Worker Class Fort Fighting Bonus

DeletedUser23629

Proposal
Assign or adjust the worker class fort fighting bonus. The effects from the class bonus paired with the newest update to fort fighting, makes the current class bonus completely irrelevant. Add 50 damage resistance for the worker (100 premium) instead of the current worker bonus.

Current Workaround
Worker class fort fighting bonus is irrelevant.

Details
The worker class bonus of the sector increased by 60% is a joke. We are talking a very insignificant amount of differences between aim/dodge numbers, when a premium worker is standing on their own tower compared to a different class on their own tower with similar skills. And their attack bonus, wait, they don't have one of those either.

New update has brought only horrible battles for workers in both attacks and defenses, making them virtually worthless.

Solution is to change the bonus to add a resistance. 50 damage resistance or 100 premium.

Visual Aids
N/A

Summary
A change is needed for the worker class FF bonus, as they currently don't have one.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Hope so.
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Not since FF update.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Workers bonus suggestion:
1: Double leadership bonus from Soldiers in their vicinity (quadruple premium)
2: 25% hiding skill bonus when mounted on towers (50% premium)
3: 25% chance to heal themselves for 25% of the sustained damage if received 2 hits and missed; additional 10% heal the players around them. (50% chance to heal 50% self and 20% neighbors when premium)
4: Double shot when sustained at least a single crit (triple not quadruple shot when premium). << The double (triple) shot is not a hit, just a normal shot, you can very well miss. You cannot get this ability if you are in attack and you are dead before you can shoot.
5: Crit chance of 50% (100% premium) when you die. This skill works in both attack and defence (Yes you will crit the closest target even if you are already dead in attack, if the ability is triggered of course)
6: Passive ability to heal yourself for 2% (4%) and 1% (2%) neighbors every round.
7: If targeting a friendly and no one-to-one swap is performed (no green arrow) then you will heal the player for 4% (8%) of the sustained damage that round. This ability is triggered only if the target has sustained damage that round. This ability works even in defense but of course it is performed after attackers have shot.

DeletedUser22685

I saw someone mention a healing ability for workers (sarcastically) and thought it was brilliant. That would be a very interesting change IMO, but would require some thinking in order to implement it properly.

DeletedUser

new ability for workers: +50 resistance(100 for premiums) or something, give workers a resistance buff instead of their current bonus

DeletedUser

new ability for workers: +50 resistance(100 for premiums) or something, give workers a resistance buff instead of their current bonus

Love this idea as it really gives them a great skill which is in fitting with the new formulas and somewhat balances them out in comparison to the other character classes.

DeletedUser

I completely agree with Peter008's suggestion. Other 3 classes have special features but Worker class. And yes "healing ability for workers" sounds great.

DeletedUser34862

Yes agree workers need a better bonus. I always thought better to finally use those final crafted items, for example a worker could equip:

a fabled antidote which heals X% of hp each hit - a crafted resistance buff that can't be shop bought
a golden music box which blocks moat(s) * for X round(s) *edit: or neighbouring sectors *or increases morale (sector bonus - Elmyr idea)
a pony express saddlery which allows them to move 2 sectors at a time instead of one
a hottest chilli in the west which creates an explosion taking off an extra 20 damage for 3 surrounding sectors outside WT, or disallowing movement of attackers in surrounding sectors of WT (due to the bad smell)

This can create an incentive for crafting to the top level again. No doubt Inno will do some resistance buffs anyway, but like the idea of healing/morale too.

Just thoughts and know hard to implement technically.. but this kind of thing to mix it up and give us a laugh (especially the chilli explosion) and a more unexpected/random occurrence in battles.

What's in the clouds <withheld content> ?

DeletedUser

Yes agree workers need a better bonus. I always thought better to finally use those final crafted items, for example a worker could equip:

a fabled antidote which heals x% of hp each hit
a golden music box which blocks moat(s) for x round(s)
a pony express saddlery which allows them to move 2 sectors at a time instead of one
a hottest chilli in the west which creates an explosion taking off an extra 20 damage for 3 surrounding sectors outside worker's tower

This can create an incentive for crafting to the top level again. No doubt Inno will do some resistance buffs anyway, but like the idea of healing too.

Incentive to craft now that crafting is insanely easy and a screw you to crafters who got to 600 when it was hard with a crafted item bonus they don't want. Most people would want the saddle, and saddler is the rarest profession. Most fort fighters who know what they're doing are blacksmiths and the golden music box bonus sucks, since only medium forts have moats. The bonus is also way too specific strategy oriented and I can't see Inno implementing it anyway. A much more logical bonus would be playing music which raises morale giving a sector bonus.

Hmm, morale, that gives me an idea...

DeletedUser3230

Isn't the poll on the public beta a precursor to boosting whichever class loses, workers losing right now

DeletedUser34862

Incentive to craft now that crafting is insanely easy and a screw you to crafters who got to 600 when it was hard with a crafted item bonus they don't want. Most people would want the saddle, and saddler is the rarest profession. Most fort fighters who know what they're doing are blacksmiths and the golden music box bonus sucks, since only medium forts have moats. The bonus is also way too specific strategy oriented and I can't see Inno implementing it anyway. A much more logical bonus would be playing music which raises morale giving a sector bonus.

Hmm, morale, that gives me an idea...

Whatever you like Elmyr - main point is to give a stronger reason to craft high level items for all classes and it be useful to create more interaction for workers, a bonus in battle for workers, and those leaders that make a strategy for winning battles for any size fort could mix and match to suit - whatever the bonus attached are an example of what could be done, would need more thinking on the knock-on effects of each and of course, maybe too complex for Inno to practically implement.

What's in the clouds <withheld content> ?

DeletedUser30224

This thread is about worker class bonuses much like other classes. Since none of the classes have crafting bonuses, please do not mix it in this discussion or create a new thread where all classes benefit from class-dependent crafts.

DeletedUser34862

This thread is about worker class bonuses much like other classes. Since none of the classes have crafting bonuses, please do not mix it in this discussion or create a new thread where all classes benefit from class-dependent crafts.

I'm suggesting these bonuses are for workers only, not all other classes. I understand this is a departure from how bonuses are applied in the way other classes are done ie dueller crit etc, im suggesting a special buff that only workers can use as their bonus as worker - rather than just the predictable sector bonus.

DeletedUser

I saw someone mention a healing ability for workers (sarcastically) and thought it was brilliant. That would be a very interesting change IMO, but would require some thinking in order to implement it properly.

Thanks, I was being both sarcastic and serious. Even though I don't have any workers, I am all for improving the worker bonus in FF. They should have some kind of support/healing role in battles.

DeletedUser

Supporting the main idea to improve worker bonus. I doubt healing bonus get acceptance from Inno, but that's nice idea. Like the idea of bonus resistance.

My own suggestion is something like this: Have "x" percent chance to hit back the attacker (in case he get shot or even if he dodges) for "y" percent of inflicted damage.

Or have "x" percent chance to shoot all the enemy that hit him (or even shoot at him).

DeletedUser

Not to mention that there's too much hp as there is without healing it.

DeletedUser34315

I really like the additional resistance being their bonus. That seems like a very fair bonus, and would make them equally powerful as all the other classes.

DeletedUser22493

Lots of good suggestions here, but I can't poll an idea that doesn't know what it wants to change. Thread starter needs to update his first post and add some of the suggested bonuses for workers.

DeletedUser

i think according to the thread, there 2 options that jump out as favorite new bonusses, a healing power, however there been some good criticism that it would A be very difficult to implement and B: there is already to much health to shoot down anyway

second option is to give the worker class a resistance bonus, how exactly that would be implemented could be a fixed bonus like +50 resistance, or +0.5 resistance per level a worker has