The Plan - Weekly draw rules and discussion

Ripwise

nobody was more stupid (and i don't mean it as an insult, but rather like a chuckling "omg, how nuts are you?") than zeta navy, when he bet like $1 million of in game cash to get a tutu. and he didn't want any prizes other than that silly tutu ;)

you are nuts, zeta. NUTS!

And 1 mill is far, far from highest entry we had :cool:

DeletedUser

nobody was more stupid (and i don't mean it as an insult, but rather like a chuckling "omg, how nuts are you?") than zeta navy, when he bet like $1 million of in game cash to get a tutu. and he didn't want any prizes other than that silly tutu ;)

you are nuts, zeta. NUTS!

Could it be that he wanted the tutu so bad because he wanted to show off his nuts?

DeletedUser30224

Thanks zd3no. I am not upset that I didn't win anything :D and certainly others have lost more. I Just wanted to make sure that I've got it right. I thought maybe those who win multiple prizes have created multiple tickets per world. So I dont need to create 51 tickets for 1 world if I want to enter a category 51 times? :D
And yo said who enters in Elite category has the chance to win Pro and General prizes too?

Sorry was a bit busy. If you eneter 51 tickets per world, I'll pull some strings and ban you :D If you send a ticket and ask us to enter you x times into Y category, then (imagine a table with names) your name will be entered x times in the table for that category. And yes, Elite category names are mixed together with Pro category names when the pro category prizes are drawn and both categories + the general category names are mixed together when we draw the general cat prizes. So if you enter one time only into the elite, you have a chance to get drawn in the elite category + Pro + General + spot prize.

DeletedUser30224

NOTE: As you could observe in the Weekly Draw #48, we had the same winner on 2 prizes from the same category. From now on that will not be possible.

No matter how many tickets you enter, you will only be given one prize from the same category. You will still be eligible to win prizes in lower categories, but no 2 prizes from the same category will be given to one player.

DeletedUser35520

NOTE: As you could observe in the Weekly Draw #48, we had the same winner on 2 prizes from the same category. From now on that will not be possible.

No matter how many tickets you enter, you will only be given one prize from the same category. You will still be eligible to win prizes in lower categories, but no 2 prizes from the same category will be given to one player.

does this mean same player per world or overall? like if i enter on Dakota and Colorado am I able to win in the same category or does winning one eliminate the other world's chance?

DeletedUser6752

Why? If people have the money to spend on the lottery, let them. All of the worlds could use some deflation.

I'm curious, though, how much of the planned 'deflation' has actually happened.
And many of the same people seem to be winning nearly every single week; isn't this actually resulting in concentrating the remaining 'wealth' into the hands of people who already have the money to pay for more than just a few entries? Overall the amount of money in any given world might go down with the entries, but when the prizes are handed out and then sold on the market, more of the remaining wealth is shifted into the hands of the people who won those prize. If this pattern repeats over the course of a number of weeks, more and more of the remaining wealth keeps shifting from the general populace into the hands of the prize winners.
While the overall wealth of the world is being reduced, the balance of wealth is getting skewed more and more towards an increasingly smaller percentage of the population.

Was this kind of outcome anticipated?

DeletedUser34315

And many of the same people seem to be winning nearly every single week; isn't this actually resulting in concentrating the remaining 'wealth' into the hands of people who already have the money to pay for more than just a few entries? Overall the amount of money in any given world might go down with the entries, but when the prizes are handed out and then sold on the market, more of the remaining wealth is shifted into the hands of the people who won those prize. If this pattern repeats over the course of a number of weeks, more and more of the remaining wealth keeps shifting from the general populace into the hands of the prize winners.
While the overall wealth of the world is being reduced, the balance of wealth is getting skewed more and more towards an increasingly smaller percentage of the population.

Regardless of who has the wealthy items, millions of dollars disappeared from the game. That is a good thing, imo.

DeletedUser35968

thats why i am saying , there should be only one entry per world/player. then it will be based on luck :)

DeletedUser30224

does this mean same player per world or overall? like if i enter on Dakota and Colorado am I able to win in the same category or does winning one eliminate the other world's chance?

Apologies, if you enter in Colorado and Dakota, and you are winner of first and second prize from these 2 worlds accordingly in the same category it is valid. You cannot win two prizes of the same category from the same world. Thank you for noticing that little distinction that I didn't deemed necessary to mention.

Snr Sarg

it is about time tickets were limited again - I'm looking at the list of winners over previous weeks, and the same names keep popping up again and again

I stopped doing this lottery sometime back as I do not have enough cash to compete with the millionaires.

All this draw is doing now is concentrating the in-game wealth with the wealthy, the rich get richer, it's time to review the rules please Mods

DeletedUser

it is about time tickets were limited again - I'm looking at the list of winners over previous weeks, and the same names keep popping up again and again

I stopped doing this lottery sometime back as I do not have enough cash to compete with the millionaires.

All this draw is doing now is concentrating the in-game wealth with the wealthy, the rich get richer, it's time to review the rules please Mods

I haven't entered since multiple entries became allowed.

DeletedUser35968

Me too quit wasting money on lotto. 15K worth a lot for me.
my suggestions:
1. Only 1entry per world
2. One category: 10K only.
3. 5 prizes
4. Spot prizes
5. Return the in-game money back in game in a different way

DeletedUser8627

You do realize the changes made to the lotto i.e. more than one ticket over multiple worlds are suggestions from players and how they wanted to play the lotto?

Just because the lotto is run here in a game doesn't mean we need to stray from the basic mechanics on how lottos are run in RL. When we did have one ticket per one world, there were many many suggestions that came in to increase this limit. And this is what we did - gave the players what they really wanted and I don't see us ever reverting this decision.

However, I'm always looking into expanding our existing lotto with new features. If you have any, post them so we can take a look. When I first brought this project out I envisioned a massive lotto system but these things take a bit of time to implement and perfect. But I have no problems hearing new ideas, there is a possibility if they are good, they will be implemented into our current system.

Snr Sarg

Da Twista

First off, the lottery is a brilliant idea, don't get me wrong.

However, it is my opinion that it has currently lost any value to most players due to the number of entries being bought by the game's millionaires, which in turn just makes them richer still when they win, and the problem goes on exponentially.

What is the point in me wasting $15,000 on a single entry? Sure, I might get very lucky, but my odds are way way higher than somebody willing, and easily able, to throw down $1m in-game money on entries, in the knowledge they've a high chance of securing a high value prize.

An in-game lottery using in-game money, i.e. not REAL money, cannot be considered the same as a real life lottery. Nobody in their right mind would spend $1m on a real life lottery as there would be massively higher odds on a win due to there being a massively higher number of entrants, and not winning would be financially catastrophic for all but the super-rich, whereas in-game, there is no real risk, if they don't win, they've not been disadvantaged really, except for losing a bit of pretend money which they can get back relatively easily.

I do not recall ever seeing a poll on changing the entry restrictions, and would certainly have voted against it. Nor do I recall anyone asking for multiple entries to be allowed.

I would be fine with one entry per player PER GAME WORLD.

And until it returns to the previous rules, I will not be partaking at all, and I'm pretty confident more and more players will stop entering when they realise just how much in-game money they've spent for zero return, and little prospect of their odds improving.

Out of interest, and this may not be something you record, or be willing to share, but I am curious to know how many different players enter the draw under the new rules compared to how many before?

Not how many entries, how many individual players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34767

And this is what we did - gave the players what they really wanted and I don't see us ever reverting this decision.

Actually, you gave some players what they asked for and other players something they did not want. :(

However, I do appreciate the effort you and the other mods put into running the weekly lotto.

DeletedUser8627

I'll share with you the information I've worked out knowing it's facts.

There is no guarantee to any player that they will win a prize, be this them placing only $15k or $1million for that week. Obviously players investing a lot more money into the lotto per week stand a greater chance of winning something whereas players who enter once every two weeks stand less of a chance. That's just logic.

But, and there is always a but - the lotto each week fluctuates, one week we will get in a few million dollars where the next week we only bring in a million. Some weeks there are vast differences in the income and this is influenced by namely two things. First being the prizes available and secondly if we advertise the lotto in-game via interstitials or chat announcements. If I have a look at the stats from when the lotto first moved to the 3 category 3 prize (One ticket per one world), there is not much of a difference in participation compared to how the lotto is managed now with multiple tickets over multiple worlds. I'm not going to lie, there has been a decrease in player participation - I'd estimate about a 10% - 15% decrease but the income is higher due to the players who still participate playing more than one ticket per week.

Remember, the lotto is not only here to benefit the players. I would not be able to run campaigns like I do if there is not benefits for InnoGames. Just out of interest's sake, this is our 1st year anniversary for the lotto, two weeks ago I spent a few hours working out how much money the lotto has brought in, I don't have the exact figure on hand but we were sitting on just over $900 million. I'm hoping that we hit the $1 billion mark after this week, hence why we have more prizes up or grabs and advertising will be hitting all worlds tomorrow.

But at the end of the day, you may feel that players who invest in more tickets have a better chance of winning. Indirectly it doesn't really matter, if people who are not too comfortable about the multiple tickets now, if it was reverted back, these players will participate once again, and you will still sit with the same amount of 'luck'. There are still going to be about the same amount of tickets and you will still have the same chance as the rest of the players.

Just to mention and comment on the your text about the poll. There was none, this was an internal decision made amongst the moderators and myself involved in the lotto. After weighing each side of the scale, the decision to allow multiple tickets on multiple worlds was finalized. Player based campaigns like the ones I run for the community are ultimately in the hands of the Community Manager. And my decisions are influenced on what players want and how it will affect the overall playerbase.

DeletedUser34767

I liked it better before this last explanation.

I had viewed the lotto as something that was instituted to bring some fun, excitement, and a bit of novelty to the game and to maybe pull more players to the forum as least a couple of times a week to check what items were up for grabs and the results.

Now it just sounds like a Mod thing to see how much in game cash can be sucked out of the EN worlds. $1 billion goal, for what purpose, it is not real money.

DeletedUser34781

you're missing the point then caleb, missing it by a country mile.taking in game cash out of the way wasnt why it was started,that was a side result and a good one too.it was started to get some fun out of a lotto win..which is always fun It has alot different functions. its always the way when people don't win they cry foul.i've won a few times but have also entered a heck of a lot of cash in random lotto's.if i win great if i don't its no big deal.i love to gamble in rl so i will gamble in a game quite easily.