Improve the Golden Gun

DeletedUser33342

Yeah ok but what's the best option?
Improve the GG as it is or make a new questline? (if so I need to open a new thread i think..)

DeletedUser33342

this quest will be worth it to equalize the level-cap raise with the golden gun

zvrndo

My oppinion too.Soon we will have FF tanks with 20K HP+.Resistance allready changed fortfights.Increasing GG damage is next logical step.Maybe we should have a quest at 120-125 lvl with price modified GG, to still have difference between plain and modified riffle.New stats should be better, but again not too powerfull.300-380 dmg with current bonuses should be enough.Golden set might have slightly better bonuses too.Maybe +50 speed and 20% HP.

DeletedUser

My oppinion too.Soon we will have FF tanks with 20K HP+.Resistance allready changed fortfights.Increasing GG damage is next logical step.Maybe we should have a quest at 120-125 lvl with price modified GG, to still have difference between plain and modified riffle.New stats should be better, but again not too powerfull.300-380 dmg with current bonuses should be enough.Golden set might have slightly better bonuses too.Maybe +50 speed and 20% HP.

The thing is, you can't make a quest gun better than a pay for gun... i.e. it cannot really be better than 250-350 damage.

zvrndo

Back to times when GG was announced...It was much better then other ''buying riffles''.We didnt have weapons sets back then though, but still GG was flagship FF weapon for years.It was really difficult to get it ( choosing right quest path, reskilling for 3rd key, digging graves for months), but we did it!That sound more difficult then just be lucky and get some ''buying riffle'' from events we had last year.Or just have enough money and buy it from market ( King Fisher's riffle is great weapon ,and you can buy it for 150K ).So thats why I dont agree with Cameahwait idea.It should be better then 250-350 dmg.I think noone would complain about new hard quest, if reward would be modified GG.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I have had enough of the quests to last me a while :)
I 100% agree with this statement. I quest on Colorado. There are a lot of quest out there. I personally just think that we should have an increase of damage so that way the GG is still the best gun in The West. I have been playing this game for a relatively long period of time, on and off again. The GG is the best gun, I don't think that it should be just another gun that people say: "Well I got my GG, now I want the Natty". I just think we need an increase in damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35968

GG can be the great weapon again, if the HP dominance in ffs are over!
I hope, that will happen by the new ff formula.

fortfighter1

I really like the idea of a high level quest line that allows players with the Golden Gun to upgrade to maybe a Scoped Golden Gun or an upgraded version of the GG. Increasing the damage a bit would be appropriate for a higher level player.
Nice idea Allmar!

Like this idea, nice prolonged quest that takes maybe 500 hours of jobbing or longer to complete. Think we all hold GG as a special prize. It was one of the must have items from years ago and would be nice to see its position in the game held in that respect.;)

DeletedUser33342

"in my time" the GG was a legendary weapon. like a myth, attractive, everyone dreaming of it. now it has become a decent weapon compared to others it's not worth it anymore to complete the questline.
HP-dominant battle? Increase the abillities of the GG and make the quest harder, it'll be worth again to find.

DeletedUser

why can't you?

You can't make something that is available to everyone through quests better than a weapon that people pay money for. You totally devalue the purchased items and Inno's current business model is selling these items. They will simply reject an idea that interferes with a premium function - i.e. the purchasing of tombola items with nuggets.

DeletedUser33342

All the guns from tombola's etc can be bought with ingame 'fake' money as well so i don't really see the problem.
same with the new horses, pay 18k $ for a horse that goes faster than an event horse. Same system.
If you do it through quest or through money there is no difference.

DeletedUser35120

Anny, I never found the +5 to help me significantly in fort fights, but I do find that the +65 damage per shot that both my sector and I get from me wearing Munny clothes with Natty rifle set is well worth it. If you are in a large sector attacking with 30 people getting +65 damage per shot, that is a lot more damage dealt per round. It is not just personal benefit, but the benefit of the team.

It's +50, not +65 btw.

Also, these bonuses DO NOT stack. So you're using a pretty much a worthless gear. There is someone or the other in your sector (well at least 80% of the times) who is using Munny's clothing and weapons since he does not have natty's clothing and GG set. Meaning that if you had used Natty's clothing, you would have enjoyed Natty's bonuses and Munny's clothing bonuses together. And Munny's bonuses too, while using GG set.

Truly saying, I am using GG for speed purpose only.
Its +35LP bonus is nothing compared to some new gun sets.
And I never felt the bonus while fortfighting. I used Natty set which has +25 Leadership and +35 damage sector bonus.

+25 Leadership is not even 10% of the bonuses provided by GG set.

Remember!

Attack = Leadership^0.5 + Aim^0.4 + Stamina/Hiding (depending upon your side) ^ 0.6
Defense= Leadership^0.5 + Aim^0.4 +Stamina/Hiding (depending upon your side) ^ 0.6

Golden gun is still the best gun set in this game ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A good point to note here:

One of the numerous advantages of the golden set is the extra HP. Now if having more HP is a detriment in the future (based on some of the future options for fort fighting being explored in Beta), will that 'extra-HP' benefit of the set be replaced with some other benefit (whatever, like +100 Leadership or +10 Chicken Wrangling)?

DeletedUser34315

Not for resistance or damage or HP or labor points...
It's sort of like the collectors set. It has bonuses in almost every category, but it's not the best at anything, and thus is rather obsolete. I think a much harder questline to get an improved version would be a great idea.

DeletedUser30224

I see that more and more people are angling to a harder quest to either replace the current golden gun or something of that nature. If that is the case, whether it is the right thing to do or not, can we agree that this is what the majority wants? I can't put it to vote if we are pulling in all directions. Help me out here folks.

DeletedUser35968

+25 Leadership is not even 10% of the bonuses provided by GG set.

Remember!

Attack = Leadership^0.5 + Aim^0.4 + Stamina/Hiding (depending upon your side) ^ 0.6
Defense= Leadership^0.5 + Aim^0.4 +Stamina/Hiding (depending upon your side) ^ 0.6

Golden gun is still the best gun set in this game ;)
Yep. GG is the best gun. Unless, if you're a full leadership guy!
Now I am using GG and I feel increase in no.of hits and dodges.
Only natty and will's guns got better avg damage than GG but they are specialized guns.

Adding a little resistance to GG would be awesome, because, when GG introduced there were no Resistance thing in fortbattles.

DeletedUser35533

I see that more and more people are angling to a harder quest to either replace the current golden gun or something of that nature. If that is the case, whether it is the right thing to do or not, can we agree that this is what the majority wants? I can't put it to vote if we are pulling in all directions. Help me out here folks.
I think majority does not want a harder quest