Labour points buff usage!

Ripwise

Idea title: Labour point buff use.

Details of idea: Idea is buff use number goes down after the job is finished and not when the job is qued or started.

Visual Aid: None needed.

Reasons for submitting: Such buff usage would eliminate spending buff in vain if wrong job is qued. To many times me and others have clicked wrong job when having labour points buff activated and cancelling the wrong job qued already spent number of uses that particular buff has.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

Agree. Or return buffs when jobs are canceled.
Return actions you mean, unless you think someone working 4 out of 5 actions should get his usable item back after canceling during the fifth, which would obviously be exploitable.

DeletedUser22493

Returning the buff of course, not the buff item.
And adding buffs\canceling jobs in order to stack buffs that normally wouldn't be stackable should also be prevented.

DeletedUser22493

That would be a matter of taste really. Imo there should be some risk involved in stacking up jobs with buffs and leaving it unsupervised.
Then again, others would argue its unfair to loose buffs when k'o'd.

DeletedUser

Then again, others would argue its unfair to loose buffs when k'o'd.

Whiners. If you don't want to get KOed and waste a buff don't use it when you're in a position to get KOed.

Ripwise

I was hoping for bigger response to this idea because in my opinion buff usage would be better if this idea went trough.

DeletedUser

I would agree that the credit for the buff be returned if a job is cancelled much in the same fashion that energy points are returned.

I was prepared to say that a buff for a scheduled job be returned if the job is cancelled due to being KO'd but had to reconsider. Scheduling a job as somebody said incurs certain risk, but in this regard, buffs are already handled different. In the course of normal game play, if you get KO'd you lose all of your health and energy but unallocated buffs are not lost. As long as they are unassigned to a task then I would prefer they stay protected.

So without drawing it further:
- Voluntary cancellation of a job returns the buff.
- Involuntary cancellation (getting KO'd buy the job or another player) results in the loss of buffs already assigned.

DeletedUser

It definitely needs something. If it was just bonds, or items like those original usable items from the advent calendar (like no refund on oats), it would be one thing, but the fact that you can spend nuggets, i.e. real money, on buffs means something really should be done. I wouldn't have a problem with refunds upon canceling an action only applying to bond shop buffs, or every buff if it's easier to implement.

Deleted User - 1693871

- Voluntary cancellation of a job returns the buff.
- Involuntary cancellation (getting KO'd buy the job or another player) results in the loss of buffs already assigned.

This sounds reasonable.

DeletedUser31022

After reading these ideas I'd like to expand on it just a little. I would open my own thread but I think these could be combined into one fix.

My idea would allow the user to choose when buffs are applied to jobs. I recently had to do the job Break Up Gangs once for a quest and the only way I could do it would be to buff up with a +250 LP that has 5 uses. Now I made the most of those other 4 uses but it would have been nice to have the option as to whether or not to use a buff I have.

The following picture will show that in the job window there is a check box that gives you the option to Apply the buff you have set.

8595403518_7928c27ff7.jpg

Now as usual the buffs would still not stack and your attempt to equip another would cancel out any unused.

Please apply this to your idea if you feel it fits or let me know if I should just make my own thread.

Thanks

DeletedUser

THAT would be great, honestly! Make proper use of what you're buying. However Inno want you to use it as much as possible so that you have to buy it again, hopefully with nuggets. So wonder if they'd ever approve

DeletedUser

My idea would allow the user to choose when buffs are applied to jobs.

Excessive and overly complicated. Adding choice would add hugely to the amount of work to implement this and make it much less likely to be implemented. My last post is the main reason we need to not lose buffs, but this addition doesn't have a strong argument besides just wanting it. You shouldn't be able to buy a buff with 10 actions and then use it for a month. If you don't need 10 actions, don't buy 10 actions. There's a reason 10 actions is a bigger bargain than 5 actions. Adding that would completely remove that reason.

The original idea is about need, not greed, and that's how it should stay.

DeletedUser20296

The two suggestion seems right for me .. but Elmyr is also right pointing out that there is too much development involved in order to provide that functionality ..
SO I suggest .. provide us with 1 action buff .. No missclicking .. No further development needed .. Ultra Easy to implement ... The player activate it for the job he wants ..

Last edited by a moderator: