Votes: 59 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Proposal
Proposal to introduce Group Chats/Customised Chats. A player who creates a Customised/Group Chat can add people into the chat, the people only who he wants to be included in the conversation are included and its guarded from public eye.

Current Workaround
None whatsoever. When 3 people in different alliances wish to have a conversation with each other, either they have to create 3 individual 'whisper' chats or use the general chat which does not give the privacy intended.

Details
What I am suggesting is that there should be a feature enabling such chats which one can start by clicking on chat settings. The creator may add more people to the chat, but only those people he likes to have a discussion with. This will give a lot more privacy and advantage to the users. The different areas in which it will help are :-

Discussions between a group of leaders in an alliance - Fort Strategies, Diplomacy and Important decisions can be made and discussed in a lot more easier and advantageous system like a customised chat. There are often njubs interrupting the alliance chats by spamming "Selling Howdah 2.5m cheap!!" et cetera. Also spying can be reduced to a great extent.

Discussions among friends in different alliances - There are always some friends in different alliances you wish to chat with together, however the current chat system does not favor this unless you use the General Chat.

Item trading among a group of people - Say a group of people are arranging a trade amongst each other. What they have to do in order to keep the thing away from the public eye at the moment is create a town and join there for a day in order to get everything sorted out. The customised chat aids these too.

Camping a town : Players from different towns camping a common town - Strategies etc can be discussed within the campers via the chat. The duels can be shared so that aim/dodge positions can be generalised amongst the members.

Also it would help in a lot more cases, these were the ones which came up in my mind.

Visual Aids

cuv3hsW.png

wRnDbrl.png

Summary
This idea should make the already much flexible chat system a lot more flexible and remove the few loopholes it has.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

What do you mean? Call it what you will, this would already prevent spying, as long as you didn't give the spy access.

No, he wants the chat to think for you. So like if you try to invite a spy to your chat you get a popup saying, "No dude, don't invite him! He's a spy!"

DeletedUser529

I have seen this in many other online games....A very common feature......GOOD idea.....It does not even need a vote.......Send this puppy directly to the developers.....:)

DeletedUser30224

I have seen this in many other online games....A very common feature......GOOD idea.....It does not even need a vote.......Send this puppy directly to the developers.....:)

If in 12 h this will not receive some positive votes, "this puppy" is not going anywhere.

One Armed Ninja

There is actually a small workaround that you can do at the moment for this.

In a world use the command /join
then enter the name of the chatroom you'd like to create/join (capitalisation matters)

For example /join SecretChat

Get anyone else you want to type that too and they'll be in the chatroom as well, give it a go :)

Edit: I should add that typing it doesn't immediately put you into the room, it jsut adds it to your room list whilst you stay logged in. You then have to open the room like you would normally

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Most of the people don't know that coding, even I knew of it much later. I proposed this idea so that we could actually make it easier to use and make it popular. I should have added that bit in the current workaround section but then I had no idea about this coding when I proposed the idea.

Isn't actually a minor idea that can be passed without voting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

Could be made easier i agree but i knew about it since alliance mate is good with coding.

Just a button imo and we have personal chats at fingertips and whole lot of more fun :D

DeletedUser30224

The voting process for this idea has ended. Since the approval rating is above 80%, the idea will be sent to developers. Congratulations.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.