New Permanent Chat rooms

DeletedUser35712

Proposal

I propose the idea of being able to set up new permanent chat rooms. I propose we use something similar to /join, except it will be /permajoin

Current Workaround

the use of /join

Details

I am currently one of the black hats at Desert bEagle. We have a sister town Drunken bEagle and are about to found Durty bEagle. I believe we would be well served by having permenant chat ala alliance chat for these connected towns. I cannot believe we are in a unique position and think additional chat would be a positive addition to the games long term growth allowing greater confederacy. I do not believe alliance chat fulfils this requirement and the work around cumbersome.

Thanks for your time fellow Westers!

Visual Aid

xmGO16M.png

Abuse Prevention

Only black hats can create permanent rooms though anyone can join a permanent room.
Only one permanent chat room can be created per black hat.
The permanent room will be active for 72h after which it will delete itself if nothing is written in the chat room in this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only problem I see is that the servers could become cluttered with permanent chat rooms that are never used.

DeletedUser35712

perhaps a time limit could be applied or zapped after being obselete

DeletedUser

It could be programmed such that it gets deleted automatically after say, 2 weeks of inactivity, or the person who set it up deletes it.

DeletedUser30224

I'd love to know how chat rooms are actually functioning, but since I don't I can't speculate at all. Like Elmyr, I'm a bit concerned that it will be a serious drain on resources, but then each town has it's own chat, each alliance has it's own chat, each fort... and you can make a chat by typing /join (or something like that, I've never tested it :p ) ... so the conclusion would be that it is very much possible.

I agree.

DeletedUser

It could be programmed such that it gets deleted automatically after say, 2 weeks of inactivity, or the person who set it up deletes it.

2 weeks is too much, maybe 1 day or something like that as if you want to use it between some towns you should be ultra active in chat room.

Ripwise

2 weeks is too much, maybe 1 day or something like that as if you want to use it between some towns you should be ultra active in chat room.

Agreed, if you make new chat then use it, no point in having it made if not used. I think these chat rooms wouldnt take much resources because as Zd3no said you can make new chat room by typing /join.

DeletedUser

2 weeks probably is way too long. If no one uses it in that long of a time you really don't need it, but 1 day is probably a bit short. Maybe something between 3 days and a week?

DeletedUser35712

our chat is vibrant and active.

we use /join at the moment for private group discussions between town hats mainly and our monthly alliance pow wow.

i agree with the ideas for adding a 'use it or lose it' option for a more flexible chat option.
i am excited by possible game dynamic change that the option may provide ie: confederacy.

DeletedUser35712

Please go ahead and poll then please

And thanks for emboldening my ideas title:)

DeletedUser30224

Actually, now that I think of it, it might be a good idea to make a screen shot of what you want to accomplish and for how long these chats will be open without activity. Also you should make a limit of who can make these chats and how many chats can be made from the same person.

So first thing first:
I propose we use something similar to /join, except it will be /permajoin.
Only black hats can create permanent rooms, anyone can join a permanent room.
Only one permanent chat room can be created per black hat.
As discussed above, the permanent room will be active for 72h after which it will delete itself if nothing is written in the chat room in this time.

Visual Aid:
xmGO16M.png

Jed, Delete from your first post the message from MWfossils, and add the points that we have discussed in this thread, like the fact that the custom chatroom wil delete itself in 72h with no activity. You an use my screenshot if you want and the /permajoin command would be nice, but whatever you want is fine.

Send me a PM (personal message) when you have edited your post and you are satisfied with it.

Last edited by a moderator: