Expanding User List in chat

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

DeletedUser30224

Idea title: Allow the chat window to be saved with expanded User List
Details of Idea: Each time I log in the server, I have to open the user list on any chat to see who is online before deciding to post anything. I'd like to have the option to have the user list expanded by default.
Visual Aid:
9U0kqTM.png
<<<< I want | Don't want >>>>
43pF5eY.png
Gq59QCs.png

Reasons for submitting: Takes extra time to open the chat list every single time on every server. I would never program it that way, makes little sense, you should be able to close it (possibly to save space on you chat lines) but it should be open as you are always opening it before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

As long as it is indeed an option and not forced upon us, I for one don't want that huge online players list to appear every time I open chat. Perhaps it could open in the state it was in when we last logged out.

DeletedUser30224

Resurrecting this idea. Anyone has any comments on this ?

DeletedUser

It takes one click to expand it, and I'd rather like to see the chat box clean when I open it. I would say no, we don't really need it..I see no point in it whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

It takes one click to expand it, and I'd rather like to see the chat box clean when I open it. I would say no, we don't really need it..I see no point in it whatsoever.

I agree that it takes a click to open it, but when I come online on 4 worlds it's 4 click just to see who is online. You have the option to keep it expanded or not, and you do not need to click anything. That's my angle.

Deleted User - 1693871

I like the idea of having a choice whether it opens expanded or not, so +1.

Plus as it's an option, MJ's objection doesn't really apply as he can still opt for the unexpanded view.

DeletedUser

Yes of course I can untick that box in the visual aid that Zd3no provided but then what I'm saying is that we can well do the same with a few clicks (well ok, 4 -_-) and that you can't have everything automated.

DeletedUser30224

This proposal passed the voting process and was submitted to developers. No further discussions are necessary.

Thank you