Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser15641

Well, sure, I get that, and I thought the 2 posts by "Jesus" and "Satan" were kinda funny too, but someone still posted a picture of Jesus being mocked with a caption about his being drunk and "looks like he's been drinking too much of his own blood". Really? That's going a bit far. His blood washed away my sins.

I just felt like I needed to say something.

Jesus is an Islamic figure too, but they weren't referring to him, so I didn't felt any insult nor any other thing that your thinking. So why are you feeling that way?

DeletedUser21689

Prayers, Atributes, Experience, Skills. Its all means nothing. Get a grip. You can get a plus 6 grip from shouty faced Elmyr. See above.

DeletedUser

Gosh the answer is right there in your faces and you don't see it??

Praying makes you a better human being and secures your place in heaven! Specially Sunday's cause God tends to listen to your prayers more on Sunday and wearing your hat in church or packing a gun is just plasphemy! :p

I go with the general motion that it might reduce the chance of you getting hurt on a job cause "God is looking over you" or something along those line. Or maybe a builder wont hit himself on the finger with the hammer and thus you may or may not get better store items but I like the theory of praying being related to job damage. Or maybe it depends on your class like:

Worker prays before taking a town build to the next level = better items
Adventurer prays before questing or jobs = better drop, smaller chance to get hurt
Solider prays before fort fight = deals more damage and receives less
Dueller prays before dueling = deals more damage and receives less

But that's all maybe maybe maybe :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

If a greenhorn prays do they figure out how to trade with Indians?

DeletedUser30224

If a greenhorn prays he/she has a better chance to become a world player.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well what is my agnostic paladin character supposed to do now after Andy figured out prayer? My whole search for the holy grail is now over, guess I'll go have Waupee destroy my sword now.

DeletedUser

I go with the general motion that it might reduce the chance of you getting hurt on a job cause "God is looking over you" or something along those line. Or maybe a builder wont hit himself on the finger with the hammer and thus you may or may not get better store items but I like the theory of praying being related to job damage. Or maybe it depends on your class like:

Worker prays before taking a town build to the next level = better items
Adventurer prays before questing or jobs = better drop, smaller chance to get hurt
Solider prays before fort fight = deals more damage and receives less
Dueller prays before dueling = deals more damage and receives less

You really should try getting some proof to back these idle conjectures of yours. You realise that you're just retreading the same tedious ground of everybody else in this thread?

But that's all maybe maybe maybe :)

Well thanks for that sparkling wisdom.

DeletedUser30224

Ask Waupee about Wogon invasion, I'm sure that will replace your current hole in your life. That Waupee guy can add purpose to one's life, I only play because of my friend Waupee. The other day he sent me on a path to find a wolf, and even though I didn't find a wolf, I did find a Coyote cub, now my faithful companion.

He can be elusive with his answers. When I asked him about church praying, he just told me: "Better build the church up to make a better man of yourself, God will hear you wherever you are, but the building will make you stronger".

DeletedUser

You really should try getting some proof to back these idle conjectures of yours. You realise that you're just retreading the same tedious ground of everybody else in this thread?

Or, to put it another way, a guess is not the same as a theory.

DeletedUser

I don't need to prove anything cause I didn't make any claims. I said "I'd like to go with the general motion of this thread" so yeah I'm retreading theories raised by others in this thread, so what? And in regards to the charaxter classes I said:

but I like the theory of praying being related to job damage. Or maybe it depends on your class like...

Go away troll somebody else lol.

DeletedUser

I don't need to prove anything cause I didn't make any claims. I said "I'd like to go with the general motion of this thread" so yeah I'm retreading theories raised by others in this thread, so what? And in regards to the charaxter classes I said:

Anyway firstly you admit that you're retreading pointless unprovable ground? If you knew that then doesn't that make your post rather...pointless? And if you knew that consciously you were not contributing then doesn't that mean that you posted merely for the post count? Or maybe because you knew someone would respond to you? You, my friend, are the troll here.

Oh, and you do need to prove it, you made claims, look at your own post. You made claims, either prove them or back off.

but I like the theory of praying being related to job damage. Or maybe it depends on your class like...

It's idle conjecture. Completely different from a theory.

Go away troll somebody else lol.

Yup, that's a good comeback. So ironic.

DeletedUser31058

as i heard if you pray before each hour of building(tailor, gunsmith, general store) at the end when you lv up building you will get better items then without praying....

DeletedUser

as i heard if you pray before each hour of building(tailor, gunsmith, general store) at the end when you lv up building you will get better items then without praying....

"better items" has better meaning to different player, depending on each build they play.

DeletedUser

"better items" has better meaning to different player, depending on each build they play.

think for weapons you will have a higher chance for precise rather then rusty if you pray before leveling the building.

DeletedUser34315

I've seen no evidence to support that. I never prayed before building, and our town got very valuable items and a couple bad ones. A friend prayed before every hour of work and got wretched items. It's purely chance, imo.

DeletedUser

I did pray before building and got a weapon store full of rusty weapons so I don't believe that myth either. Personally, I see no connection between praying and any aspect of the game and think that it is purely there as an interactive part of the game for those with beliefs.

DeletedUser

This topic resurfaces every once in a while.

I had a hypothesis, that hasn't been confirmed nor rejected yet: Praying changes your luck.

Let's say you did the job "Ambush" for 50 hours. On average these should drop 9 fancy jewelries. Let's say you notice that you've got way fewer products than expected. Try praying once, then do another batch of the job.

Or you're harvesting chili peppers for days, and the key to Henry's house still hasn't dropped. Pray once, then go back to the pepper field.

Or you notice you barely land a hit during duels, despite wearing dueling clothes and having a good allocation of skills. Try praying once, then go back to dueling.

Or during fort fights, you seem to miss more shots than ever. Visit the church for a praying, then join the next battle.

However, if you notice you're on a roll, don't go praying. If my hypothesis is correct, praying can either increase or decrease your luck, or increase your luck for an activity and decrease it for another.

DeletedUser

lol something thats been in the game since the start and still no one knows what it does? obviously its nothing much if no ones found it by now so y even bother