Open up new crafting profession after reaching 650 Crafting Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser8269
  • Start date

DeletedUser8269

Proposal
Open up new crafting profession when reaching 650 Crafting Points.

Current Workaround
None. When reaching 650 cp there is no challenge regarding crafting anymore.

Details
When reaching 650 cp as for example being a Field Cook, there is not much left to do except make some buffs like Gentleman's Dinners for people. It would be nice if when that happens, a player can choose a second crafting profession when having 'mastered' the first one.
Current mastered tier would stay intact, and in this example the player can of course choose from either Tonic Peddler, Blacksmith or Saddle Master as his/her second tier. After choosing the other (two) will be closed of course.
When he or she would eventually master the second tier as well, and reach 650 again, he or she can choose from the last two professions etc. Eventually one can master all four crafting professions like that.

Abuse Prevention
No loopholes or abuse possible that I am aware of.

Visual Aids
No visual aids would be required I think. It would probably require an extra tab-page at the crafting page but I doubt a screenshot or picture is required for it.
Edit :
upmf.jpg

(In here for example Yellow could be 'mastered', green 'current', and grey the undone professions, just like the crafting itself. Just an example of how it could work)

1ec9.jpg

Summary
Opening up a second crafting profession after finishing one I think this has several benefits for players :
- After reaching level 650, crafters will still have a challenge on another profession;
- For the ones that made the 'wrong' choice they can go another way. Like true Fort Fighters that on second thought prefer to make FF buffs, they can become Blacksmith;
- People that have not been able to reach for example their 250 green recipes achievement, they get a chance to still get it (might be considered a loophole, but not to me tbh).
- Personally I don't see any cons.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No (well I could not find it, for all that is worth)

Respectfully,
Gryph

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you said no visual aids would be required, what about when you see their profile, there is no space to show more than one profession?

DeletedUser35746

Personally, I'm not familiar with it (don't know why). But I agree, there is nothing to do after reaching level 650, so I'd suggest to decrease cp in regular intervals if you don't craft yellow/green recipes for certain time, instead of it (it reflects rl - you forget how to do something when you don't do it).

DeletedUser

Personally, I'm not familiar with it (don't know why). But I agree, there is nothing to do after reaching level 650, so I'd suggest to decrease cp in regular intervals if you don't craft yellow/green recipes for certain time, instead of it (it reflects rl - you forget how to do something when you don't do it).

600 to 650 already takes insanely long without having it go backwards for any reason.

DeletedUser34781

raise it a small bit more.. use some of the products that as of now have no uses. need to keep folks interest..

make some recipes "really rare" to add to the allure

DeletedUser

A second profession would be better than nothing, but I'd rather have something else. I've already gotten one of each profession to 600 (two tonic peddlers) and would rather have something different.

DeletedUser

It seems a good idea, but I'd rather make something completely new, with new recipes that would be related to the original profession. I would call it "specialization". When you reach level 650 with your chosen profession, new options called "specializations" would be available, for example:

Saddler specializations: tanner, cartwright, etc...
Blacksmith specializations: metalworker, engineer, gunsmith, etc...

Each specialization could have different recipes and products, based on their profession, so field cook won't be able to choose blacksmith specializaion.

Remember, this is just my suggestion, please don't criticize if you don't like it.

DeletedUser

It seems a good idea, but I'd rather make something completely new, with new recipes that would be related to the original profession. I would call it "specialization". When you reach level 650 with your chosen profession, new options called "specializations" would be available, for example:

Saddler specializations: tanner, carpenter, etc...

Each specialization could have different recipes and products. I think it would bring crafting diversity to a whole new level.

Remember, this is just my suggestion, please don't criticize if you don't like it.

I love this one more than original idea, was thinking about something similar :)

DeletedUser8269

you said no visual aids would be required, what about when you see their profile, there is no space to show more than one profession?

I added some visual aids then, of possibilities.
I would like to add I don't really mind how it exactly would look like, its a fairly simple change and can keep people crafting even after level 650. The layout is of lesser importance.

Furthermore, of course a specification after finishing, for the real pro-crafters would of course be very nice, if not nicer as well. Thought about that but came up with this because it's just way more easy to implement without having to write lots of new code.

DeletedUser34194

I love the original idea. I would rather be able to craft both stomach meds and Baked beans then make Really special cake that only 650+ craft level can make. It would probably take forever to determine and then debate on what kind of buff that cake would then have anyway.

DeletedUser

Saddler specializations: tanner, cartwright, etc...

Each specialization could have different recipes and products, based on their profession, so field cook won't be able to choose blacksmith specializaion.

I like this much better than the original idea.

DeletedUser

Furthermore, of course a specification after finishing, for the real pro-crafters would of course be very nice, if not nicer as well. Thought about that but came up with this because it's just way more easy to implement without having to write lots of new code.

Choosing another profession would be much easier to implement, but it would eliminate cooperation between crafters and make certain crafting products less desirable.

Daamn, I still need that pan to stew beans and bacon. Oh, no problem, now I can make one myself!

DeletedUser19518

Apologize if i am wrong but the idea of 650 gold job receipt was answered negatively? Cuz i liked it. Nevermind, Yes to this also.

DeletedUser2217

I would be glad of anything to follow 650. It's such a slog to get there that the current reward isn't close to being worth it.

DeletedUser30224

Apologize if i am wrong but the idea of 650 gold job receipt was answered negatively? Cuz i liked it. Nevermind, Yes to this also.

If you are referring to this, it is still voting until 13th of September.

DeletedUser19518

Thanks zd3no. That exactly i meant. I already vote there! Vote here! See you later.

DeletedUser30224

This idea is eligible to be moved for a vote.

Gryph, please let me know if you'd like to refine your idea further or would like me to poll it as it is. Any changes that you'd might try to make must be reflected in the initial post.