Fort Resistance Crafts/Buffs

DeletedUser30224

NOTE: This proposal is about Damage Reduction Buffs, the title can be "misleading".

Proposal: In much the same way as we have battle damage buffs, we should have battle damage reduction buffs as well.

Details: The current system introduced changes not only to the formula of battles but also introduced a damage and resistance formulas as well. The difference between damage and resistance is laughable but that's not the point to discuss in here.

For the first time we have resistance that makes us take less damage in fort battles. It didn't make sense before this was introduced to have damage reducing crafts/buffs, but now it's high time to do something about that.

Equipping a damage buff will negate any damage reduction buff and vice versa. Damage reduction buffs will be available in the bond shop or can be crafted. Each existing damage buff/craft will have it's damage reduction counterpart costing the same amount to buy and requiring the 'same amount' of products to craft and will have the same but negative effect as it's damage counterpart. When I say same amount, I do not specifically mean the same products, the crafted item should make sense..

Example:
Damage | Damage reduction
Graphite Lubricant +(20~40)|Camouflage padded Vest -(20~40)
Bayonet +(25-75)|Chainmail armor -(25-75)
...|...

Abuse Prevention: If you cannot abuse Damage buffs, you cannot abuse Damage reduction buffs. player below 230 hp has a chance of receiving 0 damage...but not many of those around in a battle.

Summary: Introduce the counterparts of fort damage buffs in form of fort damage reduction buffs.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Not since the update in fort battle formula.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Super idea! Brings in more variety to crafting and new market opportunities.

+1 from me if this votes.

One suggestion that is kind of on topic / off topic... It would be great if the modern armour was changed to resistance instead of + defence skills.

delldell56

erm...this is called "weapon chain" and "modern armour", and they both have been crafted buffs forever. the lard buff introduced with the soap opera quest as a shop item is also a resistance/defensive buff, like the extended barrel and other shop buffs that improve chances to inflict damage as well as help you take less.

DeletedUser16008

You can't just add items to crafting at this stage and certainly not every tree, what are you going to do make a new recipe that no one can get that easy after all this time ? or maybe just slot it in as able to do for everyone ? unworkable.

I can see it being in the shop at a high cost but as usual that creates more of an imbalance with prem and non prem again.

No from me.

DeletedUser30224

erm...this is called "weapon chain" and "modern armour", and they both have been crafted buffs forever. the lard buff introduced with the soap opera quest as a shop item is also a resistance/defensive buff, like the extended barrel and other shop buffs that improve chances to inflict damage as well as help you take less.

I am talking about damage reduction in the same way as a bayonet adds damage to your gun, the damage reduction will reduce the damage you take. They are mutually exclusive though of course.

DeletedUser20647

Good idea, but a flat 25-75 resist from the armor seems like way too much. Don't forget that you are usually taking shots from multiple players. Most players are not set up as 700 leadership/1300 HP (or whatever) and not everyone uses damage buffs.

Also, this would add up to about 110-120 resist for 10k HP tanks once/if the new resist formula is implemented.

Ripwise

Good idea, but a flat 25-75 resist from the armor seems like way too much. Don't forget that you are usually taking shots from multiple players. Most players are not set up as 700 leadership/1300 HP (or whatever) and not everyone uses damage buffs.

Also, this would add up to about 110-120 resist for 10k HP tanks once/if the new resist formula is implemented.

It needs balancing ofcourse but the core of the idea is great :)

DeletedUser30224

You are correct to some extent. Not everyone will afford to craft or buy a buff for every battle and some of these guys will want to have damage increase buffs instead. It's hard to imagine how it will impact the battle, but most probably defender tanks will want damage reduction while attacker tanks will go either way. I can imagine all the low HP players using damage reduction ... but then again we have some pure Fort battle specced people that ignore HP as well so they might want damage increase. I for one cannot project an accurate usage of these buffs to predict an abuse. It certainly would negate the new resistance formula if every single participant would always use damage reduction buff...something that is highly unlikely but possible.

DeletedUser

Agree 110%. As we've discussed the resistance formula is underpowered anyway. And damage buffs already exist. Seems the only logical place to go.

DeletedUser30224

I counted only Vic who's against this, so if in the coming week none of you will object, I will poll this ideas as well.

BTW, this was a previously suggested idea but died a bit in activity. They do go hand in hand though. It's basically resistance buffs.

DeletedUser

yeah..nice idea...bring on the crafting recs....fed up of making the same colt over and over

DeletedUser30224

This proposal is now up for a vote!

Good Luck!

DeletedUser25947

If you think a little of the FF mechanism and why Inno introduced this new system the answer is fairly straight forward - this idea although it's an interesting one it's not a good one to help the actual problems, unless is tweaked to adapt to the system.
Let's say we have 10 players using a damage buff and 10 players using a defense buff and we have a 50 players battle. Theoretically speaking in one round we will have 10 actions of increased damage ( as those 10 players will shoot ) and potentially a maximum of 50 actions of reducing the damage - assuming that all 50 players have LOS on those 10 players equipped with damage reduction buffs. that's a 5:1 over power ratio for damage reduction which together with still existing high HP will bring back the problem Inno tried to tackle with their new FF system. Maybe something like you have 30% CHANCE for a damage reduction ( so something based on server roll ) which will pretty much guarantee a slight balance between the damage and the defense buffs might work better?!...dunno
If it was me deciding I would bring back the old FF system which worked perfectly fine for so many years and look elsewhere to apply changes ( fort bonuses, field bonuses, terrain LOS changers, increase round numbers, better FF gear...etc )

DeletedUser

i got 1 downside if you for example got a bow not that high damage i think everyone can agree on that and you put up a damage resistance buff it gets even lower making it impossible for lower levels to make damage against those that got a damage ressist buff or

you will be forcing them to buy expensive bayonets/choose a certain class or discourage FF at all

DeletedUser22685

Low levels have never been able to perform well in fort fights because of their HP, this wouldn't make it any less appealing.