New Changes

DeletedUser30224

eMMMM, the fact is that we did our job, we did announce everything as we usually announce game changes, on this forum. There are and always will be players, like yourself atm that are unhappy about some changes or the way that the changes are implemented, but at the end of the line, there is no room for complaints this time. I'll be honest with you, I personally see no reason for your displeasure. You didn't inform yourself accordingly while others around you had.

Now that is not saying that I am not sympathizing with you, I do, in fact Inno Games and all the moderating team would want nothing less than perfect harmony and for all the users to be happy, we are only people and if we do make mistakes, we are gravely sorry for them. However, like Twista and ripwise already stated above, we do not think that there is room for complaint this time. If the update could have been performed smoother, we'll only have to try to do it better next time.

DeletedUser

zd3no, I didn't say nothing about I dislike the changes has been made. Dont' get wrong and read carefully what I said. Is a new change, that's all. Is very early to say that something is wrong, don't you think??? At the moment (I've been playing no more than 40 minutes), the only thing I don't like is that takes very long the daily tasks... but I believe all this things will be right in any moment and will be adjusting. I likes the changes on the things, because avoid the "boring". As I said, the only "claim" (it's not a claim, it's just a constructive criticism) is that, for that kind of changes, the best way is to use the "telegram" feature or "server announcement". Da Twista sais that if they use this way, many people will start boring about that message. I don't agree at all. Actually, we (the players) receive about 1 message each week (or less). The message could be like "Next thursday, may 23th, will change the version of the game, PLEASE read carefully the forum thread http://forum.the-west.net" and everybody happy. That's all, nothing else. If you did this way, everybody will be noticed. As I told you, I don't need that any admin sais I'm right, but, I'm sure, if you think productively... constructively, and and being objective, I mean, forgetting about "ehy!!! I'm admin!!! I can't be wrong!!!", you will see that way.

DeletedUser8627

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't every single player have to go through the-west.net URL before logging into their characters?

If you look on this page at the NEWS section you will notice something:

Version 2.04 Changelog!
(On 21/05/13 at 6:37 PM)

Check out the new goodies coming with version 2.04 on Thursday!! » more info

As I said earlier, we will not be announcing every small change via an interstitial newsletter. If we did this, we would have to release a few interstitials a week, some days, more than one where players could possibly miss information. Besides, interstitials are mainly used to announce campaigns rather than new updates.

And of course I'm the admin, in player eyes, I'm never right ;)

DeletedUser5998

To be honest I'm on that page so much I ignore everything accept logging in to the game. But you are right it is there, I just don't read it. :)

DeletedUser

Mercuryk, me too. I ignore absolutelly this page (and will keep on doing). I just "press enter". but... Mercuryk... what should we know??? we are just users :)

DeletedUser16008

I rarely read the updates in detail myself, but I don't complain if i am unaware of whats coming. My fault same as it is anyone else that dosn't, most people are born with eyes and learn to read, if the owners brain decides in its wisdom not to use those assets then thats just too bad.

DeletedUser

Victor, I usually dont' read my updates too... but what I'm trying to show here, is just a suggestion, is as easy as that. Next time, you will do as you think is the best way, that, as I see, is post in forums, facebook...

This change you made thursday was a big change that affect directly to a lot of players. I'm very happy with the changes you made, because now is easy for me collect things to craft items, but, the fact, is that the best way to advice the users, is using his same program. Everybody logon... ok, Da Twista... absollutely right. In my company, all the users go through the logon page, but nobody read it. And we know that fact and understand them. And when we change something affect on their jobs, (virtual jobs in this case :)) we sent an email the day before the change has made... I think our method is a good method. We don't bother them with mails saying "ok, we made a new draw of the mountain and will be able to see them tomorrow"... don't send that kind of changes. Send, as an example "Hi folks, tomorrow at 14h we are going to change the version log. Some parts of the game will be seriously affected, please, go to the page http://forum.the-west.net to see the changes!!!"

Please, take all my posts as what they are,... JUST A SUGGESTION, don't get offend with them (I read a post that an admin has deleted in a minute, thinking that I'm sarcastic to offend. That's not truth. I just use this to play... and want to collaborate with them to make easy for everyone get that changes.

DeletedUser5998

I rarely read the updates in detail myself, but I don't complain if i am unaware of whats coming. My fault same as it is anyone else that dosn't, most people are born with eyes and learn to read, if the owners brain decides in its wisdom not to use those assets then thats just too bad.

I'm trying not to wear mine out. :laugh:

DeletedUser

Quest Walkthrough

Is there any instructions on this site, or another sites, that explains the new criteria for quests? I had a few quests open and I am not sure if I have met all of the new criteria or if there are other requirements needed.

DeletedUser22685

Is there any instructions on this site, or another sites, that explains the new criteria for quests? I had a few quests open and I am not sure if I have met all of the new criteria or if there are other requirements needed.

As far as I know, no product requirements were changed, only the work time requirements and it's not important to know those before unlocking the quest. New level requirements, which I assume is what you were talking about, can be found in the link sambee posted above.

DeletedUser

It was a massacre and I lost all my money, all my exp and health, and had to join a town to regen, events shouldn't punish people. Thanks muchly.
Now getting back to the original question. Quest lines are gone, so now I can't look in my saloon, see what how I need to allocate my skill so that I can do the next quest in a quest line? So I must blindly do stuff and hope for the best?

Have I got it right?

MK

The quests are not "gone". As mentioned before their requirements simply changed. For example, some of them unlock on a higher level now. So once you reach that level the quest will be available to you again and (afaik) you'll continue where you left off before the update.

You can check the level requriements for all quests here:
http://tw-db.info/?strana=quests

If you're registered on tw-db and imported your toon you will have an easy time to track your quests.

DeletedUser17612

well you see 2.03 level requirements on page where quests are listed, but when you open specific questline, you get new 2.04 level requirement on the first quest of that questline.

DeletedUser

well you see 2.03 level requirements on page where quests are listed, but when you open specific questline, you get new 2.04 level requirement on the first quest of that questline.

Which brings up a problem I've been having. I finished Angel of Love and am L49, but Henry has yet to tell me to visit the Ghost Town. Is the information on tw-db incorrect? It says L45 for Ghost Town questline.

DeletedUser

Which brings up a problem I've been having. I finished Angel of Love and am L49, but Henry has yet to tell me to visit the Ghost Town. Is the information on tw-db incorrect? It says L45 for Ghost Town questline.

Never mind - I visited Ghost Town and finally got the quests.

DeletedUser

Hate them, now i have to do job 3 times to get 30 minutes required for a quest. When you only can put 4 jobs in a queue. Might work fine if you need a lot of jobs for a quest but I needed half hour Hunting Grizzly Bear and half hour Constructing Manor House. Old way two jobs in queue, new way takes 6. That's frigging rediculous.

... or two jobs ... its not so bad losing a bit of time, especially on the days that I plan to oversleep :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This thread is clearly outdated - I think the OP was talking about the repeatable quests, which are either do a job 4 times, or do a job for 10 mins, or get a product from a job. None of which are unreasonable with the new job system.