Change the content of (Premium) Chests

DeletedUser

Idea title:.Change content of chests for “old worlds”
Details of idea: Remove Lincoln’s top hat, Golden buffalo, Golden bullet (and Golden Cross if it also can be found there) from Premium Chests in old worlds.
Reasons for submitting: The Premium Chest has always been the most coveted chest in the game, always delivering high value items, which is only reasonable considering its price. By adding items that have been common items for years in old worlds, the value of the Premium Chest has been significantly reduced and players now risk gaining items of little to no value. Considering the price of the chest, I believe a minimum gain should be an item that can be sold at a decent value in the market if the item is of no interest as such. If you gain one of the items mentioned above, you can’t expect to sell them at much more than face value.

As an adjustment for old worlds, these 3 or 4 items could be added to the steel-lined chests.

And finally, by making this adjustment, it should also positively influence the number of Premium Chests sold. (Opening 4 premium chests and gaining 2 items of no value, at least cured me of any desire to buy Premium Chests until it is fixed)

-xq

DeletedUser30224

I think it is in their interest to change a few things with the boxes. People might stop buying them altogether so I am for it.

DeletedUser

in general they should review what can and cannot drop from boxes. They added so many new items, that they might wanna specify boxes more as example.

Premium chests should only contain rares not obtainable from jobs, also due to many more items got added the chance to find an inno belt, howdaw or GT gotten much much smaller,so either remove items from a premium box, or lower the price of them since they simply aren;'t worth it, for instance they could do only rares with a value of 10k and greater (with coming increase of level cap to 150 i imagine also luck ranges on job will get higher)

On steels they might remove all precise fort weapons all together, and remove shiny's with a value below 2.5k (jim torns pants hurray!)

also they should review those fancy and unique chests since generally speaking uying even iron chests is a better return of your money then buying those unique or fancy chests(which i am quite sure almost no one does)

but these are just suggestions, but it would be great to see a complete overhaul of boxes, so that the incentive to bond them gets higher. what you now see is that more and more people bond those clothing in bond shop and sell those on the market and use that money to buy shiny's since the chance to get something good outta for instance steels has gotten so small.

You can spend 1500 bonds on a prem chest, of spend 1500 bonds and get a complete class set which you can sell for a million bucks, wheres the balance in that

DeletedUser

On my homeworld im still waiting for the support to find out what happened to a Rock i got from a begiiners bag that i equipped and when i got the golden gun back into the clothes... the rock wasn´t on the inventory and the local support didn´t know what to do. So they got it to Inno to find out when they can bother with it.

That is the very special rock for Fort Fighting... a precious collector item.

So they really need to change the products and check the ones that cannot be used or have trouble on been used... like that rock.

DeletedUser19518

Ofc Yes. I have already wrote my thoughts about this gap.

Pankreas PorFavor

a big YES from me.
After blowing away all my bonds on steel chests when there was a discount, and getting 3 silver buffalos out of 12 chests (25% drop rate, WTH?!?) I can tell you this - I won't buy a chest ever again unless something is changed. if silver buffalo is "rare, precise or fancy" then something is obviously wrong.

DeletedUser34767

if silver buffalo is "rare, precise or fancy" then something is obviously wrong.

Unfortunately, under their new equipment scheme, they are treating it as such. At least it seems to be following the standard equipment pattern. Not saying I like it though.

Grey - Grey Buffalo
Colored - Red, Green, Blue, Yellow Buffaloes.
Brown - Brown Buffalo
Black - Metal Buffalo
Fancy - Silver Buffalo
Named - Golden Buffalo

DeletedUser35506

a big YES from me.
After blowing away all my bonds on steel chests when there was a discount, and getting 3 silver buffalos out of 12 chests (25% drop rate, WTH?!?) I can tell you this - I won't buy a chest ever again unless something is changed. if silver buffalo is "rare, precise or fancy" then something is obviously wrong.

Don't get me wrong but that's the risk of steel chests.
Be glad you didn't get 2 pillows in a row or any of the low-lvl fancies/named items.

I'm +1 with xqrtska on changing the premium chests.. though not just old worlds.

Other chests like Fancy/Unique chests maybe aswell since very few people buy them for obvious reasons (other chests generally better) but Premium chest has more priority imo.

DeletedUser30224

Steel linen chest does not have a value limit but it does have a text that says: rare, precise or fancy. To my knowledge Rare = not available to buy from town shops; Precise = precise weapons; Fancy = fancy items ... actual word "fancy" in the item name. So if you get a pillow, grand, it's a rare item, if you get slippers or any crappy item that you cannot buy in shops, it's valid. But if you get a silver buffalo, then I have to put my feet in the door!

xqrtska , If you do not object, let's change the whole proposal to look into all chests and fix them up. Fellow members, for the next 2-3 days I would like to ask you to think about the whole chest situation. But please read the description of the box before you start posting here. It's clear to me that silver buffalo doesn't belong to a steel lined box (not unless my "rare" definition is not exactly what I just said above).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34767

I believe they are treating the silver buffalo as the "fancy" buffalo and the golden buffalo as a "rare" named item now. Don't agree with it, but that is what is seems like.

DeletedUser30224

I believe they are treating the silver buffalo as the "fancy" buffalo and the golden buffalo as a "rare" named item now. Don't agree with it, but that is what is seems like.

Since you cannot buy golden buffalo in shops, I agree with your theory. Does my frustration hold no water then? Wondering what other items are considered fancy even if they do not have "fancy" in the name...

DeletedUser34767

Since you cannot buy golden buffalo in shops, I agree with your theory. Does my frustration hold no water then? Wondering what other items are considered fancy even if they do not have "fancy" in the name...

I can understand your frustration. I don't really like it either. At then end of the day, getting another silver bullet or another fancy cartridge belt from a steel chest are the same to me even if the bullet does not say fancy in the description. Both are unwanted. I'd vote for the original posters idea, even though I'm not sure they would really change it even if it passed.

MFRavenhawk

Just one question to this idea (even though it doesnt affect me directly)...If things like the Lincoln tophat, Golden Buffalo, etc are removed from the chests; since they are not in the town stores anymore how do you propose players get them then?

The 'older worlds' do have a regular, if small, influx of new players...and the chests are now the only way for them to get these items unless existing players choose to part with one on the market.

DeletedUser34767

The original posters idea was only to remove those items from the premium chest.

They could still be found in other chests and if not currently available in other chests the original posters idea was to have them available in steel chests.

DeletedUser

Opened 3 steel chest on world 11 recently, guess what I got? Fancy dress coat, precise Buntline and Tim's torn pants. I should be mad to open another chest. Much better to sell them on market or even as Zeta said to buy those class sets and sell them on market for much higher price.

If you want people to spend bond and nuggets on chest make them valuable. It's non-sense to gain the item that you can get from town shops in any of the boxes, even the junk box. Categorize the named and rare items and what so ever that not bought from town shops and assign each to a box. I do not care to get slippers or pillow from box but fancy dress code? Come on. Even those items like slippers and pillow should not be in the steel box, there are many other boxes for those worthless items.

zvrndo

I would like to see list of possible drops for every box category.Wonder why INNO didnt put that list so far.That should be simple thing.

DeletedUser30224

I would like to see list of possible drops for every box category.Wonder why INNO didnt put that list so far.That should be simple thing.

Because that would be a long list indeed.

DeletedUser

Because that would be a long list indeed.

That is not an argument that holds water imho. I am sure the devs can easily link such a presentation page to the current list of products that is shown in the InnoGames TV production, in such a way that when a chest is changed the presentation is also updated automatically. In the tombolas they have used small icons for each of the four categories and I am sure it would be easy to create a similar view for each chest separately. Or just post the lists in the official forums and include updates if a release includes changes to any chest.

-xq