Reset collector items

DeletedUser

Proposal: Create a new and improved collection set
Current workaround: N/A, there is only one collection set even though new items were added. Players that do not have the set from before the last update need to collect all the new items as well.
Details:Create a new and improved set that will only be available only if you collect all items. The new set will replace the old set once all the items (new items) have been collected. Players without the "old" set can get the old set if they collect the previously required items but once all the itemes have been collected, the new set will replace the old set (new being better).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Had to read it literally 3 times and still don't understand what is it you want. You want to lower the level of the collection set? It was 100 before the update and it is 100 after the update...I'm trying to see why would that disturb you now and didn't before.

DeletedUser

he wants to resets the collector set achievements, since some had collectors stuff like collector hat etc without all this new stuff, and that makes no sense anymore

DeletedUser30224

he wants to resets the collector set achievements, since some had collectors stuff like collector hat etc without all this new stuff, and that makes no sense anymore

The word achievement has not been mentioned once. I'll wait for the original poster to come back and explain more.

DeletedUser

While we're at it, please reset all those additional SP and AP that old timer players have been able to gather over the years. It's clearly an unfair advantage that we've enjoyed which massively advantages us over those poor sob's who have recently decided to start playing.

DeletedUser

I think that the poster is going the wrong way...

The collector items are the ones that need to get a raise on there bonuses and move to level 150 when the new version arrives.

Before the set was already just a collector since only a few things could be used on the jobs and other things, with the new clothes... we get into the same problem that it was with the belts: you needed a level 105 belt to get a level 100 piece of the set. (even that you didn´t need to use the 105).
Now we got some other pieces over the level 100, so the collector must raise to the top level (where it should have been right from the starting line), even that it could not be the only great thing to use on jobs or other things... but something that people can barge to use because they are top level.

That way it would be a decent prize for been around getting all the 1358 things you need to get it.

DeletedUser34767

The collector items are the ones that need to get a raise on there bonuses and move to level 150 when the new version arrives.

That idea will go over like a lead balloon. I don't think anyone who is level 100-120 and has some or all of those items will be pleased if all of a sudden they cannot equip them for another 30-50 levels. Look how mad people were when they added / raised the level requirements on items in the recent updates.

If their concern is a level playing field with regards to these items they can go play on El Dorado. Worlds existing prior to the gear changes will have this discrepancy just like they still have players wearing gear that is not allowed at their current level because they have not changed clothing since the update. Though come February, I'm sure we will hear complaints from new players just starting on El Dorado how unfair it is that people who started at the beginning get to have Rupert Walker's set, Christmas Tombola items, Snowman's Hat, .... and they have to wait another year.

DeletedUser35533

While we're at it, please reset all those additional SP and AP that old timer players have been able to gather over the years. It's clearly an unfair advantage that we've enjoyed which massively advantages us over those poor sob's who have recently decided to start playing.
dont even joke about that .

DeletedUser

I think the main point of the topic is this: With new gears the collector gears are not worthy for their skill points and attributes that they provide.

This is not just about the collector set. Inno should re-look at many stuff which this importing new items which leads to nerfing old stuff is just one of them.

Another thing is fees. Both fees for banking and also fees for sleeping in hotel. As I remember from the first day the fee of sleeping in hotel was the same (correct me if I'm wrong) but back then we had to work a couple of days to make 250$. Now it's just 10 energy and 2.5 min even for level 10 players. For high level players it's just 4 energy on a silver job. It's the same for all aspect of game, number of blocks for building towns should be increased in my opinion and many more little changes like these needed to be done.

DeletedUser

I still the use the collector set daily. It is still a good set and I wear it for luck drops whilst getting the 20% regeneration from it. It is great to set jobs and sleep and get the benefits of luck faster energy.

DeletedUser

I guess I don't know the correct words for my suggestion. But yes, my first suggestion is to reset how to achieve the old collector set to what it used to be and 2ndly consider lowering the wearing level because it seems nearly useless with the new stuff being better then the collector items.
In doing this it would be good to have a new collector set of higher caliber for collecting all the new stuff.
I think this would encourage people to buy everything as is one of the purposes for the collector sets.

DeletedUser

I agree that the set as it is now is not appropriate anymore - the dedication it needs to get it does not stand for the bonuses it provides (especially compared to the new gear).

So my suggestion would be to reset the achievements needed (so that you have to collect the recent gear aswell) and when you have collected them all again you get the upgraded version.

Meanwhile you keep the current versions you have already (so nobody gets punished for the work they put already into it) and the current version of the item gets replaced once you have earned the "new" achievement with a more powerful new one.

I think that would be the most fair and doable way to go for collectors items/set renewal.

DeletedUser35533

if you had all the items was any part except for the saber, good ?
lowering the wearing level seems illogical ,the set is one of the symbols that you reached the top, how can you be on top if you are not 120 ?

DeletedUser30224

All i have to say is : Tough luck. Short of removing the old set and create another one, no solution is ideal. And you know how horrible the reaction to removing the set will be :)

DeletedUser

Seedra's suggestion is pretty good. Expanding on it, why not make a 'Collector's Set version 2'. Instead of +2 to everything, how's about you get +4's (or something along the lines of enough of a bump up that you'd want to go through the minor hell of getting all the new equipment).

DeletedUser30224

As long as the old set will still be obtainable, then I cannot see the harm in it. If anything, I'd be happy to collect items again. This sounds like something we might vote on. So if the original poster agrees, maybe he/she can change the original post to reflect that.

DeletedUser36182

On the idea of a collector set2... How about the possibility of leaving the set pieces as is for those that already posses them, and make the additional items a required upgrade for everyone else who's still working on it. So, if you don't have a complete collectors set piece the new values apply. When figuring the bonuses for the upgraded set, I think by using a percentage of the required items total point buffs to determine the bonus value of the upgraded set, the extra items required would become a much more worthwhile pursuit. The collector pieces already achieved would remain as such and additional items could be added to to the totals. Older sets could then be updated to the new values by obtaining the new additional items required and a trade in of their existing set piece.

DeletedUser36182

I realize that still sounds sketchy, but if the game limit is actually being raised to lvl150. Wouldn't it be simpler to roll back the achievements for the collectors set to it's original requirements, leaving its stats as they are. Then create a new additional set of achievements lumping the added items into groups e.g. "new shoes" , "new belts", etc. to cover the handful added to the existing quota. the new categories need no rework. Then reward with the "ultimate collector set" with bonus values in line with the level of commitment to the game it took to achieve? I think either should be able to be acquired at level 100.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wescotdowns, update your initial post and format it so that I can poll it.

I am not in forums very much so I am not sure how to format it. If you leave me an example that would help.

The best I can gather from the discussion is this:

Leave the requirements and achievement level as they were for the old collector set and have a new set with the new items required to achieve it and the new set level would be 150 or whatever the top level will be.

I think that would be the best balance for the players and inno.