Gold and Silver job scripts

DeletedUser8627

As far as I'm aware, scripts that indicate gold and silver jobs on the map have been globally banned. The last from the Lead CM was that it was not to be used on any server. I'm not aware of this ever changing.

DeletedUser30417

As far as I'm aware, scripts that indicate gold and silver jobs on the map have been globally banned. The last from the Lead CM was that it was not to be used on any server. I'm not aware of this ever changing.

Maybe Inno can make a premium option to search for silver/golden jobs. I wouldn't mind paying for it. Having to search for them manually everyday is a very tedious routine :(

DeletedUser8627

That would be a possibility yes but there are too few silver and gold jobs on the map to actually make it some sort of premium service.

As an estimate, I think there are only about 30 of these jobs available at any given time, plus duplicate jobs and they spread all over the map.

DeletedUser22685

Having a small number available doesn't affect the viability of a premium option to automatically search for them. If anything it'd make it even more enticing to players as they're relatively hard (or at least tedious) to find. It's unnecessary though in my opinion, it's a further gap between premium players and non-premium players that isn't needed. They're already paying for services to help them level up faster, they don't need this as well.

DeletedUser

there 5 silver jobs per county = 70 silver jobs and there always 20 gold jobs(totally randomly located on the map)

thus there 90 jobs in total, those numbers were known the day those jobs were introduced lol.

i don't job on any world actually but i remember from when i did doing silver jobs(or gold) was really the bomb, just to give you an example, do a clearing the forest as normal folk with 5 silver pickaxes you get 4-5 wood per hour...

now be premium have 5 golden pixkaxes in the job and find it silver or gold, you get 15-20 wood per hour....

doing silver or gold jobs really makes a difference if your hoarding product or you just need extra cash and xp.

Still scripts are good to be banned though, since only thing that will happen is a lot of folks use it and bsaically abuse the silver\gold system ending up with getting it removed all together

ps da twista gold scripts are not globally banned... since the crazy vodka sippers of russia allow them, atleast thats what the russians on our .net alliance tell us.

DeletedUser6752

Would it be more fair if you could spend Bonds to do the search? Like Magnadine said, the daily search is tedious (and a bit painful some days, if you have arthritis).

jarograv

Agreed - a bit silly to do all that clicking just to learn that the job you wanted isnt silver today (especially with the sporadic time that they change) be nice if there was some option to find a silver job.

DeletedUser22685

That completely defeats the purpose of having gold and silver jobs. They're not supposed to be easy to find, nor are they supposed to be the only type of job you do if you don't want to put in that effort. I do normal jobs because I couldn't be bothered searching for boosted ones, I don't understand why it's so hard for others to do the same. We went years without gold and silver jobs, they're supposed to be a reward for those who can find them, not the norm.

DeletedUser6752

The sporadic timing of the reset is part of the problem - I will F5 to refresh well after 9pm local time (03:00 server time) when the new silver/gold jobs are supposedly out, find a silver job I want to queue for the next day, do so, and log off for the night.
If I happen to have time in the morning to check on things before work, I sometimes find that that Silver job I had found the night before is no longer Silver, the time I had spent looking for it (going through several necessary jobs in order to do so, sometimes) was wasted, and now I have to settle for some random job I don't need to do as an alternative to spending 12 - 15 hours in the hotel.

Is there a specific reason why the Silver and Gold jobs don't change over at a specific time? I don't understand why they don't just change at server reset like the daily tasks do.

And yes, we DID go for years without Silver and Gold jobs - but we also didn't need to do anything more than look up a job, find its job site closest to town, and queue it. There was no need for any more effort in that regard. But with all the changes to the job system over the past year or two, all those variables have been skewed so often that it's not possible to make a direct comparison in any way between the way we found jobs then as opposed to how we find them now.

I understand full well that they're rewards, of a sort, for making the effort to look for them - but when that effort is wasted due to some random factor that none of us understand, that's where the complaints and suggestions for change start to come in. If we knew exactly when to start looking for them each day, a large part of this frustration would be eliminated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

The game wiki states that the jobs are reset at 4 AM server time daily.
http://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Jobs#Enhanced_jobs
Bonus jobs that vanish before then were used up by other players working the job.

I know too many people, including myself, who see the changeover taking place not only at a different time than 4 am server time; but have seen it take place at different times on different servers. So I don't believe that is anything more than a rough estimate - I don't usually go to the wiki, but I'd guess that was probably the time by which all servers have been reset.

And yes, I know about the gold jobs being used up - but my impression is that the Gold jobs are still partially lingering in the old job system - when each job had one single length of time, and in its Gold version could be worked for (just a guesstimate here) 50 times before it winked out and became a regular job site once again.
Now we have the new job system where it can be worked for 15 seconds, 10 minutes or 1 hour; some people rush to a Gold site and start farming it for cash using the 15-second jobs, while others go there to get the increased product drop rate and work it for 1-hour increments.
The problem is, the job is still set to that specific number of times it can be worked - and even if I get there right after it resets, and queue a 1-hour job, if someone else gets there around the same time and works fifty 15-second jobs, by the time I get my first 1-hour job done the site is already no longer Gold and I'm SOL. I have had something along these lines happen several times already - I get there soon after the jobs reset (between 0300 and 0400 server time) and queue a few 1-hour jobs; even if there is only one other person there, I usually get only one job finished while the job site is still Gold, and then it switches back to normal. There's no way x number of 1-hour jobs can be completed so quickly in the space of one hour - and the workers appear and disappear in less than an hour - so the Gold formula must still be using a hard count of times worked, no matter which time limit is used.

Slygoxx

The change in silver jobs should be at 3 AM server time every day. I have never seen it happen at any other time myself.

As for the gold jobs, those do not change at a specific time, but after players have worked on the jobs a certain amount of times. It's currently unknown how many times that is though. It is possible that 15 second and 1 hour jobs both subtract 1 from that amount (I don't know this btw), and while this does give an advantage to players who do the job 15 seconds, making the 15 second job subtract less would give it even more of an advantage, as you can use the bonus for more jobs.

DeletedUser

i think the new timer for golden is 10. at least i did a few golden while alone at job site and every time the 11th was regular

DeletedUser6752

The change in silver jobs should be at 3 AM server time every day. I have never seen it happen at any other time myself.

As for the gold jobs, those do not change at a specific time, but after players have worked on the jobs a certain amount of times. It's currently unknown how many times that is though. It is possible that 15 second and 1 hour jobs both subtract 1 from that amount (I don't know this btw), and while this does give an advantage to players who do the job 15 seconds, making the 15 second job subtract less would give it even more of an advantage, as you can use the bonus for more jobs.

Right now it is 03:38 server time; the Silver job I worked at yesterday on Briscoe (after no screen refreshes) is now back to being a regular job site. The Silver job I worked at yesterday on Arizona is (after 2 refreshes) still a Silver job site (as is the one in Colorado). Even if there IS a "master switch" (which would only make sense) then there are variables at work here that haven't been accounted for. Even after making a reasonable effort to ascertain if the Silver jobs are still legitimately silver or not, there's no guarantee that they are. And, therefore, any such effort is often wasted. So it's not just asking for something for nothing - if we can't be sure if the Silver or Gold jobs we DO search for are the real thing, and we've done the work expected of us to find these "rewards" - it's only reasonable to expect that what we DO find is for real.

DeletedUser

Ok the simple way i see it, it is ok to pay nuggetz to have more skills than maggie, it is ok to pay nugets to get better gear than maggie, it is ok to pay nuggets to run away form maggies wrath, it ok to pay nugets to get products and lvl and places in hall of fame and all that. But it aint ok to find silver and golden jobs :blink:

DeletedUser8627

Would you like to pay nuggets to find gold and silver jobs?

DeletedUser34315

I personally would never use it, but I'm not opposed to the feature existing for those who wish to use such a feature.

DeletedUser

Those who have to use nuggets they will use nuggets for both. I dont use nuggets but I'm not opposed to it.