The Plan - Weekly draw rules and discussion

DeletedUser34767

Nope, not missing the point.

By Da Twista's post above he estimates that player participation is down 10-15%. My understanding of that part of his post is that a smaller number of different players are participating in the weekly lotto since multiple entries have been allowed.

He also states that income is up since then due to multiple entries. More total dollars spent on the lotto.

In my opinion, it is healthier for the game to have more individual players involved in the lotto than to have more money coming out of the game as in my view the more we get players participating in all aspects of the game ( lotto, fort battles, towns, .... ) the healthier the game as a whole is. Participation and removing extra dollars from the game are both good things, I just personally put more value on participation.

That is just my opinion, and I'm sure others have their own opinion.

I accept the lotto for what it is, and as I commented in an earlier post, I appreciate the effort the CM and Mods put into running the lotto every week. They don't have to do this and it is nice that they come up with some things to spice things up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

And I also mentioned that the fluctuation doesn't mean the new system caused it. Because there are so many factors involved, you cannot pinpoint the exact reason.

We don't advertise the lotto as much as we used to, we also don't change prizes as often either. If you check the last few week's, it's been the same copy alternating.

But I can say already, we going to have an influx in entries tomorrow when the interstitial is released. Not everyone comes to the forum and players do need a reminder that there is a lotto.

Either way, I cannot make everyone happy. I've carved the lotto as is as I feel it's the best way to entertain the majority amount of players as I possibly can.

Snr Sarg

In my opinion, it is healthier for the game to have more individual players involved in the lotto than to have more money coming out of the game as in my view the more we get players participating in all aspects of the game ( lotto, fort battles, towns, .... ) the healthier the game as a whole is. Participation and removing extra dollars from the game are both good things, I just personally put more value on participation.

That is just my opinion, and I'm sure others have their own opinion.

I accept the lotto for what it is, and as I commented in an earlier post, I appreciate the effort the CM and Mods put into running the lotto every week. They don't have to do this and it is nice that they come up with some things to spice things up.

I share this opinion, bang on :up:

Snr Sarg

I've carved the lotto as is as I feel it's the best way to entertain the majority amount of players as I possibly can.

yet now there are less players participating, by 10-15% according to your previous post, so it's not entertaining the majority, just the lucky few with enough in-game cash to spare.

Of course there may be other factors influencing this, but I believe it's mostly down to it now being less fun.

What I now think is that the more in-game money people spend, the more real money some people will spend to buy chests and tombolas entries, to get more gear, to sell it, to generate more in-game cash which can be spent on the lottery to try to get even better gear.

And there we have it :censored:

DeletedUser35520

lots of the complaints here sound to me like someone played, lost, and chose to blame multi-tickets as the reason instead of bad luck. The lottery is a great feature, but not mandatory and it should certainly be praised regardless on if you agree with its rules. They don’t have to do it, but choose to for the players. As for nonspenders its about the only way they can have any chance to get several of the higher end items.

If you choose to play then great, but saying those who enter more times ruins it is very one sided. Yea they have a better chance, but it doesn’t mean others cannot win, it happens every week. Not to mention you certainly can still work up, save money, and enter more later. That’s what I did. Plus, lots of the feelings on the outcomes are based upon assumptions. I will use myself as an example. Draw #50 I spent $150,000 on the lottery and won nothing! Draw #51, I spent $75,000 and won 2 prizes, because I was lucky and also less entered due to the prizes. Some players names appear more because they enter on multiple worlds, etc… its not always a case of who has the most money, it helps, but the outcome is still chance and luck. Just as in real life, you cannot win if you do not play

DeletedUser30224

I was reluctant to share any information but as you are raising the subject, I feel obliged to some transparency:

(cannot without the consent from the winners tell you how many entries they had so I used a wordplay instead)
Week 51 top prize: Sniper Rifle, winner was a player that had 2 entries in total (one entry per world) . The max entries from a player was 20.
Week 50 top prize: InnoGames belt, winner was very close to the max entrant
Week 49 top prize: Golden Tomahawk, winner was far from the max entrant
Week 48 top prize: Howdah pistol, winner wasn't even in the same vicinity as the max entrant
Week 47 top prize: Sniper rifle, winner was far from the max entries
Week 46 top prize: InnoGames belt, winner wasn't even in the same vicinity as the max entrant.

I can't go further than week 46 as I don't have the full information beyond that point. But as you can see, the only time in 6 weeks that a player won the lottery because of a great number of entries was just week 50. That is not to say that if you enter with many entries you have a sure chance to win, but it definitely improves your chances and as expected you often win at least the 50th entry prize if none of the 9 actual prizes, so you can recuperate some of the cost. In theory yes, your chance is greater, but if you are willing to enter 200 entries, there are others that are willing to have a stab at it with 100, or 50 or 10 or 1 and the number of entries rises dramatically therefore the fella or gal with 200 entries has a smaller and smaller "sure chance" to win.

The biggest pot we have is with Innogames belt, howdah pistol and golden tomahawk prizes and people tend to overspend. However as you can see from the 6 examples above, it happened to not be in their favor. If you spend 1.5 mil with the hope of getting the Howdah pistol and you only get Harmonica's pant you might not be happy at all. But just like in real life, the more you spent the better the chance, but never any guarantees. In real life lotto, you don't know how many tickets people are buying, sometimes they say that the winner was a lucky 1 ticket holder, but often you don't know how many tickets others have spent and when the winner was the fella who spent his fortune. A gamble is always risky. If you want to have 1 entry per world, then the same principle will apply: even if 1,000 players enter in the draw, only 9 winners will be happy and the rest disgruntled. Say we have one prize only, with one entry per world you would have 100/total_entries % chance to win. Your chances to win are not increased at all, all you'd accomplish with this change is diminish the chance of those people that are willing to spend much more than you. Is that not just selfish? Just because you are not willing the spend, you want to force others as well.

The main thing to remember is that the more players spend with multi entries, the better the chance to win but also the higher the plunge is if they do not win. Again moving back to the example with 1.5 mil spent and failure to win anything significant. Do you at any point or time stop to think how hard that player was hit? How hard is to literally throw 1.5 mil in the fire? I know that rich players became rich not because of their hard work but because of their nuget pocket, but we live in this reality and there is no changing it.

To conclude: it is selfish to force everyone to just one entry, but your points that millionaires have higher chance to win something is also valid.

P.S. Each time we hand an innogames belt, howdah or golden tomahawk, even special items such as sniper rifle, InnoGames doesn't receive bonds or nuggets for a premium chest. Since only a low percent of premium chests contain those items, it's safe to say that tombola does take ingame money out of the game, but also has an effect (noticeable or not) on Inno's revenue. We want to make you happy, but there has to be some sort of compromise. If we would (hypothetically speaking) revert to 1 entry per world, we would not be able to offer special items on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenau

"Week 47 top prize: Sniper rifle, winner was far from the max entries"

That was me and I send only 1 ticket per week only. (I play only on 1 world.)

DeletedUser35968

If the prize is a Golden tomahawk/Sniper rifle, there is only 101-199 entries.(2 OR 3 spot prizes)
If the prize is a Innogames Belt/ Howdah pistol, you can see there are 300+ entries. (6+ spot prizes)
That is,
Everytime, if the prize is a better one, 200+ new entries happens. Its not new 200+players entered into the draw. Its the RICH guys who enter many times..
If the avg prize is 10k , there is an extra 2Million money. I hope Inno will donate them for charity actions or help poor people.

DeletedUser8627

Usually gets posted around this time ;P

The winners are up - http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=705448#post705448

What a spectacular week we had, a total sum of $42 million was claimed in ticket entries. Due to the large demand on these items, we decided to hold the same items again for this week too. If the amount of entrants and fees are in the same vicinity, we will carry on holding five items per category per week.

For those unfortunate enough to not win anything last week, perhaps this week will be more for you.

Good luck!

DeletedUser35968

Usually gets posted around this time ;P

The winners are up - http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=705448#post705448

What a spectacular week we had, a total sum of $42 million was claimed in ticket entries. Due to the large demand on these items, we decided to hold the same items again for this week too. If the amount of entrants and fees are in the same vicinity, we will carry on holding five items per category per week.

For those unfortunate enough to not win anything last week, perhaps this week will be more for you.

Good luck!

Again i found out my name not in the list. But im happy, 42 million just washed away from game. The lotto rocks.

i will try my luck with one entry every week.
"no pleasure in buying luck by money"

DeletedUser

mr john holiday has the most awesome win though he won a pink ballet tutu, and as consolidation extra price he won an inno belt, but still winning a tutu thats like the most awesome ever

DeletedUser35304

Never won anything at this lottery...but life goes on :D...and so it.s my cash :)))).

DeletedUser35968

Less 199 players for the #54, its because the reward was sniper rifle.
Please add some new named items to prize list. Then there might be increase in participation.