Limit Times Between Fort Fights

DeletedUser34781

Proposal
Well my idea is for the fort fight multi's to be stopped and to do this maybe the devs can add it such a way that only one fight can be dug every 6-8 hours. Multis are a world fort fighting killer and nobody enjoys it.
EDIT added idea to help this idea was to increase the cost of digging a fight along with possible change to times... one or both as both have merit to stop them.prices should be left the devs as they have a better idea of world cash balances but imo around 100k would be ideal as would allow townies to add to town treasuries once again.

Current Workaround
I'm sure everyone has had to deal with these god forsaken tactics used by less talented alliances to try sneaky ways to win than common ways.there nothing you can do to properly defend against and see where numbers are going. Most players cannot check all day , they log in and want to know where real fights are not a guessing game.

Details
the idea id like to see if a time limit on the fort fighting screen or something that will show players who wish to dig a fight how long until they can next dig a fight that can be dug. i mean we all would like at least one fight per day, some worlds might like 2-3 so a 6-8 hour turn around seems pretty fair for all involved to refill health and travel times etc.
EDIT increase the cost for digging a fight.. not to0 hard to implement

Abuse Prevention
i cant see any, please post if you do.

Visual Aids
none as its mainly conceptual and to be honest it wouldnt take much to implement this in backround code.

Summary
I'd like to get feedback on whether player on all worlds would support this idea or is it really only a world 12 problem having to deal with multis as they kill of the fun in fort fighting ,well whats left in the fun since it its fading faster than snow in summer!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Abusable. Someone could stop fort battles altogether just by digging a small fake battle every 6-8 hours.

DeletedUser

Maybe setting the limit for alliance is better, it also avoid the abusability, something like 2 battle each day per alliance with 6 hours interval inside alliance and 3 hours interval for other alliance.

This means if alliance "A" dig a fort no other alliance can dig for 3 hours. Alliance "A" also can not dig another fort for 6 hours. Also every alliance can dig up to 2 fort per day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

Abusable. Someone could stop fort battles altogether just by digging a small fake battle every 6-8 hours.

Ah yes this is true. we all know the alliances that would do that though.

suppose the fakes would become the new multi then. but anything is better than it is at the moment.

DeletedUser

Ah yes this is true. we all know the alliances that would do that though.

Definitely. Every world has alliances that resent the top two alliances on it, plus you have dueling alliances that just don't like fort battles.

DeletedUser34781

there must be a solution somewhere in one of our players minds to actually combat this.

rohith4444

just a multi rule agreement between alliances will help a bit, but i know even with multi rule agreement there will still be some multies but only happens rarely due to slow update in fort overview :hmf: i don't think it's a big problem :)

Apelatia

just a multi rule agreement between alliances will help a bit, but i know even with multi rule agreement there will still be some multies but only happens rarely due to slow update in fort overview :hmf: i don't think it's a big problem :)

This isn't the case on World 12... Go take a look rohit!

DeletedUser34781

try w12..its killed ffing and so many good players dont ff there because of one side's multis.

DeletedUser27863

i would just limit that a town can dug a battle once per 24 hours..

DeletedUser19518

I was always want to ask this: If these proposals on .net affect all worlds in other servers?
If yes, then ofc is difficult (for exp) this idea to suit in other servers who can fill 2-3 small FF.

DeletedUser27863

well if we are speaking about time limitations i would do it just so a town cant dug twice per day (considering this is the time you get for preparation on battle).

but in my opinion is more realistic without any multi rules and stuff like that. they knew diversions back in day- this is the same. i'm aware that it may kill FFing, but what it has become now- routine fighting (agreements like you dig on that days, our alliance on that day- little unrealistic, right?)

DeletedUser

That obviously wouldn't stop all multis, but it would cut down a lot by stopping trouble-making towns and individuals.

DeletedUser

Am I on ignore? Restricting the limit for alliance will solve all the solutions, no abuse and not much multy, as I said 3 months ago in this post.

DeletedUser17351

Am I on ignore? Restricting the limit for alliance will solve all the solutions, no abuse and not much multy, as I said 3 months ago in this post.
Your idea is sound, but it is so totally abusable: imagine a big world-dominating alliance splits into several small alliances purely to dig multiple fort battles!

I find it is good fun to occasionally have multiple fort battles. If it's happening every day, it can get tedious, but up to once a week can be exciting, especially for those who are not pure fort fighters ;)

If one big world-dominating alliance owns the majority of forts and the majority of fort fighters, so that no-one else has a genuine chance of beating them, fort battles lose all fun and all purpose.

This is why there are usually 2 main fort alliances, to provide some competition. However, if these are effectively 2 halves of the same alliance it may well be fun for them, but everyone else is screwed and you are going to get mayhem when a number of people who enjoy fort battles feel they are being excluded :hmf:

HelenBack

This isn't the case on World 12... Go take a look rohit!

Hmm... W12... Multis... Lemme guess... WFA (world killers of w6) mostly migrated to w12. They were notorious for doing multis... daily... on w6. Totally killed the fun of fort battles there. Personally, I think that anyone that has to rely on multis to win a battle are weak cowards. I was in WFA in w6 and stood up against their multis... Asked if we could just have a good single battle. I stopped going to battles, was labelled a traitor and my town was kicked from the alliance. BTW, I was actually happy about that, thanks guys! lol
:laugh:

I took some time to do some quests and then heard the other side was really needing people. I joined them, but it was too late. Too many people had already given up and left that world... Some even left the game. It was going downhill fast... I can see that happening to w12 too.

BTW, the fort fighters are complaining that duelers make people quit? lol Each "clique" has their own way of bullying others. Fort fighters often group all the best in one alliance to dominate the other... Which is also no fun btw. Every world needs some balance... Every world needs fort fighters... every world needs duelers... and all other types of characters too.

I like the idea of enforcing a time limit between battles... I'd recommend 6 hours and each world can make their own Gentleman's Agreement to extend it to 8 hours if they wish. The main point is there won't be a bunch of battles within minutes of each other. You could also add that each alliance can only dig a fort every 12 hours. So, that gives the other main alliance 4-6 hours to get in an attack if they want. Yes, the small alliances may attack before one of the two main alliances has a chance, but the two main alliances can still join in the battle... Possibly fill it and have a decent battle. Oh and I say two main alliances cuz that is what seems to be the norm on most if not all worlds.

I also think instead of a town limit, it should be an alliance limit... Because often it is a few people from a few towns that are constantly doing the multis.

Anyways... Yes, I like the idea. May need to tweak the details (how many hours between battles, how long until an alliance can attack again), but it would be nice to have a limit enforced to keep fort battles fun.
:)

DeletedUser16008

We don't need restrictions on battle times thanks very much, totally unworkable and besides which what you want personally should not be forced on everyone else.

Theres nothing unfair about multis its a simple option ( if you can afford it ) everyone has including those that dont like them, thats called freedom of choice. Stop trying to get inno to bend others into your own paradigm just because it suits you.

One worlds problems should not affect a whole server

DeletedUser34781

8 hour limit with a timer on the fort screen would be awesome.. players like routine and if they knew multis were taken out more would return.

also some fights get dug because folks don't check the fort screen and dig by accident..it does happen.