R.I.P., Mobile Trader

DeletedUser6752

The Mobile Trader died sometime this morning after drinking a huge bottle of suck.

Gone is the reasonable and easy-to-navigate interface, as well as the ability to see if the item isn't in our inventory and if it can add LP to any jobs.

Thank you, Thanatos Inno.

DeletedUser

The ability to see if an item is in the inventory was a nice feature. Since the ability wasn't removed from the town shops, I assume the removal from the mobile trader was an error, not something planned.
Hope it will be fixed in the next patch.

As for seeing if the item would add LP to a job, I was unaware of that feature. The skill boosts for the items are still listed.

DeletedUser34767

Yup, moving the wandering trader into the UP Shop is a downgrade.

I can see why they would do it from a business standpoint. Unfortunately, it is much more unwieldy than using the current trader. And by unwieldy I am referring to the fact that the new pop up for the wandering trader is by default too large and completely covers the inventory windows it was launched from.

Now in addition to opening the wandering trader, I now have to reposition all the windows ( worn equipment, inventory, wandering trader ) so I can view them all before I try to see if there are any items I would like to purchase. At least under the old system the wandering trader lined up over the worn equipment window allowing you to use the inventory window to check out your inventory without re-arranging window locations.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again an event for inno to earn nugs on(the christmassale and the FF change the other time) ruins a function of the game due to overrushed implementation.

during the summer they overrushed the implementation of a new FF system to sell FF sets during the tombola (and despite all the money earned 5 months later its still not fixed)

and now because they wanna do a christmassale in the shop they put the wandering trader in the shop so more people land on the christmas sale page, but they do so by making a system which compared to the old system is not userfriendly at all, and they could have known this since on beta there haven't been 1 single positive feedback, in contrary its been heavily critisized, but once again just as with the new FF system the money they wanna earn is more important then to deliver a proper product and they overrush an implementation of a new feature

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35304

Talking about downgrade?Just w8 until the new tombola comes :)))).....only 1 person on the Beta forum aparently likes the tombola(Herbi or something like that it.s his name) ,but he said that he is a new player,non-premium and he won DOI+chinga brest palte+....+....
I know ppl lie all the time ,but not like that dude :))).The tombola will blow ur mind away.

I can easily undestand why they moved the traveling merchant there...and if u ask me it.s a very smart move.Especialy now that the new so called *tombola* will take place in the bond STORE(the tombola takes place in the bond store ,but u can.t use bonds to buy things :)))))).
Yea...it.s there money in steach here and they have all the rights to do what ever they want....but pls guys,do it in a such way we the players don.t have to suffer.
If nothing can be done during this ''wanderful'' christmas even of yuors ,at elast move it back imediately ,the way it was after it will end.It.s not liek we are asking much here.

DeletedUser35813

I can't even see the whole of it on my screen any more! Can we at least have it a bit more scalable for my 3 year old laptop to cope with!

delldell56

well, moving the wandering trader to the shop was announced a while ago. don't see a big deal about it, and could make people check the nugget/bond shops more often, so it's understandable to move it there. but i agree with everybody complaining about removing the user friendly features (knowing if you already had it or not; having a chance to compare a new item with those already owned, for those who don't buy everything). this is one of those times when i could not say "omg, how lazy are you!", because the change has made this truly time consuming and complicated.

DeletedUser34767

Well, the least they could do is reduce the size of this monstrosity. :D

But on a serious note, what is up with the prices listed for the more expensive items? They prices seem to have been rounded down to the nearest $1,000.

Black soldier jacket displays $22k but the actual price s/b $22,355 and a yellow pistol belt displays as $10k but has an actual price of $10,575.

They really should change this to display the full actual price.

DeletedUser

Well, the least they could do is reduce the size of this monstrosity. :D

But on a serious note, what is up with the prices listed for the more expensive items? They prices seem to have been rounded down to the nearest $1,000.

Black soldier jacket displays $22k but the actual price s/b $22,355 and a yellow pistol belt displays as $10k but has an actual price of $10,575.

They really should change this to display the full actual price.

And the time left is also rounded off. Do change this.

Reyne

And be careful when you sell something on the new trader interface. Now, the default is for all the items not just one. For example, if you have three green wool hats you've found in drops, and you want to sell two and keep one for your collections, you'll have to change the drop down box. Otherwise you'll sell all three. This needs to be changed.

Usually, I can roll with most changes, but this doesn't seem to help anyone on any level. It renders the helpful features of tw-db.info useless. The old trader access didn't cause any lag and was extremely informative. Not sure I'll bother to use it anymore unless it's to sell items for the sake of the achievements.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24093

Can we please get back the old mobile trader ! the new one is awfully !why change something who was perfect ? why destroy this game ? :(

DeletedUser

I have a habit of speaking without thinking but at times I can't help shooting my mouth off.

I always thought the feature of telling us the items in Wandering trader which we didn't had came from twdb script.

Feels awkward to direct anger towards inno for taking away something which they didn't give us in first place. :huh:

As the twdb script is usually updated after the changes on the server, I trust there'll be a fix for this too soon.

Reyne

Thanks for that fix, and for also fixing the default sell number, and for making our inventory window open up next to trader window (which is still a little too large, but we'll take the fixes we can get. :) ) so we can see. :)

PJ, the squeaky wheel gets the fix.

DeletedUser36232

gee, I guess I'm not the only one *****in' about it.

Why is it that when game devs give us an "update" it screws something up?

I liked being able to see what the trader had and compare it to what I own.
I can't see past the damn screen now.

just another BAM! BUY THIS in our faces...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :(

DeletedUser35968

when i want to sell something quickly, i open mobile trader and it takes 1 minute to looooaaaad.!!

DeletedUser35968

i got my golden ass early.. h0-ho! i dont have to visit mobile trader again!! :D :) :p