Submitted Duel Showdown

• Thread starter DeletedUser22493
  • Start date

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

By "asked them to vote" I suspect you mean "asked them to vote yes". I wonder how many of them actually read the idea. It's quite long, so out of 230 voters I assume not many of them did. That kind of takes away the credibility of the poll.

Unless there are a lot of people like me who tend to vote No when they get spam telegrams telling them to vote.

Ripwise

I agree with Zd3no, there is nowhere said in that mail to vote yes or no even tho ephasize out of context would be to vote positively when received such mail!

I like the idea and since im on the forum always and saw the development of the idea i voted yes!

Deleted User - 1693871

I agree with Zd3no, there is nowhere said in that mail to vote yes or no

Go Vote if You want this added..

I guess those who dislike the proposal have the option to make the same effort to promote the 'Go Vote if you don't want this added' view.

Deleted User - 1693871

LOL - I was quoting the bit from the post in Dakota where BigChief is telling people to vote in favour, given you'd said his post didn't contain anything like that. ;)

As for me, I'd urge people to vote AGAINST. :)

DeletedUser26568

nice to see some effort put in by someone to make the game interesting - gets a yes from me. Nice work biggie

1Big Chief

Below is what he posted in the Dakota world forum, though the bare text doesn't do the bold large lettering justice. :)

1Big Chief, level 29 from - ALCATRAZ - (3)
Ok Everyone == The Time has COME !!
Go Vote if You want this added.. Spam all your friends.. All Worlds ! ! !

Vote Link ==> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=52840
If you are not registered.. just register to vote .. please

Thanks in Advance All
Written On 7/04/13 at 12:21 AM
Hope this helps ... sorry if seems duplicate.. but proving all my worlds got the same message

1480024_orig.png

6206070_orig.png

6978126_orig.png

And Your world Felicity ;) thought I would help with the Bold Color Justice
8452521_orig.png

I see nothing wrong with it.. as all was in the promotion effort.. not which way to vote
And all my alliance telegrams said the same thing... none asking for yes votes only

5720386_orig.png

My only mistake was a NooB one.. NOT clicking the group box :blink: now I have hundreds of telegrams to clear in 2 worlds :rolleyes:

Thanks to the rest that voted.. Yes or No.. but especially yes :laugh:
At least we are getting opinions of how many want more west action.. or not

PS: Again.. excuse all the pictures .. was for Felicity & Futu to understand

DeletedUser

If I was in your alliance on any world, I probably would have voted against it just because I hate spam. Definitely if I was in your alliance on more than one world.

DeletedUser30417

By "asked them to vote" I suspect you mean "asked them to vote yes". I wonder how many of them actually read the idea. It's quite long, so out of 230 voters I assume not many of them did. That kind of takes away the credibility of the poll.

Probably most voters didn't read the entire proposal, but you don't really need to read everything to understand the essence of the proposal. You either agree or disagree with the essence of the proposal and vote accordingly.

DeletedUser30224

Go Vote if You want this added..

I guess those who dislike the proposal have the option to make the same effort to promote the 'Go Vote if you don't want this added' view.

I am sorry but that also reads "Go vote, I created this idea of course I want you to vote yes, but go and vote anyhow you please. On the side note I also am letting you aware that this idea is polled and requires your attention as a player that potentially cares about the development of this game".

I will sarcastically say as well that according to your logic the following will get me in jail: "Go jump in the well with a flashlight if you want to see the bottom of it".

I'd presume everybody reads the proposal before they vote on it. You should read it in order to decide whether you vote yes or no, otherwise we would just admit to ourselves that we are sheepishly following someone else's example.

But to be clear about one thing before I wrap this up: "Go Vote if You want this added.." means "If you want this added, go Vote" which also means "It will not be added if you will not vote" which DOESN't mean "If you do not vote yes, it will not be added" but simply "If no-one will vote, it will not be added". :)

It's either that or I've disappointed my logic class teacher.

Whether it will still pass the voting or be implemented afterwards, good effort 1Big Chief.

DeletedUser16008

Gods teeth people, this is one of the best worked out and presented ideas in YEARS of course theres nothing wrong in mentioning it and encouraging people to vote in game.

People can read and they can think for themselves, you think all people read a manefest when the vote in an election ? this hasnt been promoted to vote yes and not campaigned on and its pretty clear its extremely popular.

I cannot believe some peoples wish to question the validity of an obvioulsy popular idea, its pretty clear which way they have voted.

respect to you chief for all the effort and thought put into this...

Ive voted yes for one simple reason.... I want dueling to mean something again....

HelenBack

LOL - I was quoting the bit from the post in Dakota where BigChief is telling people to vote in favour, given you'd said his post didn't contain anything like that. ;)

As for me, I'd urge people to vote AGAINST. :)

Just out of curiosity... Why are you so against this Felicity? You've posted a couple times saying you were against it, but no reason why...
:unsure:

DeletedUser

I cannot believe some peoples wish to question the validity of an obvioulsy popular idea, its pretty clear which way they have voted.

When there are over 60 ideas with a medium of 65 votes... and this one is on the way to 300, that´s something strange with it on this forum that has a few active users and some that appear once a year or when they get stuck and don´t know how to read outside helps.

I voted NO because the main idea is a money and upb grabbing scheme for those who make 2000 duels before getting to level 120 and make 10000 to raise the rankings fast.
Changing somethings that i asked the promoter to think (and he discard them) would make it a game for everyone... not only those level 600 on duels that can only have 2-3 to duel on there server.

DeletedUser16008

When there are over 60 ideas with a medium of 65 votes... and this one is on the way to 300, that´s something strange with it on this forum that has a few active users and some that appear once a year or when they get stuck and don´t know how to read outside helps.

I voted NO because the main idea is a money and upb grabbing scheme for those who make 2000 duels before getting to level 120 and make 10000 to raise the rankings fast.
Changing somethings that i asked the promoter to think (and he discard them) would make it a game for everyone... not only those level 600 on duels that can only have 2-3 to duel on there server.

1 there have been ideas voted on with many voters before its all about letting people know its worth looking at, if it was a pile of rubbish they would be voting no, duelers will want to know they arnt voting for a bad idea to ruin thier game im pretty sure

2 I fail to see how you can say its a scheme for people before they are lvl 120 and at the same time think these high volume duelers would even want to raise thier duel levels for a platry ranking to run out of targets then you mention duel lvl 600 ... ive never seen anyone with duel lvl 600 under lvl 120 ;)

Like I say its clear the no voters are making a little bit more noise than just casting a vote ..

DeletedUser34315

1 there have been ideas voted on with many voters before its all about letting people know its worth looking at, if it was a pile of rubbish they would be voting no, duelers will want to know they arnt voting for a bad idea to ruin thier game im pretty sure

2 I fail to see how you can say its a scheme for people before they are lvl 120 and at the same time think these high volume duelers would even want to raise thier duel levels for a platry ranking to run out of targets then you mention duel lvl 600 ... ive never seen anyone with duel lvl 600 under lvl 120 ;)

Like I say its clear the no voters are making a little bit more noise than just casting a vote ..

As Victor said, it's not physically possible to get to level 120 with a DL of 600. While doing nothing but extremely high exp. dueling, i was level 120 by the time i hit the (pre 2.0) equivalent of DL 400.

MFRavenhawk

As someone who isnt a dueller, and who is regularly ambushed by them for no other reason than they can.......over and over and over ad infinitum.....I would initially be tempted to have voted no simply on grounds it appears to make duellers stronger again.

But reading into the proposal, I see how its something that potentially helps all classes regardless of skill distribution or level. And indeed it is something that can increase interest and participation in the game.

If there is anything I would consider seeing added would be an option to allow some defending townsmen (and perhaps even an attacker or two) the means to have sniper posts similar to a fort fight, whereby attackers could potentially be picked off or wounded from a distance.

We do see such things in Western movies after all, so its not a stretch to see it in-game as well.

And despite my initial misgivings over the idea to improve duellers, I did vote yes for this since I do see the value of it overall.

Congrats to 1Big Chief for a well thought-out and reasoned idea for improving the game :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Where did i say that i saw people on level 600 in duels before getting to 120????
There are 2 sentences there... one on the easiest way to get to 120 (that EVERYBODY knows that it´s dueling, dueling dueling), the other on the easiest way (that most of the people use) to get a big ranking on experience(dueling, dueling, dueling....) until they get stuck because they have so much duel level that cannot get opponents to get more experience...

Funny side, i voted no and explained why... most vote yes and don´t bother with the proposal or just say that it´s perfect.
That's why we can post here correct? If the proposals where perfect nobody would be allowed to post anything.

( i placed the same suggestion on the thread of the talking... but the promoter discard it)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Funny side, i voted no and explained why... most vote yes and don´t bother with the proposal or just say that it´s perfect.
That's why we can post here correct? If the proposals where perfect nobody would be allowed to post anything.

( i placed the same suggestion on the thread of the talking... but the promoter discard it)

Incorrect. You can post whether you voted or not, you can post if you voted yes as well as if you would have voted no.

If the proposals would be perfect from this moment onwards, I still think people would post just to express gratitude if nothing else.

I see it this way: You vote no and make a racket explaining why and how, because you do not want tit to pass and maybe just maybe others will be inspired from your explanaton and vote no as well.

The same can be said about voting yes. You can make a nice advertising effort by explaining in length why you voted yes.

In general people who oppose an idea are louder than the ones promoting it. That's how I see it anyhow.

DeletedUser24405

Great idea!

Well thought out Big Chief. I'll vote yes. I agree, it should make dueling fun again for those level 120's who have less and less opponents because of rising dueling levels.

And speaking of rising dueling levels, I was also going to make a suggestion to INNO that would potentially generate more $$ for them :laugh:. For the price of some nuggets or bonds, allow players to reset their dueling levels, just like you can reset your Attribute/Skill points:
*Can only reset dueling level lower NOT higher
*Can only reset dueling level NO lower than current character level
*Put a time restriction on it. For example: you can only reset your dueling level every 60 days.

~Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.