sec jobs.

If you are mixing jobs in the queue the number of max jobs will be based on the higher duration.

DeletedUser35277

I second the motion to be able to search by seller in the market.
I second the motion to drop some HP on those NPC's when we have to KO for a quest.
I doubly second the motion to get rid of server time quest requirements-many of us end up with something at 3am our time! Server day, no problem, server time- BAD.
Here's an original: Is it possible to change our horse/rider color on the map? Say, a white horse or a black horse, just for fun!

DeletedUser33342

Make visible at the current fortfights overview from what alliance the town that owns the fort, is.

An option to toggle off the animations like the jobs popping, the animations at the Fair and the fortfights (soldiers moving, shots, flag wappering.)

DeletedUser23437

I like most of these..

the only thing I would add if your getting a chance to talk to a developer, is that from the info leaking from Beta, they are headed in the wrong direction related to dueling....

just my 2 cents

DeletedUser34315

Make the blackboard have a list of people that can't join.
Make hovering over a duel report say if it was a KO, not just a win.
Make it so that using the blackboard doesn't wipe all your invites. That's a serious pain.

Other than that, most of the ones i could think of have already been mentioned.
Edited to add:
Search function for reports and one for telegrams as well.

DeletedUser

You know what I'd like to see?
Some acknowledgement in the forums. We submit bugs & errors and no one EVER acknowledges those submissions and says Sent to the Development Team or Sent to the Repair Team. It's like we are writing into a black hole. Frankly, I'm just about done submitting fixes. Without a change, I will just accept that nothing is done anyway.

DeletedUser33342

This is a forum, not a develloper's platform.
All we can do is report. You can't expect them to release every week an update :/

DeletedUser

It's pretty simple .. does it get sent for improvement? Then announce it. Yes, that can be expected from any professional organization. You just have to ask if you're professional. Are you getting paid for this? Then, yes, the professional expectation applies.

Slygoxx

If a bug can be reproduced, it'll be reported. At the very least every reported bug will be investigated.

DeletedUser35533

1. has been submitted already , the ability to craft in bulk
2. + 1 to Allow a search by seller in the market
3. ability to hide items I have only 1 of .(a way to see only the extras)
4. NO MORE server time quest requirements.

DeletedUser34781

hover over players in other towns saloons to see when the are out of ko :) its easy if you ko'd them but constant looking in saloon if you didnt but someone else can be annoying.

alot of good ones already posted which i liked

DeletedUser

1. bring back the pin on mini-map (aka. option to turn on/off autoclosing)
2. add exact percentage next to danger/motivation in job window

3. remove autoclosing of questgivers after clicking on walk button or enable walk button after completing the quest
4. add new items into travelling merchant
5. change icons on minimap for different fort sizes
6. tidy up the town shops a little bit. (something like second ID - 1 for hats, 2 for clothing, 3 for necklaces etc. and sort by that first, then regular ID)

DeletedUser23437

ok, I've got one. I recently noticed that NPCs can carry duel weapons beyond their level and was just told this isn't a bug. I would like to see this changed, so that NPCs can only use duel weapons within their level.